Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Forum Pirate
Werdax
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
reim0027
Carphil
Juutas
10 posters

What happens when someone with 3000 hours on Dark Souls battles with a newcomer? [VIDEO]

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

What happens when someone with 3000 hours on Dark Souls battles with a newcomer? [VIDEO] Empty What happens when someone with 3000 hours on Dark Souls battles with a newcomer? [VIDEO]

Post by Juutas Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:17 pm

So I was trying to invade a guy from my chat who was supposed to deliver me some items for my new build and I ran into a guy who apparently just picked up the game from sale.
    Watch how my pro skillz handle the situation Look Skyward  

Spoiler:

Recorded live @ www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

What happens when someone with 3000 hours on Dark Souls battles with a newcomer? [VIDEO] Empty Re: What happens when someone with 3000 hours on Dark Souls battles with a newcomer? [VIDEO]

Post by Carphil Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:43 pm

Do not worry man, it happens to everyone silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

What happens when someone with 3000 hours on Dark Souls battles with a newcomer? [VIDEO] Empty Re: What happens when someone with 3000 hours on Dark Souls battles with a newcomer? [VIDEO]

Post by reim0027 Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:31 pm

Happens to me a lot. I'm too used to playing people with more experience. The strategy is different.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:41 pm

"I hope he has a good experience with Dark Souls."silly 

Seriously though, why you no Llyod's?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:25 am

Carphil wrote:Do not worry man, it happens to everyone silly
    Haha, I'm not too heartbroken by it :Dthe more I think about it, the more awesome it was actually.
    Imagine how that guy remembers his first PvP experience as epic victory!
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:27 am

reim0027 wrote:Happens to me a lot.  I'm too used to playing people with  more experience.  The strategy is different.
    Yeah, the new players play way more differently and are still used to s*itty equipment happy
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:28 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:"I hope he has a good experience with Dark Souls."silly 

Seriously though, why you no Llyod's?
    As far as I know I had no Lloyd's Shrug   and then also...I was arrogant.
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:25 am

I applause that guy. Despite having a very simplistic way of fighting, he did (somewhat) well.
    There is no shame in losing to beginners. Heck, I very often overestimate my own capabilities whenever I meet a newcomer, and often tease them rather then finishing them off. In some cases, this arrogance will hit me like a truck when I see the "you died" screen. Then I smile with proud tears in my eyes.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:57 am

you did kill him like 3 times over, and he just healed it away. its not as though you just failed a counter bs and died immediately or something
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:22 am

The guy did well though, good tactic- shield up, spaced well and hit when he could. Only reason you lost was he healed basically but still, good for him, I bet he had suh a rush after doing that for probably the first time.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:01 am

Werdax wrote:I applause that guy. Despite having a very simplistic way of fighting, he did (somewhat) well.
    There is no shame in losing to beginners. Heck, I very often overestimate my own capabilities whenever I meet a newcomer, and often tease them rather then finishing them off. In some cases, this arrogance will hit me like a truck when I see the "you died" screen. Then I smile with proud tears in my eyes.
    This guy totally deserves his applauses happy
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:02 am

Forum Pirate wrote:you did kill him like 3 times over, and he just healed it away. its not as though you just failed a counter bs and died immediately or something
    Well technically yes, but he still did pretty good for a "noob" happy
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:04 am

Serious_Much wrote:The guy did well though, good tactic- shield up, spaced well and hit when he could. Only reason you lost was he healed basically but still, good for him, I bet he had suh a rush after doing that for probably the first time.
    He had gotten the core basics of Dark Souls down pretty fast :)way better play than when I started.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:50 am

I remember my first days well and my first win against a vader while STILL trying to get out of the Burg! So, yeah...applause to him. That win prolly bucked up his self-confidence (even more). As for healing...I don't and didn't back then. But if my opponent heals, oh well. At that point I may or may not heal...but I do have the choice.

It really did look like a good fight!
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:37 pm

LOL. Awesome.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:I remember my first days well and my first win against a vader while STILL trying to get out of the Burg! So, yeah...applause to him. That win prolly bucked up his self-confidence (even more). As for healing...I don't and didn't back then. But if my opponent heals, oh well. At that point I may or may not heal...but I do have the choice.

It really did look like a good fight!
    Unfortunately I remember almost nothing about when I first got invaded...all I remember that it was at dragon bridge happy
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:14 pm

TooLeet wrote:LOL. Awesome.
    Indeed big grin
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Entertaining fight, he'll definitely never forget his first battle.  It's sometimes fun to do this to invaders, namely pretend to be noob bait.  Did it to a guy in New Londo a few days ago -- didn't really react to him, killed a few of the harmless hollows while he watched, went over to look at the blacksmith, etc.  The guy actually dropped me a humanity, presumably to repay me for my impending death, and then as soon as he attacked I stunlocked him to death.  I still feel kinda bad about that one.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:19 pm

befowler wrote:Entertaining fight, he'll definitely never forget his first battle.  It's sometimes fun to do this to invaders, namely pretend to be noob bait.  Did it to a guy in New Londo a few days ago -- didn't really react to him, killed a few of the harmless hollows while he watched, went over to look at the blacksmith, etc.  The guy actually dropped me a humanity, presumably to repay me for my impending death, and then as soon as he attacked I stunlocked him to death.  I still feel kinda bad about that one.
    Yeah...I think more than few of us have baited hungry dark wraiths with the classic Knight shield + Drake Sword setup :'D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm