Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Need suggestions for a Gravelord Pyro build

Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Need suggestions for a Gravelord Pyro build Empty Need suggestions for a Gravelord Pyro build

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:24 pm

Looking for suggestions on armor sets and pyro spells since I don't have very much experience with them...

Here's what I have so far

Also, is the greatbow even effective for pvp or should i swap for the black bow?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Need suggestions for a Gravelord Pyro build Empty Re: Need suggestions for a Gravelord Pyro build

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:29 pm

the greatbow is only really effective in the forest, but its weight usually isn't worth it.

Depending on what you're wearing, I'd recommend the wolf ring instead of the red tearstone. It make sure you don't get stunlocked by anything that touched you haha!

Other than that, it seems good.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Need suggestions for a Gravelord Pyro build Empty Re: Need suggestions for a Gravelord Pyro build

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:35 pm

yeah i didn't realize how effing heavy the greatbow is!!! lol! not worth it...
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:58 pm

I'd say go composite if your at midrange, black bow if your at any longer distance.

As for Armor, if you're looking for poise use the wolf ring and look for 1-2 pieces of gear with a decent amount of poise, then use the other two balance out your defenses.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:19 pm

I really like the Balder Chest with Hollow Thief's hood for a Gravelord. It's not just a good armor, it looks like some corrupted knight. Also, the GLS really isn't useful at that level except for applying Toxic. It has good r2's, but its damage is crap compared to any other weapon that people will be using at 120. (for my SL20 GL build it works great though) I say get three more levels in Str and use a Mura. It's a common weapon, but the +15 scales A with dex. and you can buff with resin for some extra AR.

If you're going dedicated pyromancer, get a Bellowing Dragoncrest ring, the crown of Dusk, and Power within. I think if you put all the damage-enhancing stuff together, you can get a 95% bonus to pyro damage, which is absolutely insane. i think a Fire Tempest can OHK most players with that damage output.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:38 pm

Hmmmm...maybe i'll tweak my Chaos Blade build. It's not quite at 120 yet.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:44 pm

I think I've got it...

http://tinyurl.com/chmx79b

It's much easier for me to tweak a build than to start from scratch...busy and all.

Now I just need an un-upgraded flame for PW.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:26 pm