Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
callipygias
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Midgar
ViralEnsign_
BLA1NE
reim0027
darksoulslover
11 posters

made my new char please help

darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

made my new char please help Empty made my new char please help

Post by darksoulslover Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:42 pm

I love my new char. I have the kat from the vender that i killed. ANd i added a +1 to it.

Im useing mircles , sourcery and may be pyro dunno yet.

Im a wander.

ATM im putting points in to
    attunment - to get at leaste 3 slots.
    int for sorcerys - i love the arrows
    dex to cast faster, use 1h weps faster
    faith - to get mircles up for healing.

Anything else im missing? When should i stop putting points to a certainb stat. Say stop putting points into attunemts at this # cause its a waste.

And what stats that i didnt list should i put points into. LIke endur and vit or what ever. just need a push int he right direction.

ty

this time i wont kill the blacksmith. lol! lol! lol!

I have the ress key from the undead merchant. Same guy i got the kat from what does the key go to?

king
    reim0027
    reim0027

made my new char please help Empty Re: made my new char please help

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:06 pm

I would not put points into faith. You'll spread yourself too thin. Especially, if all you want is to heal. If you really love the arrows, get your Int to 44. You'll really love the crystal soul spear.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:18 pm

i put enough into faith so i can heal. so im at 12 faith so no more points?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Yes. No more faith points. Once you get your Vit, Att, End, and Int to where you want, then start investing in Faith. But, that probably won't be for awhile.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:13 pm

how many slots max should i have?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Unless you want a lot of spells, I'd cap it at 16 (4 slots). After 16, you have to put twice as many levels to get to your next Att slot.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:31 pm

- I agree, don't invest in Fth if it's just for healing--that's what Estus is for!

- Since you're using a Katana, Dex/ Int is a very good idea. I recommend stopping at 40 Dex and 45 Int.

You should upgrade your Uchi on an elemental path as soon as you get the chance, either Lightning, Fire, or Chaos, and pick up the Iaito from Blighttown, and upgrade that one to Regular +15. Once you get the Crystal Magic Weapon spell to buff your Iaito +15, with your Dex/ Int character, it'll kick serious ***, and you'll have your elemental Uchi as backup.

- Att is a matter of preference, and also what you want to do with your build. You're going for Dex/ Int, but do you want to focus primarily on melee, really split melee/ magic, or focus on magic? Primarily melee: 16 Att, 4 slots; split: 19 or 23 att, 5 or 6 slots; emphasis magic: 23 or 28 att, 6 or 7 slots.

- Remember to put points into Vit too! And End, raise according to your equip weight: try to stay below 50% equip weight, raise End if you're above. Try to keep End as low as possible, and try really hard not to go above 40!

Also: the Residence Key is used to open a few doors for loot, but more importantly it's used in lower Undead Burg to free your first Sorcery teacher who's locked inside a house. Very important for you, since you need to free him to later be able to free his master, who will later teach you the best spells! That's a ways away, but for now just be sure to free him when you get to the lower burg.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:34 pm

^Oh, forgot to mention, about Dex: since you're going to upgrade on an Elemental path as soon as possible, you won't need to get your Dex so high just yet. I recommend you don't go beyond 20 Dex until you get Crystal Magic Weapon, which is quite far away. And you can also keep your Int low, for the moment. You can focus on Vit and End right now, actually. Focus on Vit and End and upgrading your weapon for now, and later you can raise your stats.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:55 pm

BLA1NE wrote:- I agree, don't invest in Fth if it's just for healing--that's what Estus is for!

- Since you're using a Katana, Dex/ Int is a very good idea. I recommend stopping at 40 Dex and 45 Int.

You should upgrade your Uchi on an elemental path as soon as you get the chance, either Lightning, Fire, or Chaos, and pick up the Iaito from Blighttown, and upgrade that one to Regular +15. Once you get the Crystal Magic Weapon spell to buff your Iaito +15, with your Dex/ Int character, it'll kick serious ***, and you'll have your elemental Uchi as backup.

- Att is a matter of preference, and also what you want to do with your build. You're going for Dex/ Int, but do you want to focus primarily on melee, really split melee/ magic, or focus on magic? Primarily melee: 16 Att, 4 slots; split: 19 or 23 att, 5 or 6 slots; emphasis magic: 23 or 28 att, 6 or 7 slots.

- Remember to put points into Vit too! And End, raise according to your equip weight: try to stay below 50% equip weight, raise End if you're above. Try to keep End as low as possible, and try really hard not to go above 40!

Also: the Residence Key is used to open a few doors for loot, but more importantly it's used in lower Undead Burg to free your first Sorcery teacher who's locked inside a house. Very important for you, since you need to free him to later be able to free his master, who will later teach you the best spells! That's a ways away, but for now just be sure to free him when you get to the lower burg.

i want both melee and spells. What do i need to add lighting to my weps? I have pine resing but it only last for like 4 min then goes away.

Funny to cause im back to where i was with a char i deleted and it had 27 hours and i lack 9 levels but im on 2 hours on this one funny..

my uchi is +3 should i keep going?

Atm im focusing on vit and end. I dont understand 50% load. Where is that number?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:19 pm

- Lightning:

There are 3 ways: pine resin (weak), upgrade, or Sunlight Blade (miracle, very powerful).

- Uchi:

You can either upgrade it to +5, go down to the catacombs, and upgrade it along the Fire path. But I would recommend you upgrade it to +10 then, as soon as you get to Anor Londo, upgrade it to Lightning.

- Equip weight:

You have to calculate it yourself. You can see your max equip weight on your stats screen. That number goes up 1 every End level you go up. If you want the fastest movement speed and roll, you need to be at or bellow 25% of your max. For medium speed and roll, be at or under 50% weight. You can also increase your max equip weight by 20% with the Ring of Favor and Protection, 50% with Havel's Ring, 20% with the Mask of the Father (head armor). And if you wear the Dark Wood Grain Ring, you can have the fastest movement speed at 50% equip weight, and do ninja flips instead of rolling.

You can check the wiki for more information on the things I mentioned (how to obtain them, etc.), there's a link to it at the top of the page. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:28 pm

By the way, all those equip weight buffs stack. For best results, you can wear Havel's Ring, the Dark Wood Grain ring, and the Mask of the Father together, and you'll be able to equip ridiculous amounts of gear and still be at the fastest movement speed.

If you plan on doing PvP though, this setup is generally frowned upon (people will easily tell if you're wearing mask of the father and ninja flip ring together). You can do what you want, of course! But don't be surprised if you get chain-bsed if you wear that equipment. When you're playing PvE though, do whatever you need to.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:31 pm

I wouldn't have put any points into faith if I were you. Estus would suffice in PvE and in PvP humanity are quicker to use that the heal miracle.

Also max out your int its freaking scary when a high int mage can essentially one shot you if he just clips you with Crystal Soul Spear.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:17 pm

It's honestly up to your personal preference, all my characters have 6 spell slots, I can't imagine having any lower than 5. If you are mainly raising your Int, you should also get Crystal Magic Weapon later on, you can use it on your Katana and it should do around double the damage. my spell slot statement is under the assumption of using the class for PvP, if you are just planning on fighting monsters you can do fine with 3 or 4 spell slots. If you're sticking with your katana I'd go to 30 endurance, 30 or 40 vitality, 40 dexterity, and 44 or 50 Int if you want to use White Dragon Breath.

Here is a good point of reference, this is my old Int/Dex build and worked very nicely, it should answer most of your questions since you are aiming towards your katana and using spears.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Darkmoon+Battlemage

I would make your katana +15 and use CMW, you can upgrade it to a lightning katana but it won't do anywhere near as good of damage.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:33 am

1. i dont wanna pvp just pve.
    2. i cant update for some reason. So ive never updated my game.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:58 pm

im puzzeled cause i just baought all my magic arrows. and magic weap. But i cant cast magic weapon. He just scratches his head. I got 16 int. Says req is 10 . I dont get it.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Magic Weapon is a spell used to increase a weapon's damage. To use it, you need to have your catalyst in your left hand and your weapon in your right, and your weapon must be buffable. Any weapons upgraded along the Regular and Raw upgrade paths are buffable, along with a few extra exceptions (such as the Silver Knight Sword). Any weapon that already deals magic or elemental damage is not buffable, and a few that don't aren't either (Black Knight weapons, and weapons upgraded with twinkling titanites and demon titanites).
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:23 pm

what hand is the catalyst in/ to cast magic weapon the catalyst must be in your left hand with a regular, raw or crystal upgrade path weapon in your right hand.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:44 pm

i put ny sword and staff in 1 hand and shield in other. ok ill try it out. ty
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:14 pm

i see what you mean with raiseing ur endurance when its over 50%. I was at 23.2 /44. And i was a turle couldnt fight nothing. Dieing a 100 times lol. So i put 3 points into endurance. So...
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:30 pm

I gave my first sorceress 8 spell slots right away, when upgrades were cheap, even though I couldn't fill them for quite a while. I'm like that guy in Unforgiven, I don't wanna be killed for lack of shootin' back. Gotta say I love it, especially when I got to NG+ and had double Homing Soul Mass and Crystal HSM equipped at the same time with 2 Crystal Soul Spears and regular Soul Spears. Quite an aresenal at 50 intelligence.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:45 pm

whats a good back up wep to the +5 uchi? Ill be fighting and then it will say weapon at risk. So i ll pull out anything to use till i get to a blacksmith> BUt wep suck lol. What should i do? Get a back up and upgrade it with *** shards? Or get the repair box so i can repair it at bonfires?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Gots to have that repair box. As to a secondary weapon I like the Balder Side Sword because it's quick, and its R1 attack has some sweep to it, while its R2 is a thrust, so whatever situation you're in when your main breaks it should work alright.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:11 pm

darksoulslover wrote:whats a good back up wep to the +5 uchi? Ill be fighting and then it will say weapon at risk. So i ll pull out anything to use till i get to a blacksmith> BUt wep suck lol. What should i do? Get a back up and upgrade it with *** shards? Or get the repair box so i can repair it at bonfires?

I've never had an issue like that with my katana, you definitely need a repairbox. The Great Scythe or the Lifehunt Scythe are good weapons for a dexterity build and have much higher durability if you are having severe issues with that.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:34 pm

where do i get these weapons you speak of? OK i get some repair boxes.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:51 pm

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Weapons

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:36 am