Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

My first build.

benjay96

My first build. Empty My first build.

Post by benjay96 Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Hello everyone. So I am new to Dark Souls PvP but I made my first build last night and just wanted to show it to you PvP vets to see what you think of it and maybe get some suggestions to help finetune it!

I haven't named it yet though, any suggestions? Maybe Magic Fencer?

STARTING CLASS

Sorcerer

GEAR
    Weapon -  Raw +5 Rapier R1
    Weapon - Pyromancer Flame R2 or L2 (preference)
    Weapon - Sorcerer Catalyst L1
    Shield - Grass Crest
    Armor - Brigand Set w/ Crown of Dusk
    Ring - Darkwood Grain or Hornet Ring
    Ring - Bellowing Dragoncrest

SPELLS

Crystal Magic Weapon - 1
    Fire tempest - 1
    Great Combustion - 1
    Fire Whip - 1

STATS

Dexterity - 12 (for rapier)
    Attunement - 19
    Intelligence - 25
    vitality - 30
    Endurance - 25
    Soul Level - 113
    REQ Souls - 506000

This build will focus on melee with a crystal magic weapon buffed raw +5 rapier and pyromancies. If you are really good at fighting without a shield then I recommend having both catalyst's in your L slots so you never have to get rid of your crystal buff to switch over to the pyromancer flame. Also you could use the hornet ring instead of the Darkroot grain ring if you feel comfortable without the dodge. The crystal buffed raw +5 rapier will do serious damage with the hornet ring equipped if you backstab. If you would like to go even further with damage put your dex to 20 and get richards rapier, the heavy attack while it's buffed with CM will do massive damage aswell as it thrusts I think 3-4 times in quick succession.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

My first build. Empty Re: My first build.

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:13 pm

For anyone one who wants it on mugen. 
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=297201856650263352
    It could use a whole whole lot of improvements, I don't even know where to start.

First of all for the stats you gave it it only reaches level 57. You have 5 attunement slots but only four spells. You shouldn't use a raw rapier, instead use a Rapier+15 it does much more but at your stats, it would be better to use a chaos rapier with 10 humanity, although be careful because many people think it's cheap. And that's just the very tip of it.

Here check out this post about tips to making builds https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t14581-reim-s-guide-to-making-builds

And I can't even improve on it because of how much this build can vary before it reaches level 100.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:37 pm

CMW on +15 probably does more than chaos, or at least comparable.  If he's going dex at all (he probably should with all those "spare" stats) +15 is the way to go for certain.
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:47 pm

^ All of this, and then some more.

If you're making a 'Buff' Build, then your first step should be to maximise the damage you are doing with said buffed weapon. Since you are using the Rapier, this would mean 40 Dexterity, and then as much Intelligence as you are comfortable with, for example; 32 Int would let you use the Tin Crystallisation Catalyst, adding considerably more damage to your buff, as well as give you access to Pursuers (use with caution!) and give you 5 orbs on Homing Crystal Soulmass. 36 would let you use Soul Spear, and get more damage out of a regular catalyst. 44 Int would let you use Crystal Soul Spear, and give you the full benefit of the best standard catalyst in the game (Logan's Catalyst). Then fill out the rest of your stats in Endurance (to give the roll speed you want with the armour you want to wear, as well as stamina, of course), Vitality and Attunement.

If you go this route (maximising buff damage by raising Int), you may as well use the Sorcery Spells instead of Pyromancy, in my opinion. Of course you may just prefer Pyromancy.

Next, if you are just starting out in PvP, I would STRONGLY recommend that you have Poise, so that you aren't constantly being stunned, and having your attacks interrupted. Take a look at this page for some good info on how much poise is required to resist stagger from the various weapon types, but generally speaking 53 or 56 is the best breakpoint as it allows you to resist stagger from Greatswords wielded in two hands, and everything below (with 56 allowing you to resist running 2-handed R1 Greatsword attacks and everything below).

As I guess you probably know, Soul Level 100, and 120 are the most popular levels for PvP, so you have plenty of levels to play with. Below is a link to a standard dex-int build, which you could as a guide. Again, just suggestions though, you'll no doubt find your own playstyle as you progress happy

http://mmdks.com/3hgd
    benjay96

Post by benjay96 Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:43 pm

I updated the build after reading your guys' posts.

Starting Class - Sorcerer
    Covenent - Chaos Servant

STATS
    Vit - 40
    Att - 19
    End - 40
    Str - 9
    Dex - 40
    Res- 8
    Int - 25
    Faith - 8
    Humanity - As high as you want.
    Soul Level - 110

WEAPONS

Richard's Rapier +15
    Oolacile Ivory Catalyst
    Ascended Flame +5
    Crest Shield +5

SPELLS

Crystal Magic Weapon
    Fire Orb
    Fire Whip
    Fire tempest
    Great Combustion

ARMOR

Crown of Dusk
    Brigand Armor +15
    Brigand Gauntlets +15
    Brigand Trousers +15
    Ring - Darkroot Grain
    Ring - Bellowing Dragoncrest

HP - 1326
    Stamina - 160
    Equip Load - 12.6/80.0

First of all I will talk about the gear. I changed the weapon to Richard's Rapier because I bumped the dex higher and it has a nasty heavy attack. I added the crest shield to counteract the negative magic defence of the crown of dusk, but only if your blocking! I changed the catalyst to Oolacile Ivory because people told me that it is more effective then the Sorcerers catalyst. And finally I moved the pyromancer flame to the right hand which means that to use pyromancies you must sacrifice your current CMW buff, or you can use them after your buff ends.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:46 pm

It's better to just quick menu swap the catalyst to the pyromancy flame in your left hand, so you can use it without sacrificing your buff. Just cast your buff then go to the menu and swap it.
    Also since you're using a rapier, you should have a balder shield +15 as well, so you can menu swap to that if you're not fighting a magic user. That gives you much more stability, allowing you to block hits better while still attacking.

And you would still have weight left over to swap the brigand trousers for something like the elite knight leggings which offer better defense.
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:05 am

With those stats, you won't be able to use the Crest Shield (or the Balder Shield for that matter).... silly

I still think you'd be better off with Poise, rather than the ninja flip, but let us know how you get on happy Also, since you have some levels to spare, and you want to use Pyromancy, you may as well bump up your Dexterity to 45, which will give you the fastest spell casting speed. Pyro benefits more from this, because the cast times for most of the Pyro spells are slower than that of Sorceries.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:21 pm

You could also not worry about bumping up Dex at all, and use an enchanted rapier. Then you could bump up endurance some more and allow yourself to get some poise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:10 pm