Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
eminusx
Juutas
CakeThiefPro
tigab95
purgatori
Odinbear
crbngville2
emraluces
raecor14
Seignar
iGBx
TheWanderer101
twigsterxd
Lorrac ESP
Rollo-99
steveswede
Uparkaam
Tolvo
Serious_Much
AnCapaillMor
KrazykevS10
Ninazu
26 posters

Dark Souls 2 at Gamescom next week!

steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls 2 at Gamescom next week! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls 2 at Gamescom next week!

Post by steveswede Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:45 am

I just remembered, will we need online passes to access multiplayer? The Dark Souls community is worried that the multiplayer will suffer in the long run if so.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls 2 at Gamescom next week! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls 2 at Gamescom next week!

Post by eminusx Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:29 am

Are they going to use the same voice cast as Dark Souls (cryptic english types) for DS2?

The voice acting added enormously to the feel and atmosphere of the game, it would be a real shame if that was lost.

Ta
    eviltoothpick

Post by eviltoothpick Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:44 pm

How is split damage being changed?

How diverse will dual wielding be? And will all combinations be useful?

Have status effects been changed in anyway?

Are things like dead angling/ hacking, being addressed?

Is kicking still in the game? As there has been mention of a shoulder shunt which functions as a guard break.

You've said that no characters in DaS1 will be in DaS2. But will any mentioned characters make an appearance? If so, don't specify. I hate spoilers.  

Will you still be able too acquire all of an enemies's gear a.k.a. can you get enemy armour and weapons as item drops? Example: Turtle knight, dagger hollows, thoraland knights, horse headed statues.

During the ign gameplay reveal. It was shown that ranged combat has received significant improvements which allow it too stand more on its own two feet. Do you hope too refine this more, so that ranged weapon only playthroughs are possible? And will crossbows share in these benefits?
    radarhead

Post by radarhead Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi, i'm the shows host, and will also be carrying out the interview along side Ninazu.

Just wanna say these are some absolutely awesome questions you guys have posted.

Our pre-Gamescom show has gone up, Dark Souls 2 gets a mention(in games we are most excited to see).  
    Pre-GamesCom Special

Praise the sun!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:28 pm

Edited your post for you so that it's a hyperlink.

Glad we can all help out with the questions, we're looking forward to finding out more about the new game
    radarhead

Post by radarhead Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Thanks, did look a bit scruffy, my own fault for not creating an account sooner, though I have relied on the information found in the wikis for the longest of times happy.

Psyched to see it! I did an interview for Dark Souls 3 years ago, required a translator, hoping it wont limit our time and the number of questions we get to ask.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:01 am

Well, the rest of Gamescom was ***. So let's hope that Dark Souls 2 wasn't.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:53 am

Panda I think you're being a little harsh on the whole thing. I mean I'd hardly expect the companies to walk in and reveal their whole hand to you while games are still in production

Last edited by Serious_Much on Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:44 am

Well aren't they from a site that is going to do interviews at Gamescom, or do they represent gamescom?  Because I think Panda meant more so what was presented at Gamescom, not necessarily the interviews being done though maybe he meant them as well.  Though yes he was being pretty down on what was presented at Gamescom in either case, but that's mostly an issue with developers and marketing/publishing teams for video games which were presented.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:54 am

this is true tolvo, I'll edit my post
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:59 am

Now in regards to gamescom from what I've heard I'm a bit disappointed, but it's all second hand since I didn't watch any of the streams.  But I haven't heard anything about Dark Souls 2 at Gamescom yet, so I'm interested in the interviews these people are doing, I'm hoping there is at least a bit of juicy info.
    radarhead

Post by radarhead Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:37 am

Hey, me and Ninazu had a great interview with them at Gamescom, and got some good answers, but they were pretty tight lipped about a lot of things.

The actual interview will be up by Friday.

You can listen to our musings about every game we saw at Gamescom here :http://traffic.libsyn.com/radarhead/THEGAMEOVERCAST_GAMESCOM_SPECIAL_EPISODE_2.mp3, or here on Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-actual-gamescom-special!/id376203083?i=164756052

This doesn't contain the interview though.

It was a limited behind closed doors interview, and dark souls 2 was not on the public floor.
    Rest assured though we got our hands on Dark Souls 2, and all I can say is that it is most defiantly Dark Souls happy. It was frickin awesome, I kind of wish we hadn't done it, its made the wait excruciating.

Dark Souls 2 at Gamescom next week! - Page 2 161gt8l

Me and Ninazu attempting to get the Knight to Praise the sun!
    purgatori

Post by purgatori Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:43 am

^ That's awesome cheers 

Did you ask him if he's Solaire? winking
    radarhead

Post by radarhead Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Interview is up!

We had a great interview with Tak Miyazoe about Dark souls 2.

We discuss things including:
    -Region locking
    -Poise
    -Lore
    -Resistance
    -Boss fights
    -Character Customization
    -Beards!
    -Humanity
    -Online passes
    and mucho mucho more!

Check out the show here: Episode 156
    Or on Itunes here: Episode 156 on itunes!

The interview begins around 1:22:45. But you should listen to all of it, because it is awesome!
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:25 pm

That was great guys. So there's no region locking and a high chance there won't be an online pass.  I am so relieved to hear this, lets hope this doesn't change.

So humanity is getting a overhaul with Fromsoft atm experimenting on how they will implement it.  I guess the devs don't like how humanity has been used by players in DkS1.

LOL at the response for customizing textures, pink polka dots would be hilarious.  I can understand that they don't want to take away the overall look of DkS2 that's why there should be the option to turn it off on the fly.

You missed out on the resistance question but that's ok, you guys answered many questions a lot of us have been taking about frequently which have now been finally answered.

BTW

Wish you the best of luck with your gaming site.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Excellent interview radar. I'm so happy you chose to ask questions that were requested by us or at least hinted at.

The region locking thing is also one thing I'm happy about. direction or no, I'm relieved I'll be able to play with anyone in the world.

Thank you once again for doing this for us. The interview turned out great and te info you got out of them sounds very promising for the sequel
    DOOM996
    DOOM996

Post by DOOM996 Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Nice interview Radar! I`am so looking forward to DS2 next year!
    radarhead

Post by radarhead Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:31 pm

Hey I actually did ask the Resistance question!
    However I edited it out as the answer was "they are looking into it".....
    It was a complete non answer i'm afraid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm