phastings wrote:unless there is an invader cov that allows another to enter the world of the host you invaded, Blue cov is going to be exploited by gankers. Also, the former would only be fair if it was limited to duel invasions of blue cov hosts for balance-purposes
The whole point behind the Blue Covenant is "*** fair play". Adding "balancing" measures of any kind to the invader (who as far as we can tell continues the proud souls tradition of losing nothing in an invasion goes badly, and thus has no stake in the fight) is kind of missing the point.
If you feel it's unfair, then leave once you see the Blue Phantom, don't whine about it.
haha are you serious? Ok, im gonna try and do this while whining, but cant promise i wont break down and cry tears of reason:
1. players currently summon 2 phantoms and wait for invaders to ambush them which has adopted the term "ganking"
2. People do not like ganking, nor do people like to admit they have partaken (but we all know most of us have at least once, its like peeing in the pool). irrelevant, i digress
3. Granting a player the ability to always have a summon upon being invaded means gankers need do little else than join said covenant and wait around for invaders (humans are opportunists), even summon another white when the message pops if they want..
4. (why im confused with your statement of fair play) an invader covenant to BALANCE the aforementioned was more of an idea than a whiney outcry.. how "fair" does it feel to you or anyone when you are supposed to hunt down a host, pvp 1v1, fightclub etc, only to be bombarded by three mom-havel douchebags waiting around to pummel you?
5. if your not invading, you are either playing thru an area, or waiting to be invaded.. if the latter is the case, how many people will wait around for pvp without being in the blue covenant? might be a topic worth visiting
-Dark souls is not supposed to be forgiving, or easy, but "fair" IS why the mechanics are programmed so well that it is on you when you fail..
pvp is certainly another matter, and different rules apply, but that does not mean the exception (ganking opportunities) needs to become the rule, nor should it be okay to give the griefers an edge when the PVP community has to suffer as a result.
I was trying to point out what may happen.
Last edited by phastings on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
"Your'e going the wrong way."
"Don't pay any attention to them. They're just False Alarms. You get a lot of them in the Labyrinth, especially when you're on the right track..."
"Oh, no you're not."
"Oh, shut up!"
"Sorry, just doing my job."
---- PSN: robert frost ----