Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FruitPunchNinja
Nocturnal
Dmylive
eninala
reim0027
befowler
ofrost564
ultraflame22
WarriorOfBenOwnage
cloudyeki
peaceful_sabre
PPG-3-
PastaOfDoom
BrotherNiru
Darkstar485
cjmully
Dalampslayer
Boltz
Yarxov
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
Bamjam
spite1000
Rynoa
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
Shungi
Serious_Much
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
Emergence
Ignus-Dej
Scudman_Slayer
DxV04
ViralEnsign_
skarekrow13
Tolvo
DarkW17
DJ_XHERO
Brokewilly
44 posters

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 14 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Broke, I have nothing against you wearing it, but I do think you lose some style points. silly

Ah cliff deaths, those are probably the my favourite kind, right below Reverse Chain BS Counter Pivot Parry Riposte deaths. I can never get enough of killing farmers that way.

Reim that isn't too hard to pull off provided you spawn away from the farmers, buff up and pivot BS one of them. It will kill them, that's a fact haha. I bet you could get a good amount of farmers that way, or my name isn't Santa of Astora.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 14 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by Brokewilly Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:47 pm

reim0027 wrote:Holy crap. This topic is getting more posts than I can keep up with. I'm debating on adding 2 att points and using PW as well. Can you imagine this parry: DMB +3, Rapier +15, Faith 50, Hornet's Ring, and PW? I'm not sure anyone can live through that. Even if I could pull that one of once, the event would have been worth it.

Now that would be something to see - what is you damage range with that set-up with out using PW? Yeah - you would definitely OHK most campers with that weapon config/buff. You must be trying to kill a Titan or something.
    Dmylive
    Dmylive

Post by Dmylive Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:48 pm

fair enough. I use elite knight armor, shadow leggings, mask 'o child (cause i'm just that mainstream), Havel's gloves, and an occult spear to scale with my faith.
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Dmylive wrote:fair enough. I use elite knight armor, shadow leggings, mask 'o child (cause i'm just that mainstream), Havel's gloves, and an occult spear to scale with my faith.
    Not a bad set up, over all. I will take a full armor set's bonuses and occupy a shield slot for grass crest just so I don't have to wear a mask, but your set up has a nice rounding to it. At least it's not giant's with mask of the child. Nice spear too.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Yeah I will say I never see people using Occult weapons, I almost have the faith to but it just isn't there. Sadly I use mostly Chaos weapons on my Hunter, and those are very overly used, not as much as lightning but they are on the way.
    Dmylive
    Dmylive

Post by Dmylive Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:01 pm

yeah i usually use the crest shield fir it's magic defense, but i'll use the grass crest too on occasion. two questions though:
    does the Grass crest stack with the Mask o child?
    you guys play PSN or XBL?
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:03 pm

Dmylive wrote:yeah i usually use the crest shield fir it's magic defense, but i'll use the grass crest too on occasion. two questions though:
    does the Grass crest stack with the Mask o child?
    you guys play PSN or XBL?
    1. It does stack.
    2. PSN
    Dmylive
    Dmylive

Post by Dmylive Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Darn, i only play Xbox live
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Jolly ole saint of Astora
    Lend your fist to us....

Playing right now and I'm finding it... sad that alot of them are using masks. Its why I stopped and became gargoyle man >_>
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Yes, and PSN.

Well you can play with Brokewilly, I envy you in that regard. sad
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:06 pm

Tolvo wrote:Broke, I have nothing against you wearing it, but I do think you lose some style points. silly

Ah cliff deaths, those are probably the my favourite kind, right below Reverse Chain BS Counter Pivot Parry Riposte deaths. I can never get enough of killing farmers that way.

Reim that isn't too hard to pull off provided you spawn away from the farmers, buff up and pivot BS one of them. It will kill them, that's a fact haha. I bet you could get a good amount of farmers that way, or my name isn't Santa of Astora.

Actually I look ridiculous - I won't lie. I definitely would not win any fashion shows. My armor is comprised of pieces from 3 different sets - it's ugly but it has keep me alive in some hairy situations. In fact if the farmers could truly see what I look like (as if I was in my world - well you could look in the book of guilty see what look like) they would probably drop their weapons in laughter then I would kill em cheers
    Dmylive
    Dmylive

Post by Dmylive Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:08 pm

@broke, is that your XBL name? mind if i shoot you a friend request?
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:Broke, I have nothing against you wearing it, but I do think you lose some style points. silly

Actually I look ridiculous - I won't lie. I definitely would not win any fashion shows. My armor is comprised of pieces from 3 different sets - it's ugly but it has keep me alive in some hairy situations. In fact if the farmers could truly see what I look like (as if I was in my world - well you could look in the book of guilty see what look like) they would probably drop their weapons in laughter then I would kill em cheers
    I prefer full sets just to get their bonus. I also dislike looking ugly. I went out of my way to use the silver knight set even though I could put on another helm to get better stats just so I could have the full set on.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:10 pm

Dmylive wrote:@broke, is that your XBL name? mind if i shoot you a friend request?

Yeah bro - that's my tag on XBOX also. Go ahead and shoot me firend request - can't ever have enough friends in DkS.

reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Holy crap. This topic is getting more posts than I can keep up with. I'm debating on adding 2 att points and using PW as well. Can you imagine this parry: DMB +3, Rapier +15, Faith 50, Hornet's Ring, and PW? I'm not sure anyone can live through that. Even if I could pull that one of once, the event would have been worth it.

Now that would be something to see - what is you damage range with that set-up with out using PW? Yeah - you would definitely OHK most campers with that weapon config/buff. You must be trying to kill a Titan or something.
    I haven't damage tested it yet. IIRC, with a lit rapier and hornet, I did over 2K damage to the hollows protecting rhea in ToG. Now, add 40% to that = 2800. That is more HP than possible, even with 90 vit, MoM, and RoFAP (2622 is the max).
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:16 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    Brokewilly wrote:

I haven't damage tested it yet. IIRC, with a lit rapier and hornet, I did over 2K damage to the hollows protecting rhea in ToG. Now, add 40% to that = 2800. That is more HP than possible, even with 90 vit, MoM, and RoFAP (2622 is the max).

Yep - their dead. You are going to really enjoy yourself in the forest. As soon as you kill a camper's minion with riposte using that config - the camper is going to run to the stairs for help - then I would say "shoot'em in the back" (or BS them). You are going to be a destroyer of worlds with that kind of damage output - I don't think the campers are ready for all of that.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:18 pm

By the way Broke have you ever tested Power Within with the Murakumo? I've managed to kill entire groups in two-three swings with it before, not going for a BS.
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Tolvo wrote:By the way Broke have you ever tested Power Within with the Murakumo? I've managed to kill entire groups in two-three swings with it before, not going for a BS.
    Power with in on the Muakumo is a kick the the face of any heavy wait toons. You can break them with ease.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:22 pm

My favourite thing with that is funnelling them on the bridge, popping it around the corner as they suspect a fire storm, then charging out with it and dead angling them. Works almost always.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Tolvo wrote:By the way Broke have you ever tested Power Within with the Murakumo? I've managed to kill entire groups in two-three swings with it before, not going for a BS.

No I have not - but I will twisted .I played around with PW per some tips strangejoy passed to me a while back. I have never truly incorporate it into my fighting style - it is a buff I will try to master though because the damage increase is to great to ignore. Yeah with the Mura if your opponents bunch up you can go town on them both (2 or 3) - I caught a camper and his minion coming around corner across the bridge once. I was able to kill the phantom outright - the host only survived because he jumped off the side of the stairs.

ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:38 pm

Tolvo wrote:My favourite thing with that is funnelling them on the bridge, popping it around the corner as they suspect a fire storm, then charging out with it and dead angling them. Works almost always.
    I like when people are on a bridge, just because of white dragon breath. It's such an under used magic. I can see why though. You need a good amount of intelligence, so in order to stay in the 120 range, people shirk it for vitality.

As for corners: I love a good wrath of the gods. Very few expect it. Those that expect a storm, get hit anyway.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:39 am

So it begins be people twisted . I will have comms (voice bridge & web chat) up @ 12:01am EST / 5:01am GMT on Sat, 3/24. I will try to be on both for most of the invasion but if not the comms will be up and available to participants regardless.

I hope everyone are completing their final preparations are ready to take back the forest - this is going to be good!!!!

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 am

jaja well not quite yet Broke. Still got 18 hours before it really begins. Yea I wish it was saturday myself.

By the way, testing my Black Phantom Forest Hunter Theif NPC last night. I guess the blue invader wanted to be king of the hill and after he killed the white phantom he went after me. I am sure he regrets that now.

Then the host tried TWoP and when he got closed I made him bleed and his response was to flee haha. I ran and healed and then put on power within when as soon as I saw him. That made him run for his life.

It ended with a plunging attack in the stair case after alvina. Just as another FH was spawning.
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:31 am

All I need to do to finish up my preparations is go kill the hydra to save Dusk. Other than that, everything is in order. Also, all the brigades have checked in. Things look well off.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:34 am

I need a chaos pike and a chaos bandit knife and a thourolund talisman.grrrrrr

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:08 pm