Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FruitPunchNinja
Nocturnal
Dmylive
eninala
reim0027
befowler
ofrost564
ultraflame22
WarriorOfBenOwnage
cloudyeki
peaceful_sabre
PPG-3-
PastaOfDoom
BrotherNiru
Darkstar485
cjmully
Dalampslayer
Boltz
Yarxov
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
Bamjam
spite1000
Rynoa
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
Shungi
Serious_Much
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
Emergence
Ignus-Dej
Scudman_Slayer
DxV04
ViralEnsign_
skarekrow13
Tolvo
DarkW17
DJ_XHERO
Brokewilly
44 posters

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 31
    Location : International waters

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:17 pm

    @DxVO4 its spelled iaito. prounounced E-ah-E-toe both E's are hard so E not eh.

    (i speak some japanese, not alot but i'm working on it, i know how everything is structured and just need to memorise words)
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived


    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 60
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 109
    Location : Las Noches, Hueco Mundo

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by DxV04 Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:23 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:@DxVO4 its spelled iaito. prounounced E-ah-E-toe both E's are hard so E not eh.

    (i speak some japanese, not alot but i'm working on it, i know how everything is structured and just need to memorise words)

    off topic/

    A E I O U. My native language is Spanish so I understand what you mean. IaIto. Pronouced just as it is written. Thanks! Now I need to learn a third language... Let me see I am leaning towards Chinese because I already speak the international language English, Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world and if I learn Chinese I am bound to find someone to talk to. silly
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1288
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2012-01-21
    Location : The Hell Verse

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by Brokewilly Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:03 pm

    DxV04 wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:@DxVO4 its spelled iaito. prounounced E-ah-E-toe both E's are hard so E not eh.

    (i speak some japanese, not alot but i'm working on it, i know how everything is structured and just need to memorise words)

    off topic/

    A E I O U. My native language is Spanish so I understand what you mean. IaIto. Pronouced just as it is written. Thanks! Now I need to learn a third language... Let me see I am leaning towards Chinese because I already speak the international language English, Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world and if I learn Chinese I am bound to find someone to talk to. silly

    Off topic.

    I am also trying to learn a 2nd language (maybe 3rd since I speak some Dutch) - Portuguese because I love the beautiful country of Brazil. Its my vacation spot of choice and I kinda consider it as my 2nd home. A lot of Brazilians know some English so the language barrier isn't insurmountable but being somewhat fluent in Portuguese will help out a lot win I travel there.

    I believe everyone should speak at least 2 languages due to the effects of globalization - the world is becoming one large economy.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier


    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 30
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:04 pm

    Sprichts du auf Deutsch bitte?

    I know a teeny tiny bit of german from when I took it in highschool, might take another class in college.
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 204
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-03-20
    Location : Depth 999

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by ultraflame22 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:13 am

    To continue this off topic escapade, I speak both English and Japanese. I can also speak Chinese to some degree. As for Spanish, I can say the all important 'My name is ___' and very little else. Can count to 100 though.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 147
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by kiwi_commander Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:00 am

    Thanks for the event. Had lots of fun defending the forest as a Forest Hunter with my LVL 40 thief. I was able to take down several farmers with help from my fellow covenant members and the forest mobs. We should definitely do this again!
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 204
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-03-20
    Location : Depth 999

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by ultraflame22 Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:10 am

    kiwi_commander wrote:Thanks for the event. Had lots of fun defending the forest as a Forest Hunter with my LVL 40 thief. I was able to take down several farmers with help from my fellow covenant members and the forest mobs. We should definitely do this again!
    Just wondering: Is there a reason why your thief was level 40, or was it just a character you had on hand?
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 147
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by kiwi_commander Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:17 am

    ultraflame22 wrote:
    kiwi_commander wrote:Thanks for the event. Had lots of fun defending the forest as a Forest Hunter with my LVL 40 thief. I was able to take down several farmers with help from my fellow covenant members and the forest mobs. We should definitely do this again!
    Just wondering: Is there a reason why your thief was level 40, or was it just a character you had on hand?

    Yup, just the character I had on hand. It was my only character that part of the forest covenant because I was going to get the "look skyward" gesture from Shiva. Turned out to be a much stronger build than expected, not to mention the low SL opens up numerous invasion possibilities as with the cracked eye.

    Also, after having three invasion builds (120, 58, and 40) I am starting to believe that invading at lower levels is much more effective but then if you decide to go LVL1 Twink with BB that is a huge problem. So for now, 40-60 is prime invasion SL... or at least it seems for me.
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 204
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-03-20
    Location : Depth 999

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by ultraflame22 Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:35 pm

    A picture to sum up the event. ;D
    http://ultraflame22.deviantart.com/#/d4u54xn
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign


    Posts : 4226
    Reputation : 579
    Join date : 2012-01-16
    Age : 109
    Location : Jupiter

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by Emergence Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:17 pm

    Job well done! Great work by the organizers and to all the participants. Love seeing events like this turn out so successful!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator


    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by skarekrow13 Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:30 pm

    Hey ultra.....that guy in the red.....top right. I think I see my scythe mark on him.
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 204
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-03-20
    Location : Depth 999

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by ultraflame22 Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:34 pm

    skarekrow13 wrote:Hey ultra.....that guy in the red.....top right. I think I see my scythe mark on him.
    Now that you mention it.... ;D
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived


    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 60
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 109
    Location : Las Noches, Hueco Mundo

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by DxV04 Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:37 pm

    Thats are really good picture ultra! Like the ones before!
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 204
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-03-20
    Location : Depth 999

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by ultraflame22 Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:39 pm

    DxV04 wrote:Thats are really good picture ultra! Like the ones before!
    My thanks.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 588
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-03-13
    Age : 39
    Location : Italy

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by Rynoa Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:11 am

    ultraflame22 wrote:A picture to sum up the event. ;D
    http://ultraflame22.deviantart.com/#/d4u54xn

    lol!
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 204
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-03-20
    Location : Depth 999

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by ultraflame22 Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:46 am

    Rynoa wrote:
    ultraflame22 wrote:A picture to sum up the event. ;D
    http://ultraflame22.deviantart.com/#/d4u54xn

    lol!
    ;D
    befowler
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator


    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by befowler Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:10 pm

    ultraflame22 wrote:A picture to sum up the event. ;D
    [url=http://ultraflame22.deviantart.com/#/d4u54xn
    http://ultraflame22.deviantart.com/#/d4u54xn[/quote[/url]]

    lol, sweet corpse pile. I assume this is how Alvina keeps the hydra fed.
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 204
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-03-20
    Location : Depth 999

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by ultraflame22 Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:34 pm

    befowler wrote:lol, sweet corpse pile. I assume this is how Alvina keeps the hydra fed.
    That, and all the people that ran out to fight the Hydra with a sword, only to fall to their death(We all know we at least tried this once).
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 133
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Location : England

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by peaceful_sabre Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:46 pm

    Every time fought a hyrda i used a sword. Is there any other way?...unless you meant it literally when you said 'fall to their death' happy


    Last edited by peaceful_sabre on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator


    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by skarekrow13 Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:50 pm

    I used a bow on both once actually. With the sword though you have to be pretty far away to attack the heads rather than the larger mass. The first time I fought with a sword (rather than run by and to the Rolly cats) I was doing well flanking and then suddenly got too close and "YOU DIED"

    Sadly I had to do it again before I learned that there is a steep drop off.
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 204
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-03-20
    Location : Depth 999

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by ultraflame22 Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:30 pm

    peaceful_sabre wrote:Every time fought a hyrda i used a sword. Is there any other way?...unless you meant it literally when you said 'fall to their death' happy
    What I meant was falling off the drop off in the water while trying to fight it with a sword or the like. Everyone falls down the drop off at least once.

    skarekrow13 wrote:I used a bow on both once actually.
    I used a lightning Black Pharis bow to kill the black hydra, but I used a lightning spear to fully decapitate the first one.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator


    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by skarekrow13 Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:45 pm

    Black bow +15 with feather arrows and hawk ring you can get the first one from the bridge. Did it to see if you could

    Sponsored content


    Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 29 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:03 am