Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Serious_Much
Railage
Quarik
TehInfamousAmos
CrackSouls
Tolvo
skarekrow13
PlasticandRage
bloodpixel
13 posters

WHY MUST FIGHTING GAMES BE SO DIFFICULT

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

WHY MUST FIGHTING GAMES BE SO DIFFICULT - Page 3 Empty Re: WHY MUST FIGHTING GAMES BE SO DIFFICULT

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:20 pm

This thread is getting pretty volatile so I would just like to add that all these games are inferior to Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic like I mentioned earlier.....no wait....I had something else.

Oh yeah.....obviously this is a genre with a little ambiguity to it's definition and I don't think there's need for consensus on a label on the game. It's clear who likes it or not and even in yay or nay there's merits and game mechanics that have been discussed. Let's try to remember that everyone who's posted in this thread has earned our respect (for the most part) prior to this discussion. I'm the exception......I should not be encouraged or respected lest you want a hearty rant!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

WHY MUST FIGHTING GAMES BE SO DIFFICULT - Page 3 Empty Re: WHY MUST FIGHTING GAMES BE SO DIFFICULT

Post by Serious_Much Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:38 pm

I think you guys take this too seriously. It's just opinion. I'm not getting offended him saying it takes no skill, because I know it does, never mind what a guy who doesn't play it thinks silly

Also Reaper what have I told you about walls of text?! lol!
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:44 pm

.....nuthin

Last edited by Railage on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:47 pm

^^Thats severe baiting, I would love for you to change that please happy

seriously, don't want the thread to get any more aggression in here :|
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Also Reaper what have I told you about walls of text?! lol!

Fixed it for you winking
    Kinda went on a rant and forgot about formatting lol.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:01 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Also Reaper what have I told you about walls of text?! lol!

Fixed it for you winking
    Kinda went on a rant and forgot about formatting lol.

I read it the first time and gave myself a headache in the process, was just making a point silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:44 am

I'm back, but I just won't be responding to arguments, just talking about the fun of fighting games. Reaper, did you ever get the Shine down for Falco and Fox? It was always beyond me for some reason, I could Wave Dash with easy, but give me those two characters and I was just some bumbling idiot.

Wave dashing as Samus, Wave Dash Grapple attacks, that was OP as hell, I remember using that in a few tourneys haha.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:15 am

Tolvo, I hope you realise that calling moves in Smash bros "OP" is kinda silly, since the target audience of it were never intended to think of doing things like what you and Reaper have described playing. I mean come on, it's made for 10 year olds silly

For all intents and purposes, the characters are balanced except when you start doing ridiculous combo moves like you guys are lol!
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:34 am

It may be marketed to 10 year olds but im a grown *** man and i think its great fun...though ive only played it once or twice. The last Nintindo i had was N64.

I just got MK 9 and its hard...i beat the story mode but still suck at it. Apparently when you play vs AI it reads the buttons you push before the your own char begins the move and reacts...which i can handle(for the most part) those dudes online are crazy good though. im like 10/49 online or some such lol
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Tolvo, I hope you realise that calling moves in Smash bros "OP" is kinda silly, since the target audience of it were never intended to think of doing things like what you and Reaper have described playing. I mean come on, it's made for 10 year olds silly

For all intents and purposes, the characters are balanced except when you start doing ridiculous combo moves like you guys are lol!

Lol at you wondering how I can enjoy something that is "obviously" intended for a younger audience winking
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:32 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Tolvo, I hope you realise that calling moves in Smash bros "OP" is kinda silly, since the target audience of it were never intended to think of doing things like what you and Reaper have described playing. I mean come on, it's made for 10 year olds silly

Lol at you wondering how I can enjoy something that is "obviously" intended for a younger audience winking

Oh no it's not the enjoyment, I love smash bros too silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:06 pm

Serious, you should have seen that trick though man, it was so entertaining. You wave dash while air grappling, which for Samus is a long range push back attack, so you can literally use it around twenty times, from one side of the stage to the other, and you could land at the end grappling them, then throw them typically for a kill. The downside though is one wrong dodge, and you dodge right off the edge and fall to your death.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:37 pm

Tolvo wrote:I'm back, but I just won't be responding to arguments, just talking about the fun of fighting games. Reaper, did you ever get the Shine down for Falco and Fox? It was always beyond me for some reason, I could Wave Dash with easy, but give me those two characters and I was just some bumbling idiot.

Wave dashing as Samus, Wave Dash Grapple attacks, that was OP as hell, I remember using that in a few tourneys haha.

Now that I'm off my phone I can type enough to give you a response here! Long story short is that I never even got wavedashing down, let alont the shine techniques lol. I was a Jigglypuff main so quick short-hopping was much more effective than wavedashing both offensively and defensively in pretty much any situation since Jigg's wavedash was so pathetic.

My Melee "career" was pretty minor though compared to my Brawl one, since unlike Brawl, I never really did any tournaments for Melee and was only competitive amongst my circle of friends. Brawl though I went to tournaments for a good year and a half to two years after it's release, my best results putting at something like the 14th-16th best player in my city shortly before I stopped playing Brawl for Street Fighter IV. Been a looooong time since then though and the Brawl scene has likely changed alot since I stopped playing, so I wouldn't even call myself good at the game anymore lol.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Ah, the puff with the stuff. Such an under rated character in all of the games. One Down B can be the end of the match, in your favour or not depending on if you miss haha.

I was the same, I really only got competitive and did online Tourneys for Brawl, and a few times I went to melee ones, but I've been to around forty or so for brawl, and only around ten for melee. I've won a few, but mostly I lost. Still, it's such great fun. Especially since usually I entered with friends and we'd always have to duke it out at some point haha.

Did you ever do any of the online betting around the brawl scene...I may have...Dabbled a bit. >_>
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Tolvo wrote:Did you ever do any of the online betting around the brawl scene...I may have...Dabbled a bit. >_>

The only betting I've ever done on a video game was back when I was real little, me and my friend went trick or treating for Halloween together, and afterwards we loaded up Final Fantasy VII, went to the Gold Saucer, and watched the chocobo races (watched, not participated winking) betting candy on the winners silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Ah, well I may, or may not. Have participated, in illegal gambling rings around brawl, that don't exist. And I may have made quite a bit of money, or I might not have, by using a pink Captain Falcon. >_>

But nothing can be proven.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:32 pm

the bestest fighting game ive played everz is naruto: clash of ninja 2. never was much of a fighter, but i do love playing as rock lee and destroying my friends/family within the time limit i have given myself.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:32 pm

Man, you know I hate to admit it, but the Naruto fighting games are actually pretty good. I feel like I shouldn't like them, but they're just so much fun.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:10 pm

My friend has Naruto ninja storm 2? Dunno exact title but when I played it was really fun, it reminded me kinda like the Dragonball Z Budokai series except a bit more intricate and a LOT faster
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:12 pm

The DBZ games are fairly fun, I have them as well. But definitely a game that is just one button, you can easily beat people just mashing push, unless you face that ****, Me, who knows all of the combos and special attacks haha.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:16 pm

oh, you're one of THOSE guys silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Super Gogeta Kamehama Cannon x40 in your direction!

You want to play a small fast character? Cute, time to play a giant character that you can't damage. twisted

I was known to muck about with Chaotzu though haha.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Think I'll just take Bardock. Come at me brah. silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Actually with a medium sized character you can easily beat bardock, as they're faster, and can stun him. silly

I need to play more games without paying attention to mechanics.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:58 pm

And I don't give a **** about size of character, I go on style, and he's about as ballsy as any of them.

Also how the hell is bardock counted as slow? Aint he medium size since he's a saiyan? :|

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:49 pm