Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Dual-dagger/Pyro. Suggestions and experiences?

Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dual-dagger/Pyro. Suggestions and experiences? Empty Dual-dagger/Pyro. Suggestions and experiences?

Post by Sneezer Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:26 pm

Does anyone have experience dual wielding daggers? I wouldn't mind some play style tips and suggestions, as I've never tried it before. 

I also don't know how to invest the last level (or six, if I decide to bump it up to 125.)

Anyway; http://mmdks.com/3ggu the dagger choices are more or less to add some kind of bleed pressure to the enemy while fighting, any sort of X-factor helps. 
    The hood is to give it the pyro vibe, as the build's main asset is the pyromancies.
    The thorn gauntlets and extra 2 levels in END are to give me the roll damage, being able to cancel BSs and all.

I chose pyromancer over wanderer as I'm converting a 55 build into this to save time, but it's only 1 level.

So, thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Any of that good stuff?
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dual-dagger/Pyro. Suggestions and experiences? Empty Re: Dual-dagger/Pyro. Suggestions and experiences?

Post by Jansports Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:35 am

I'm concerned Pyro doesn't do enough damage without Crown and Ring at 120 due to health pools being so...healthy.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dual-dagger/Pyro. Suggestions and experiences? Empty Re: Dual-dagger/Pyro. Suggestions and experiences?

Post by Sneezer Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:38 am

Putting on the crown would always be easy, I'd just rather not because I personally hate the look of it.
    The BCDR alone would probably be enough.
    But yeah, I see your point.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:42 am

Other than that it looks like it does what you want. Daggers, bleed threat, pyro.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:01 am

I don't imagine many people exclusively use daggers, except maybe Dibs, so I probably won't get many tips or mindset descriptions.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:45 am

I have some experience using dual daggers. The options on that are pretty limited. I mostly used a stronger Dagger on the left and a slightly weaker Bandit's on the right. I started fighting with pressing 'LB - RB - RT' (or L1 - R1 - R2?).

The benefit of having your set-up it that you need to guess or experiment how long it takes to build bleed up with your Bandit's. The build-up itself it higher than Priscilla's, but the eventual bleed damage of the last one is 50% of your opponents health.

This means you use the Bandit's to build up the bleed, then dealing the final build strike with Priscilla's. Repeat again and you probably won the match. silly

Also, two handing a Dagger and using the strong attack it pretty decent, because it's also really fast, does thrust damage and requires not a lot of stamina

Last edited by WaffleGuy on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because shut up)
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:24 am

Oh, they are almost a guaranteed win against someone with no to very little poise. You keep slashing at them without them interfering, back up, repeat. And if he heals, you got a nice critical to punish them.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:32 pm

This is kinda off topic, but using a Claw in the right would be nice compliment to a dagger in the left, the roll attack of the claw is pretty sweet.

Sorry, prolly not very helpful.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:50 pm

All relevant input is helpful, and I hadn't thought of that. I guess this could be a decent excuse to try out a claw for the first time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:23 am