Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
callipygias
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Midgar
ViralEnsign_
BLA1NE
reim0027
darksoulslover
11 posters

made my new char please help

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

made my new char please help - Page 2 Empty Re: made my new char please help

Post by BLA1NE Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:22 am

darksoulslover wrote:where do i get these weapons you speak of? OK i get some repair boxes.
    You only get the repair box once (per playthrough), then you use it at your bonfire to repair whatever you want, whenever you want. Definitely get that!

You should also get some repair powders for when you're not near a bonfire and need to repair you weapon in a hurry. I know the undead merchant sells those... but you killed him didn't you? Maybe the female undead merchant sells them too.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:12 pm

BLA1NE wrote:
    darksoulslover wrote:where do i get these weapons you speak of? OK i get some repair boxes.
    You only get the repair box once (per playthrough), then you use it at your bonfire to repair whatever you want, whenever you want. Definitely get that!

You should also get some repair powders for when you're not near a bonfire and need to repair you weapon in a hurry. I know the undead merchant sells those... but you killed him didn't you? Maybe the female undead merchant sells them too.

nope she dont sad
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:10 pm

Huh... according to the Wiki, the undead merchant was the only one to sell them. And that's why you don't kill NPCs! I don't know who's responsible for this crime-wave, but the poor undead-merchant is getting killed by everyone nowadays and I find he has some nice wares.

It's really not a big deal though. With the repair box, I've actually never (ever) needed to use repair powder--and I've used Katanas a lot. If you use a weapon that has a special R2 ability that uses up its durability, powder can come in handy, but even then it's not necessary. The box will suffice.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:03 pm

sorry i was told that if i kill the undead merchant i can get a good wep. Now im out of powder, arrows to get drake sword. And to kill my red drag for 10k souls. I got 15 feather arrows. Dunno if theyll do it or not. Places i can go is where capre daemon is and then to depths, kill gargoyle and ring bell. Just think my char isnt as powefull as i would like him to be. I got 3 arrow spells,heal faith (dont ask) magic wep.

I poutting most of my points into int 19 currently. Just want better bang out of my uchi.
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:49 pm

you can buy arrows from all blacksmiths and other merchants, so no worries there.

allow me one note here: so, one lesson learned is... dont do whatever you hear others say and do your own research. You wasted the merchant because you heard someone saying you will get a powerfull weapon but you could find a much stronger weapon than the uchi extremely easily from the dragons tail. Anyway no big harm done, but be cautious about everything you read or hear winking

my advice would be to make a choice early on as to what you want your char to be, be it a mage dont waste points on faith -like others already said- and use every point where you need them. It is very common to be lured to upgrade your stats so you could use various spells/weapons that you find as you progress in the game, but -as i found out the hard way- this is wrong and in the end you will end up with a char that is medium in everything and good at nothing. There is alot of builds in the wiki to help you decide, so i think all the help is available to you to decide. Good luck! made my new char please help - Page 2 639795459
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:21 pm

ill post my stats. Im looking to do melee.int char. like 50 int 40 dex for ex.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:36 pm

OK im lvl 31

stats are

vit 16
    att 12
    end 13
    str 14
    dex 15
    res 12
    int 20
    faith 12

I got uchi to +5
    i also have drake sword but it says that uchi is better. And ill have to waste points to use the drak sword.

I got 3 *** shards
    2 large ***
    2 *** chunks
    2 twinkling
    1 demon ***

I can either kill capra demon(but he kills me in 2 hits) to get access to the depths.Or go to blight town ( i dont know what to do there.)
    i got a key for new londo ruins . Where does that go?

My armor is leather armor all ungraded.

Should i buy the sorsery ring for 20 k souls ?

I wanna do a int /dex build more in int tho.

wondering what to do for better armor wep ect.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:18 pm

darksoulslover wrote:OK im lvl 31

stats are

vit 16
    att 12
    end 13
    str 14
    dex 15
    res 12
    int 20
    faith 12

I got uchi to +5
    i also have drake sword but it says that uchi is better. And ill have to waste points to use the drak sword.

I got 3 *** shards
    2 large ***
    2 *** chunks
    2 twinkling
    1 demon ***

I can either kill capra demon(but he kills me in 2 hits) to get access to the depths.Or go to blight town ( i dont know what to do there.)
    i got a key for new londo ruins . Where does that go?

My armor is leather armor all ungraded.

Should i buy the sorsery ring for 20 k souls ?

I wanna do a int /dex build more in int tho.

wondering what to do for better armor wep ect.

If you're sticking to using your Uchigatana I'd recommend you limit yourself to 30 endurance. If you plan on using a bigger weapon like the Moonlight Greatsword then 40 endurance is a must. I'd raise your Int to 44 to be able to use Crystal Soul Spear later on, 50 maximum if you want to use White Dragon's Breath. If you go with your Uchigatana then you should use the regular upgrade path and take it to +15 which will give you the best damage. Later on you can get Crystal Magic Weapon to buff your Uchi and it will do around twice the damage depending on how high you raise your Int. For dexterity I'd say 40 is good, 45 if you want to cast spells the fastest. Don't raise resistance or faith, attunement is up to your personal preference really for more spell slots. Vitality should be between 30-40.

The key to the new londo ruins just opens a door in the Valley of the Drakes. It provides a shortcut from Blightown to New Londo which leads to the Firelink Shrine. The master key does the same thing. Killing the Capra Demon and beating the Depths is optional, you'll miss a lot of items if you don't do it though. If you do decide to skip it then your only option is to go to Blighttown through the shortcut in Firelink/Valley of the Drakes which is how you found the key and proceed to beat the boss. This shortcut to Blightown makes you miss out on a lot of items though as well.

Also, the ring is worth it especially since you don't have any other good rings at that point in the game. It increases the damage of your spells by a significant amount.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:30 pm

how do i upgradwe my wep past 5?
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:51 pm

You have to get the necessary embers and give it to the blacksmith. The first one for the regular upgrade path is in the Depths and the second is in New Londo.

Look it up on the wiki if you want to know specifically. You can also check on how to beat the Capra Demon if you're having that much trouble with him.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:20 am

with my other char i beat him in 2 sec this one how ever is diff. My other char had better armor adn this one has the red hooded stuff from blight town.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:21 am

guess ill have to grind out some levels. also i thought i got some items in the part where the big moth was. hmm
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:39 pm

question i was talking to my nephew today and 1. im upset that with a updated dark souls you get dble the souls. 2. The guy who gave me the sun medallion in fire link shring across from the estas flask ladie. He said to kill him and you get rin of favor. Do it or no? He said if you done he will kill the estas flask lady....
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:48 pm

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Darkmoon+Battlemage

i want to use this for pve hope it can work.. but i put 4 points to faith
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:54 pm

You can kill him now, or later.

- Kill him now: you get the Ring of Favor, a few humanities, and Anastacia (firekeeper) never dies.

- Let him live: he kills the firekeeper, and the Firelink bonfire will go out. Go to her body, and pick up the Black Eye orb. When you get to Anor Londo, in the large hall before Ornstein and Smough's fog gate, the Orb will vibrate. Use it there to invade Lautrec's world. There, he'll be with 2 buddies of his, and you have to kill him--standard invading rules apply (you can't heal with Estus, but you can still use humanity and miracles). Kill him to get the Ring of Favor and Protection, a few humanities, and the Firelink Firekeeper's soul (Anastacia's). Also, since you killed him this way, after you've killed O&S, take the elevator up and you'll find his armor in the back corner of the second floor.

Once you have her soul, you can return to her body in Firelink and restore her to life, which will re-light the bonfire. Or you can use it with another firekeeper to reinforce your estus flasks, or use it to gain 5 humanity... Probably best to just revive the firekeeper!

So if you let him kill the firekeeper, you get all the same stuff plus his armor, and you can choose to revive her or not, but you have to deal with not having the firelink bonfire for a while.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:13 pm

thing is this ring would be a huge plus for me right now. could help me save un necessary lvl points.
    ty for the info. is his armor worth it? The armor i got now is the red robe set from blight town> I think im gonna upgrade that and get the drake to kill capra demon..
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:25 pm

His armor's nothing outstanding. Just nice to have it if you're a completionist! I like to have a character with every weapon and all the armors, so I can test loadouts for builds.

As far as armor stats go, it's pretty similar to other medium sets like the Dark set and the set of Thorns. One or the other is almost the same.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:33 pm

That's my build silly

If you plan to PvP to and will be a Darkmoon you can go above SL 130. You can still invade SL 120s easily, my Dex/Int build is 160 now and invades the SL120 range just fine. The few points you lost is okay especially since you can level up higher then 130, with 12 faith you can also use Force or Emit Force(I forget which one, but they are essentially the same thing) which allows you to push opponents back and create space.

If you're just sticking to PvE then a few points misplaced is really insignificant. If I just did PvE I'd level up as high as I possibly could, you can't really mess up lol.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:42 pm

If you're going to aim to invade SL120 people, shouldn't it stand to reason that you should be SL120? You're openly admitting to giving yourself an unfair advantage...

People already fight quite unfairly in "duels", I at least like to be as fair as possible--especially if I'm setting an example. Don't start telling people to be SL160 to fight SL120s when you have no idea how many people will follow your advice. That's just further contributing to the deterioration of PvP when it's already mostly rotten. Also, I can tell when I'm clearly the better fighter but my opponent is a much higher level than I am. When my 600+ attack rating SLB Estoc deals 120 damage from a running-R1, clearly there's something wrong, not fooling anyone.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:43 pm

It was a suggestion, not a demand, he paid good money for the game, he can play however he chooses to.

Edit: And Int builds are hardly overpowered in the PvP scene, the only useful thing that they have is the MLGS and it certainly doesn't do anywhere near the damage of any faith build much less have their versatility of immobilizing opponents, spamming a 360 degree radius spell, healing, negating magic damage, and the DMB/SLB buff which was mentioned earlier in reference to the damage.

Might want to stick to the topic, he's asking for advice, not people telling him how he has to play. In the end he'll do whatever means he'll enjoy the game the most.

Last edited by Midgar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:52 pm

I prefer to believe that people who pay for a product are entitled to a fair and balanced experience, not anarchy. People are constantly saying "I paid for it, I can play it however I want" to justify tactics they know are unfair, and I'm very sick of hearing it. You absolutely can do what you want, nobody's telling you otherwise--I'm not--and nobody can make you do otherwise. But can you honestly deny that it's unfair to try and invade SL120s at SL160? And can you also honestly say that you're happy with PvP the way it is now?

Here's what I can honestly say: no matter how bad PvP gets, I will keep being fair. Not give myself unfair level advantages; not heal in a duel; not do cheap lagstabs; not stack cheap gear. Not only because I find absolutely no fun in being cheap, but also because I hope to lead by example. When someone beats me by being cheap, but realizes I was the better fighter, I hope I at least inspired them to better their skills and to fight more fairly rather than keep relying on their crutches.

Also: I know what I wrote was very preachy, borderline patronizing, and I apologize for that--I'm listening to music while writing right now, and it has that effect on me! silly
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:40 pm

well ty both for advice. I cant patch my game anyway. FOr some reason it doesnt let me so.... PvE.. I love my guy now. I got crimson armor,drake sword and long want poker thingy for sorcery spells. Just got the ring of favor and im kicking butt once again.

as i understand dex will not get my my drake sword power up right?

Ill grind out a couple levels im at 34. Then go fight the Capra demon.

Also so where them ghost are in new londo there is supposedly a fire thing to add estas power. Gotta find that and that will help me.

Is there a way to farm twinkling titnite?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Nope, Drake Sword has no scaling, so stats won't increase its damage.

Yes, there's a firekeeper soul in New Londo. It's right at the start, so you can even make a suicide run for it if you like. Just after the wooden bridges, when you get to the first ghosts, make a right. Then, make a right again (you'll have to go around a wall first) and you'll notice a path in the shallow water, at the end of it is a small room with a body--that's the soul. Be careful, though, there's an ambush! When you go on the path, ghosts will come up from the water. I usually aggro them, go back to safe land, kill them there, then go get the soul. So I don't actually know if you can suicide run across the whole thing--I think the ghosts might pop up too soon, and if you try to run you'll fall into the water. Anyways, that's the soul! You can try and get it when you have no souls to lose.

For Twinklings, there's an enemy that drops them, but it's further in the game. They're giant clam shells--you'll know when you see them! You can find them in Ash Lake or in the Crystal Caves... your game is not patched, you said? The drop rate is quite good post-patch, but pre-patch you may have some trouble farming them. It might be best for you to hunt down all the crystal lizards you can:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Enemies#Special/Non-respawning--Crystal_Lizard

Last edited by BLA1NE on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:08 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : having trouble with the link)
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:27 pm

can i summon a npc to help me kill capra demon?

Dunno y he is so hard now. Other char i wiped floor with him. now i can only get him down to 30 % health. them damn dog is what gets me. lol!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Use the stairs to force the dogs to attack you first, then kill them. Without the dogs the Capra is incredibly easy.

There are no NPC's for the Capra.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:35 pm