Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FruitPunchNinja
Nocturnal
Dmylive
eninala
reim0027
befowler
ofrost564
ultraflame22
WarriorOfBenOwnage
cloudyeki
peaceful_sabre
PPG-3-
PastaOfDoom
BrotherNiru
Darkstar485
cjmully
Dalampslayer
Boltz
Yarxov
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
Bamjam
spite1000
Rynoa
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
Shungi
Serious_Much
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
Emergence
Ignus-Dej
Scudman_Slayer
DxV04
ViralEnsign_
skarekrow13
Tolvo
DarkW17
DJ_XHERO
Brokewilly
44 posters

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 28 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by DarkW17 Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:26 am

The honour kill of the event...a phantom comes over 2 me and bows so I bow and we fight and like many others he fell victim to my CMW buffed Mura it was a good duel tho so I bow...of course the host has just killed the other hunter so he runs up and BS's me while I bow....So I rage and break the chain BS attempt and evade him and land a BS while my Mura is still buffed for 1300 dmg and gave him a quick swipe to finish him and yet another farming operation was shut down!!!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 28 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:45 am

Amazing work everyone, all of you are winners in my book! Somehow I just turned into a dad for a second. But yeah, you guys did great, I'm very proud of all of you! Thank you for joining in the event, it was a real blast! I hope the farmers are hiding and shaking, terrified of the battles that were waged today. I'm going to retire from Dark Souls for a bit, really burned myself out in the forest but I'll be back again soon haha.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:19 am

Very fun event lol I didn't stay much but managed lot of kills - much more than usual (yeah I usually suck at PvP)
    Mostly because I met a LOT of friendly DWs (90% of the invasions I was co-oping with DWs, met very few fellow hunters), but I also managed a fair amount of kills in 1v2, I noticed hosts and phantoms were making lots of mistakes and dumb/rush moves, guess that's a hint that the event was successful happy

Best moment: VERY laggy 2v2, the other FH tries to shoot them but he's too slow, so I run in the middle of host and phantom and TWoP them (got a backstab in return - nearly kills me) and he finally manages to kill them both. Co-op epic win Praise the Sun
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:25 am

Recouperated.

Yeah a few hours in they started getting soft and stupid. I didn't have many real challenges past midnight (PST) or so. My guess would be we did well. I'll see if sniffing around will lead me to anything they posted somewhere.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:31 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Recouperated.

Yeah a few hours in they started getting soft and stupid. I didn't have many real challenges past midnight (PST) or so. My guess would be we did well. I'll see if sniffing around will lead me to anything they posted somewhere.

Not gonna lie they probably just thought it was an unlucky day for them :|
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Here is my after action report.

I was able to participate for slightly over 5 hours, with about 3 hours at kickoff and 2 right at the end. My final kill count was 45 hosts and approximately 85-90 phantoms. This was on my PSN sl 129 INT BSS / CSS mage build, at about a 45% success rate. Some observations from this very fun event:

1) While I did notice some slowdown when the event first kicked off, I think some of the summoning lag was an illusion created by the delay that happens whenever you put on the cat ring. That always slows things down. If I left the ring on rather than switching it out for fights, I was consistently summoned within 3-5 minutes all day long. The farmers definitely suffered, but they were there around sl120 all day.
    2) I only saw one GL all day; he was waving and I dropped EoD. He also had a DW and a FH as bodyguards, which was awesome. I also got some "disasters gone" msgs throughout the day.
    3) Idle FHs really burn my britches. Although I had a few 1v3 wins, my character would win nearly 100% of the time if I had an ally to keep people off me so I could cast, but struggled when I was alone. There were a lot of idle FH people that made getting allies tough. You, sirs, are the weakest link.
    4) As far as I can tell I did not run into anyone from CALVADEAN all day.

On a personal note, even though I am clearly a mediocre FH, I am very proud that I was only backstabbed 3 times the entire day, as learning how to avoid backstabs has been my primary training focus for some time. And two of those times I actually started the backstab first before I somehow swapped places with my opponent (and thus didn't take damage anyway). Yay me.

Finally, although many deserve praise for their contributions to this great event, I think Brokewilly deserves a lot of thanks for his enthusiasm and willingness to shoulder the load for organizing a lot of the chats and such. I would also like to thank Tolvo for his great contributions and hundreds of glorious kills, as well as his dedication in playing the entire event! He is a great credit to the covenant and I recommend that in honor of the event he be given a unique forum rank to commemorate the slaughter. Forest Guardian? Lord of the Hunt? Help me out here people.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:17 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Recouperated.

Not gonna lie they probably just thought it was an unlucky day for them :|

buzzkill silly
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:45 pm

Good showing all around in my opinion. I just invaded just now (probably some Europeans of because the hosts tag) and I was immediately met with 3v1. I only encountered one 3v1 during the event. I think we spread our opponents thin yesterday so not many 3v1s (or hosts actually being able to camp out for such a long time in order to set-up something up like that) were on the menu.

Roughly I think I had like 45-50 kills (host and phantoms combined) during the event. Since I don't consider myself as "Bruce Lee" of the DkS - that is pretty good. I think my kill count is a little bit low but I made it a point to during the event to always go for the host first (with good results) so I can leave their minions behind with the terrible feeling of being a poor bodyguard. I wanted all of the host's phantoms to ponder the meaning of their existence.

Thanks everyone for participating and hopefully a point was proven to all of the farmers, gankers, campers and bangers that their job is not easy as they may think.

Tolvo, DxV04 and DarkW17 - y'all are beasts on the battlefield twisted !!!

Heading back to the rear for some well deserved R&R.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:47 pm

befowler wrote:Here is my after action report.

I was able to participate for slightly over 5 hours, with about 3 hours at kickoff and 2 right at the end. My final kill count was 45 hosts and approximately 85-90 phantoms. This was on my PSN sl 129 INT BSS / CSS mage build, at about a 45% success rate. Some observations from this very fun event:

1) While I did notice some slowdown when the event first kicked off, I think some of the summoning lag was an illusion created by the delay that happens whenever you put on the cat ring. That always slows things down. If I left the ring on rather than switching it out for fights, I was consistently summoned within 3-5 minutes all day long. The farmers definitely suffered, but they were there around sl120 all day.
    2) I only saw one GL all day; he was waving and I dropped EoD. He also had a DW and a FH as bodyguards, which was awesome. I also got some "disasters gone" msgs throughout the day.
    3) Idle FHs really burn my britches. Although I had a few 1v3 wins, my character would win nearly 100% of the time if I had an ally to keep people off me so I could cast, but struggled when I was alone. There were a lot of idle FH people that made getting allies tough. You, sirs, are the weakest link.
    4) As far as I can tell I did not run into anyone from CALVADEAN all day.

On a personal note, even though I am clearly a mediocre FH, I am very proud that I was only backstabbed 3 times the entire day, as learning how to avoid backstabs has been my primary training focus for some time. And two of those times I actually started the backstab first before I somehow swapped places with my opponent (and thus didn't take damage anyway). Yay me.

Finally, although many deserve praise for their contributions to this great event, I think Brokewilly deserves a lot of thanks for his enthusiasm and willingness to shoulder the load for organizing a lot of the chats and such. I would also like to thank Tolvo for his great contributions and hundreds of glorious kills, as well as his dedication in playing the entire event! He is a great credit to the covenant and I recommend that in honor of the event he be given a unique forum rank to commemorate the slaughter. Forest Guardian? Lord of the Hunt? Help me out here people.

I'm thinking "Lord of the Hunt" Yeah, baby, Yeah!!!

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:53 pm

DarkW17 wrote:I also would like to thank Broke for the event it was a lot of fun!! I was banged alot but also had a lot of support with all reds being friendly. I died alot but I did manage to shut down alot of gangbangs and murder my fair share of hosts!!

Kill of the event for me was coming into a world that my best friend was getting banged by 2 farmers and I ran in and CSS'd both of the host and phantom for a OHKO and in the process became a +3 level hunter!!!

Now that is what I'm talking about - obtaining FH+3 as a result of double CSS OHKs. Now that is priceless!!! Can't buy it for a million bucks!!

Good job!!!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Didn't find anything a farmer posted but i've seen several remarks by fh about how much more aggressive the farmers got yesterday/ the night before. The effects were definitely felt, and not just by us.
    DanielCdable
    DanielCdable
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DanielCdable Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Honor kill for me was blind parrying 2 farmers trying to gank me.
    Blindmans luck i guess, but it was soooo sweeeet...

Kept going until it got alittle slow, so i decided to troll farmers from the inside. Getting summoned and getting in their way HA! Decorating the forest with prism stones and watching the farmer expecting help from me, when he gets chain-bs'd to hell. HA!

DarkW17 wrote:I also would like to thank Broke for the event it was a lot of fun!! I was banged alot but also had a lot of support with all reds being friendly. I died alot but I did manage to shut down alot of gangbangs and murder my fair share of hosts!!

Kill of the event for me was coming into a world that my best friend was getting banged by 2 farmers and I ran in and CSS'd both of the host and phantom for a OHKO and in the process became a +3 level hunter!!!

Hmmm, was there by any chance of the phantom you OHKO, being naked? Because i was watching from the side lines, until i got a CSS through my back. I could only grin when the farmer died... twisted
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Didn't find anything a farmer posted but i've seen several remarks by fh about how much more aggressive the farmers got yesterday/ the night before. The effects were definitely felt, and not just by us.

Forum Pirate - great mention. I believe this was our intent during the event - to simply make an impact on farming in the forest for 24 hours. To make the gankers, farmers, campers work to get their jollies.

Good job everyone - we showed them we have the 'minerals' to protect Alvina's forest.

Last edited by Brokewilly on Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:26 pm

Thx Broke for hosting this event. Though I died a bunch, I feel I have definitely improved in my fighting style.
    Also for those of you who remember me from near the end of the event, Hi I'm solitude39 ^_^
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:15 pm

I haven't done anything to earn a title haha, I'm just a guy who kills farmers. Turns out I earned over 80 Large titanite shards in the event, time to upgrade random crap and use it in FC haha. Man I'm loving these stories guys, keep them coming!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:21 pm

peaceful_sabre wrote:Thx Broke for hosting this event. Though I died a bunch, I feel I have definitely improved in my fighting style.
    Also for those of you who remember me from near the end of the event, Hi I'm solitude39 ^_^

Peaceful_sabre - My pleasure bro - thank you for participating. The intense forest invading definitely honed by PvP skills. In fact I got my first actual parry in combat (lost the fight though - live and learn right sad )- I basically said what the heck lets try this. Now the fear of trying has evaporated - so I am attempting ripostes more often now. The forest was indeed a proven ground for many.

I also perfected the Trident buff on NPCs - especially on those trents near the cliff. Those bushes are absolutely monsters when you place a 85% (maybe more??) AR buff on them - I killed two hosts last night using this tactic. The Trident is a great addition to any hunter's arsenal - I definitely recommend one be acquired.

We probably all got something from this event which should help us out in the long-term as players of this fantastic game.

Everyone who participated can now wear the 'Forest of the Damned' campaign ribbon to include all of the honor and respect that goes with it cheers . Everyone give yourself a big pat on the back for a job well done!!

Last edited by Brokewilly on Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Invaded a group that cast twop as i spawned and rushed up the stairs. I cast dmb before they got to me, wog as they closed and killed all 3 stunned players with 1 iaito 2h r2.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:30 pm

peaceful_sabre wrote:Thx Broke for hosting this event. Though I died a bunch, I feel I have definitely improved in my fighting style.

Hey Solitude39 aka peaceful sabre. Hope those BP phantoms are gone from you world now! cheers add me when you have a chance darknessxvega Proper Bow
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:40 pm

DxV04 wrote:

Hey Solitude39 aka peaceful sabre. Hope those BP phantoms are gone from you world now! cheers add me when you have a chance darknessxvega Proper Bow

Yay someone remembers me ^_^. i only go onto xbl weekends during school weeks so ill add u via internet and hopefully c u(via xbox) this coming weekend. happy
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Invaded a group that cast twop as i spawned and rushed up the stairs. I cast dmb before they got to me, wog as they closed and killed all 3 stunned players with 1 iaito 2h r2.

hosts and phantoms = :shock: sad :x

Forum Pirate = Joy Hurrah Point Down Well What is it

Dude that is an awesome story!

I have a couple of cool stories.

First it was gravelording inside the alvina section near the steps. I was quickly invaded by 1 SoVs and 2 Forest Hunters. The SoV spawned at the top of the stairs and the other 2 in alvinas house.

They all cast crystal homing mass. I thought that look cool haha. Needless to say they all moved in at once. I had a pike on the off hand, a large club and gravelord sword on the right hand. All I know is that the survival instinct turn on. I would engage and disengage until their CHS depleted and then I used their agression against them to land a BS, one died of toxic from dung pies and gravelord sword.

However as soon as one died another invader came in. I must have fought and fought and fought for 20 minutes. I must have taken out at least 6 opponents in that time.

The second memorable moment came when I was invading as a friendly fauxwraith. Role playing as the Black Phantom Forest Hunter Theif (BPFHTheif as I call him in my save slot hehe)

My buddy finally gave me the chaos bandit knife I longed for and went ona streak. The best one was when I spawned by the steps and one guy came up and I just jump down the left side. One had and iato (somehow I think I misspelled that) and the other I don't even know. I locked on to them and kept backing up all the up near where pharis is at. I turned to run and the phantom BS. I had no where to go as the host stands over me to give the final blows I get up and parry and riposte killing him in one shot! He sent me a good PM saying that was an awsome parry LOL

Over all a lot of fun. I however wished to have seen more gravelord signs.. But I always want that hehe
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:53 pm

peaceful_sabre wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:

Yay someone remembers me ^_^. i only go onto xbl weekends during school weeks so ill add u via internet and hopefully c u(via xbox) this coming weekend. happy

I won't be playing for the next 2 to 3 weeks since I am away from home again. I almost brought the box with me but I decided to leave it so I can work on other stuff. I want to put up the page in the wiki for the POLG covenant.

But we will surely play when I get back.
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:54 pm

befowler wrote:As far as I can tell I did not run into anyone from CALVADEAN all day.
    Oddly enough, the same was true for me, other then meeting Alberet and St Ornstein. But saying such is not saying much seeing as I only had about 7 fights all night that I had a friendlys in. I never seem to have allies when invading. -_-
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:06 pm

A story of mine(which actually went on whilst the event was going on, not sure if was caused by it however):

The day before i had made a new account cuz a mate confinsed me, saying he'll help me through. during the day of the event, i wanted to kill the 4 kings with him but needed the ring so i went to the forest. he said he will find extra help and wait with summon sigus at the wolf boss door. i enter alvina garden and start fighting my way through the npcs(almost died). during this time i get invaded by a red guy. he seems to let me continue to finish the npc but attacks mid course. i finish th npc then turn to him. hes beating me and when i close to small hp i get invaded by a blue guy. we both stop, then i start fighting blue guy. mid way red joins the fight. i move away to heal. blue runs away and i and red fight. blue comes back. we have a kind of three way dual. blue is killed of first, eventually i then kill of red. i have no heals, little hp AND I GET INVADED by another blue guy. i die. i get invaded 8 times just getting to boss, dieing 2-4 times. still that first fight i fought was something 'different'. happy

PS DxV04, what does POLG stand for?
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:13 pm

P.rotectors O.f L.ord G.ywn

I saw you in that thread. hehe Its a player ran covenant made by Nsane.
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:14 pm

lol yeh just remembered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:06 am