Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Serious_Much
Railage
Quarik
TehInfamousAmos
CrackSouls
Tolvo
skarekrow13
PlasticandRage
bloodpixel
13 posters

WHY MUST FIGHTING GAMES BE SO DIFFICULT

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

WHY MUST FIGHTING GAMES BE SO DIFFICULT Empty WHY MUST FIGHTING GAMES BE SO DIFFICULT

Post by bloodpixel Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:03 am

WHY MUST I SCREW UP EVERY COMBO I DO. SERIOUSLY YOU NEED FINGERS BREAKING THE SOUND BARRIER TO PULL OFF SOME OF THESE COMBOS.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

WHY MUST FIGHTING GAMES BE SO DIFFICULT Empty Re: WHY MUST FIGHTING GAMES BE SO DIFFICULT

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:05 am

What are you playing? I am a Tekken god. That's my game. I've inspired violence playing that game quite a few times.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

WHY MUST FIGHTING GAMES BE SO DIFFICULT Empty Re: WHY MUST FIGHTING GAMES BE SO DIFFICULT

Post by bloodpixel Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:07 am

Pretty much any fighting game I've ever played made me fail miserably.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:10 am

Play some that don't have button link combos. Tekken for example. A lot of the characters operate perfectly well without the use of button link combos. Brian Fury, for example, is all about power attacks. The Street Fighter series, before it became Alpha or anything beyond it, is great too. King of Fighters is a spectacular series too.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:18 am

I love Brian. He instantly became my fave. Combo? Nah....one punch is all that's needed. I took a bus ride to Oklahoma once that went through St. Louis for some reason. I was playing Tekken and some guy came over and wanted to fight me. He chose the sumo guy and, like a dumba** I got caught in one round with the palm attack and he perfected me. I was using King and couldn't land any sweet wrestling moves so I lost in three rounds. He acts like king turd and asks if I want to play again. I say "sure" but forget to add...."but I'll be bringing Baek with me this time." 11 hit kicking combo and I had my first of two perfects on the guy. After the second he left without a word. For anyone under 20, that's the original PvP right there. Random arcade and bus station fights.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:26 am

Man I miss the arcade. They don't really seem to exist anymore. I remember playing Street Fighter 2 in the local arcade in my town every day for an entire summer. My friends and I were instantly addicted. Having 20 minute fireball fights and yelling at each other and drinking red slush puppies
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:31 am

That could be a chapter in my biography. Then along came Final Fight, X-Men and Mortal Kombat blew everyone's mind. Then the great push to get every game to console. I still remember the blood code for Mortal Kombat on Sega Genesis. That's either really sad or....

really "TOASTY"
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:41 am

I still remember the Tyson code on Mike Tyson's Punch Out. 007 373 5963. Yet I have to look up my own mother's cell number when I don't have my phone on me.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:50 am

Hey, she's bound to call you eventually. Knowing how to skip to Tyson is what's important.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:38 am

That and the konami code are like permanently etched on my brain. I was a SNES man, never had a Genesis, so I don't know the blood code. Though I watched friends input it several times.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:39 am

Fighting games aren't difficult, just get Super Smash Brothers Brawl and have some friends over. Some of the best times I've had in gaming is in a room full of fifteen guys with one or two girls feeling uncomfortable as I kill everyone with ROB, ROBBING them of the match.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:42 am

Tolvo wrote:Fighting games aren't difficult, just get Super Smash Brothers Brawl and have some friends over. Some of the best times I've had in gaming is in a room full of fifteen guys with one or two girls feeling uncomfortable as I kill everyone with ROB, ROBBING them of the match.
    That's the only game I never have trouble with lol.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:43 am

You will when you face my mad tilts skills bro!

If I could find that damn CD. sad
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:43 am

Smash Brothers is not a fighting game. Smash Bros is a fighting game the way Mystic Quest is a Final Fantasy game.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:45 am

Obviously you've never seen a counter parry air dodge down air edge dive duel that lasts ten seconds straight, some of the highest skill level required I've ever seen in a fighting game.

Most fights though are just people throwing items and having fun though.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:46 am

Play a game of Tekken with me online and I'll redefine the genre for you.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:47 am

I don't care for Tekken, it kind of bores me.

EDIT: By the way, I'm just saying it's a game I don't enjoy. I didn't say it was a bad game.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:57 am

Sorry, but I have to butt in on your discussion (mainly Plastic and Tolvo).
    I am **** at fighters, but I went to a tournament recently. One side held Street Fighter IV, the other Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I had friends entered in the Brawl. They got their asses kicked, and HOLY CRAP WAS PRO LEVEL SUPER SMASH BROS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. Some random guys who were travelling from Quebec pwned really hard too. I couldn't believe the detail in spacing and timing...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:00 am

Yeah, it gets pretty insane, the mind games as well are pretty crazy. You wouldn't think it looking at it, but the meta game of Smash Bros is incredibly in depth. Down to player counters. If you go into a tourney that is national and see a guy in the finals using Jiggly Puff? Don't give that *** Jiggly Puff an inch!
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:02 am

Tolvo, it's cool you like Rob. Toon Link is what I played as, the few times I played anyways. My buds were (in order from best to least skilled) Lucas, Diddy Kong, Wolf, and Link.
    Some of the pros I saw at the tourney used Rob, DeDeDe, and frickin' BOWSER.

And yeah there was one local dude who played as Jigglypuff and he was an ***. Cheesed his way through the whole tourney. It was nice to see him get destroyed when he finally had to go up against the pros!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:03 am

Ahhhh I was a Tekken/MK child, I was a boss with my fingers, or thats what she said winking It was all about King, I knew the freakin raging death combo off by heart xD, I have finally forgotten it after Tekken 6 ( I think it is) And oh god don't get me started on MK, I won some tournaments on that xD Shang-Tsung ftw do my BnB combo turn into you, use your BnB combo on yourself, cough cough Flawless Victory xD You can tell I came a little when I saw this thread :L
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:09 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Ahhhh I was a Tekken/MK child, I was a boss with my fingers, or thats what she said winking It was all about King, I knew the freakin raging death combo off by heart xD, I have finally forgotten it after Tekken 6 ( I think it is) And oh god don't get me started on MK, I won some tournaments on that xD Shang-Tsung ftw do my BnB combo turn into you, use your BnB combo on yourself, cough cough Flawless Victory xD You can tell I came a little when I saw this thread :L
    Please contain your orgasms.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:09 am

Let me see if I remember the Jiggly Air Easy Kill. Side B, Side B back, A Down A Down B, should kill most characters and players unless they know how to cancel your attacks or air dodge at the exact perfect moment.

Toon link was actually the only character in the game I didn't play as .

Many people looked down on DDD because of his slow attacks, but speed actually is not that important. Range is, he can hit through the attacks of most characters. As well his tilts are fast, good damage, and quick. So you see a Marth going for a dash attack, sudden Tilt to stun him, possibly knock him down then jump, and nuetral air a with your C- pad/stick, but hold down with the M-pad/stick to descend quickly and catch them.

Lucas, Wolf, and Link are actually very powerful characters. Diddy though is pretty weak, but anyone can overcome that with skill.

Rob is great because he is incredibly easy to control an arena with, tons of support style attacks, great reach, speed, juggle ability, quick grapples, great survivability. If you do mind games he's an excelent character.

Bowser flat out has a few attacks that are great, but many of his are a bit sluggish with low range. However, his tilts are great, as well as his Up B on the ground, and side B. His air attacks are also great, as well his Up Air is one of the strongest ones in the game.

I'm going to get too into this conversation. You should see what these guys would be like though, tourney guys, if you make them play with standard controls. Professional players all have special controller set ups, I know I personally jump with buttons not Up on the stick, as well I use my C-Stick for arial attacks, not my A button. big grin
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:16 am

+1 Pixel, it made me laugh a bit.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:29 am

People can become skilled at any game. That doesn't make it a good game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:41 am