Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FruitPunchNinja
Nocturnal
Dmylive
eninala
reim0027
befowler
ofrost564
ultraflame22
WarriorOfBenOwnage
cloudyeki
peaceful_sabre
PPG-3-
PastaOfDoom
BrotherNiru
Darkstar485
cjmully
Dalampslayer
Boltz
Yarxov
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
Bamjam
spite1000
Rynoa
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
Shungi
Serious_Much
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
Emergence
Ignus-Dej
Scudman_Slayer
DxV04
ViralEnsign_
skarekrow13
Tolvo
DarkW17
DJ_XHERO
Brokewilly
44 posters

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Shungi
    Shungi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 15 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by Shungi Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:43 am

Finishing the last of my preperations tonight so everythings is ready for when I wake up tomorrow.

Not sure why but when I think of tomorrow Happy Tree Friends comes to mind, probly because of the name and all the violence silly

Tomorrow is going to be so much fun!

DxV04: Got à Talisman saved just for you, remember?
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 15 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by DxV04 Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:46 am

By the way Shungi, who is that person on your avatar and I hope you can get me that talisman. big grin
    Shungi
    Shungi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Shungi Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:53 am

Currently at work but when I get home I'll give you the talisman.

That my friend is Minsc and his miniature giant space hamster, Boo. They are from the old Baldurs Gate series.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:17 am

DxV04 wrote:jaja well not quite yet Broke. Still got 18 hours before it really begins. Yea I wish it was saturday myself.

By the way, testing my Black Phantom Forest Hunter Theif NPC last night. I guess the blue invader wanted to be king of the hill and after he killed the white phantom he went after me. I am sure he regrets that now.

Then the host tried TWoP and when he got closed I made him bleed and his response was to flee haha. I ran and healed and then put on power within when as soon as I saw him. That made him run for his life.

It ended with a plunging attack in the stair case after alvina. Just as another FH was spawning.

Yeah - keep my butt in check Dx!! lol!

99 across the board plus supplies in the chest - Mission ready, Mission Impossible!! (an old USAF chant)

T minus 16 hours til jump off!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:21 am

Shungi wrote:Currently at work but when I get home I'll give you the talisman.

That my friend is Minsc and his miniature giant space hamster, Boo. They are from the old Baldurs Gate series.

Hey Boo!!! Shungi I hope you will bring Boo with you on this adventure. You may want to give him B Knife for the finishing blow on an almost dead camper - that would be funny lol .
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:23 am

9pm PST guys. Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!

I've only got 1 finished pvp build but i'm really good with it due to that fact. You'd be suprised at what an iaito can do to farmers in the right hands.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:31 am

Forum Pirate wrote:9pm PST guys. Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!

I've only got 1 finished pvp build but i'm really good with it due to that fact. You'd be suprised at what an iaito can do to farmers in the right hands.

Yeah - Iaito is one of my go to secondary weapons - I think it is little bit faster than the Uchi so you can get some decent bleed build-up very quickly. Just added an occult shotel to the mix (shout out to Tolvo on that one) - for some shield avoidance capability.

Shungi
    Shungi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Shungi Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:38 am

I'll bring him of course, Boo likes the forest. Sadly his rodent paws are too small to properly wield Bandit Knife. However Boo points, I punch. Its a very simple relationship, but it is effective.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:57 am

I secondary the fury sword or gs for when my buff runs out. they dead angles beautifully in 2hands. then roll bs their panic spam, or wog/bs the enemies near by as the other 1-2 back off to heal. i use the crown so 1 wog is like 800 damage and i get 6 casts.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:41 am

I just wanted to share that I finally have a name for my "build" thanks to cloudyeki. I use quotation marks as I have only one character with no plans to ever make another and did not optimize for a given stat/philosophy/weapon etc. Anyway......as I have finally settled on Black Iron Armor (complete set) with the Great Scythe......I am henceforth "Farmer Tarkus" (in that I fight with farming implements, not as in summoning phantoms to kill invaders). My only regret is the lack of a threshing flail for the off hand.

Personal tagline: "Tomorrow's harvest will settle just who the real farmer is!"
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:07 am

skarekrow13 wrote:I just wanted to share that I finally have a name for my "build" thanks to cloudyeki. I use quotation marks as I have only one character with no plans to ever make another and did not optimize for a given stat/philosophy/weapon etc. Anyway......as I have finally settled on Black Iron Armor (complete set) with the Great Scythe......I am henceforth "Farmer Tarkus" (in that I fight with farming implements, not as in summoning phantoms to kill invaders). My only regret is the lack of a threshing flail for the off hand.

Personal tagline: "Tomorrow's harvest will settle just who the real farmer is!"
    The irony of a farmer farming farmers. A cliché if ever I have heard one, and better because of it. I've been calling my set the 'Spirit of Repentance' seeing as I wear the black set and use Velka's rapier. I look just like (Insert proper NPC's name here, if you would be so kind), up in the church bell tower.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:27 am

In addition to the murderbuilds, I will be dusting off my FC streaker build at points tomorrow as well, particularly once the farmers are on the ropes. So if you invade a forest filled with poison clouds and random naked people running through it, well...welcome to the weekend.
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:35 am

befowler wrote:In addition to the murderbuilds, I will be dusting off my FC streaker build at points tomorrow as well, particularly once the farmers are on the ropes. So if you invade a forest filled with poison clouds and random naked people running through it, well...welcome to the weekend.
    That would surely take down their morale. As Morale officer of C.A.L.V.A.D.E.A.N., I would know. We had a time back in Demon Souls, were we had people invading our mass naked. They were using really cheap tactics too. At that point, I called for a mass cat ring switch. We showed those streakers why you should never mess with C.A.L.V.A.D.E.A.N., especially on the ramparts and high areas.
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:02 pm

so disappointed. thought the event was today. i was wrong T_T
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:14 pm

peaceful_sabre wrote:so disappointed. thought the event was today. i was wrong T_T

Well if you are in the US PST timezone it would start 9:01pm tonight.

peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:20 pm

its be 4-5m here. ill e sleeping
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:32 pm

Give it a shot tomorrow, and if it is as glorious as we hope I wouldn't be surprised if it rolls straight on into Sunday. I certainly plan to be active both days, and maybe catch some farmers tiptoeing back out on Sunday.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:18 pm

Sounds like I'll be there for the very start, and the very end.
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Just a heads up to everyone: Do not go through Demon Ruins or Crystal Cave as a human. Several brigades are "Test invading"(I don't know what this means, nor do I know if they are doing it on a closed server) so try to stay away from these two places(Can't see why you would go here other than to get to other places, but...). If they are invading normally, they will not stop to let you show that you are on their side. The same is true during the event tomorrow: If you enter an area that is being locked down by a brigade that is not the forest, expect a fight. Every brigade member knows the names of every other member, so if you are invaded, you will be considered an enemy based on the fact that you are not a friend. Just wanted to make you guys aware of such.

Make sure to check the list of locked down areas below before going to resupply during the event:

Dark Anor Londo
    Sen's fortress
    New Londo Ruins
    Demon Ruins
    Normal Anor Londo
    Blight Town
    Painted World
    Duke's archives
    Crystal Cave
    Nocturnal
    Nocturnal

Post by Nocturnal Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Ok, so can anyone do this Invasion thing? Im fairly new here, I dont have alot of posts on the forums, but ive been playing Dark Souls Since launch and im on NG+3. And i beleive im a Darkwraith.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Nope sorry, unless you have thirty rep and over five hundred posts you cannot join in haha. silly

Welcome Nocturnal, all are welcome to join in the fun and punish those pesky farmers. Good luck on the day, and as an invader if you ever are in need of tactics for dealing with farmers in my signature is the Link to the Forest Hunter tactics thread, For the Glory of Alvina. big grin
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:04 pm

I have a new sign for showing friendship! The message soapstone makes you do an animation, and we could use that. I just though of such while farming NPCs while waiting to be summoned to Dark Anor Londo.
    Nocturnal
    Nocturnal

Post by Nocturnal Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:05 pm

No problem, i guess i will just have to wait. Have fun you guys. I might check out the forest for myself hopefully i wont get jumped. lol.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:06 pm

An issue though is it does a prayer like animation correct? So a person could possibly confuse it for casting a spell like TwoP?

Nocturnal quit being silly and get prepared for the event and kill those farmers tomorrow. silly
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:15 pm

Is anyone else gonna try out how it feels being the victim of this event? I'm sure i won't be the only one.....right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:18 pm