Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
callipygias
CrackSouls
Yukon
lorenzo110
RailBladerX
Yarxov
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
Artorias
bloodpixel
Tolvo
befowler
DanielCdable
Midgar
Kerberos-013
19 posters

Cheap tactics in pvp and Kiln

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Cheap tactics in pvp and Kiln - Page 2 Empty Re: Cheap tactics in pvp and Kiln

Post by Yarxov Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:26 pm

@railbladderX whats "pots"? And backstabbing isnt bad at all, infact its almost necessary against 2500 health.
    RailBladerX
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RailBladerX Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:11 pm

Yarxov wrote:@railbladderX whats "pots"? And backstabbing isnt bad at all, infact its almost necessary against 2500 health.

the Estus Flasks
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Oh, never heard it said that way heh.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:20 pm

"Or maybe invades should be on a timer which would give those that use their skill to kill their opponent fast and quick the more reward in their victory."

Wouldn't that encourage more cheap tactics? Like throwing people from cliffs or poise backstabs? If you need to kill your enemy as quick as possible you are going to be as cheap as you possibly can, not worried about skill.

I think adding a lessen of souls for pushing off cliffs or having enemies kill the host would be nice, like the invader has to land the final hit if they want the most souls, but then again there is already no con to invading. In demons souls you used to lose a soul level if you lost, in dark souls there is no penalty just go get your souls, you dont even lose a humanity.
    That didn't seem to stop cheap tactics however. There will always be people that play to win rather than to have your perefence of "fun", nothing wrong with that.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:22 pm

I don't like this 'varied' soul income, The host may simply sacrifice himself then to screw the invader out of some souls.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:24 pm

As it is now the host can just disconnect too, but you don't see that often. Hosts typically don't WANT to die. so I can't see them throwing themselves off cliffs as a middle finger to the invader cause they still are the losing party
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:37 pm

But if the host knows he's going to die, say, out of estus, outmatched, and only 1/10th health left, I 'd screw the invader out of as many souls as I could.

People will always be rude and unchivalrous, look at war today, new things, Guns, guess what is the most stupidly unfair way someone can kill another person? They can't do **** to have a 'duel'.

It's fine as-is, it's not a duel at all, It's an invasion, Dragon stone invasions are duels, Red eye summons are duels, but the three primary ways (Alvina, DW,DM) are invasions that are meant to F you over in any way possible.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:56 am

As I said yukon people are going to play the way they want to play as long as the game mechanics allow it. Its fair play if its in play and allowed. Some may not like the so called cheap tactics and some might. Its all user preference. I honestly could care less, because they end up dying anyway when they keep using the same tricks over and over and become predictable in their tactics. And predictability is an easy death in this game because there are counters for everything including a persons tactics. I merely offered some opin on possible ways the game creators could have made things fair in some peoples eyes. Nothing more nothing less. Just my opin.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:26 am

People paid for their game and they play how they want it! big grin
    From will never remove bs as that would penalize the single player aspect of the game
    RailBladerX
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RailBladerX Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:34 pm

I think I've stated somewhere in here that they can easily make it work 2 different ways against NPCs and Players. Wouldn't be hard one programmer to another.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Kerberos-013 wrote:Attacking a bowing player. I will never bow to an invader until they're dead simply bcause I have been attacked too many times at the end of a bow.

Oh boy could I go on and on about that... It's getting trickier lately. I stand waaaaay back now to avoid a bs but now I sometimes get a CSS to the face...

Every videogame will have **** players. I try to just enjoy the good ones I meet (coincidentally pretty much ALL from Fight Club or randoms from Japan, sadly).

Last edited by CrackSouls on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed quote)
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Yukon wrote:As it is now the host can just disconnect too, but you don't see that often. Hosts typically don't WANT to die. so I can't see them throwing themselves off cliffs as a middle finger to the invader cause they still are the losing party

I'm pretty sure Invader gets his reward still...
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:13 pm

You missed the entire point of that lol!
    They were saying that reducing the souls depending on how the host was killed.
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Well, last weekend I decided to stop invading and Host instead. I killed Gwyndolin and headed to the Kiln and summoned a phantom. Decided to go with "no tactic is cheap" mentality and abuse BS. After more practice I have become very good at BS, even got some chain BS. It feels pretty dirty though, I was using a Lightning Zwei and hornet ring.

Had a bunch of pretty unfair 2v1 hosting, but it's part of the game mechanics right? happy
    Half of the time I let the phantom fight 1v1. One time I got 2 red Invaders in Kiln for a 2v2 which was awesome except for my Phantom went down fast and the 2 invaders got me.

One invader who was playing pretty straight up, sent me message to fight a phantom alone so I obliged. Phantom was using a spear and was beaten after a decent match. I let the invader heal, we bow and then fight. It was a close match, but I ended up with a BS to end it. Once you realize how easy BS is it becomes hard not to go there, clearly unbalanced. Anyway I finished my play through and retired the sl220 for now.

Decided to start a new character use the BB glitch and go Sunbros and help players in co-op. Pretty fun to go back to lower sl and beat up on BB glitch invaders. When I first started got invaded at sl24, before gargoyle in the burg by a guy throwing poison and shooting a Avelyn. Interesting tactic. I was sporting my regular Knights armor as usual, so he probably thought another victim. Managed to get him close then, oh surprise lighting zwei to the face.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:20 pm

hornet's ring, BS/CSS while bowing, WoG spamming, turtling, ganking....

In summary a lot, and it's really disappointing.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Is ganking 3v1 only or is 2v1 considered it too?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Both are ganking.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:40 pm

When invaders try to drag me into the engine enemies is that ganking too?
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:42 pm

if you have a phantom and they do that they want a 1v1 with you, but if you are alone the guy is a noob who cant win
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Noob is too harsh for that situation.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:50 pm

I love when I'm outnumbered, I hate when they heal though despite odds being highly in their favor. Anyways whoever said they payed for it means they can play however they want is right. If I don't like the people I'm fighting or it's just plain boring I generally just BC or sign out/quit game to not give them the satisfaction of winning or any souls if they are farming. There's nothing you can do really, if you don't like how they play then just leave.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:41 pm

Something that has been happening a lot to me today in the kiln. For example:

Me and an opponent bow, and have an awesome epic honorable duel. We are both at <100 hp and its pretty tense. All the sudden out of nowhere (had not seen it throughout the entire fight) he whips out a talisman and wrath of gods me for the win. Gota say thats a pretty dirty low blow. I was not expecting it and wrath of god is cheap enough as is.

This is just my opinion bring on the "shoulda payed more attentions..." and what not.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:35 am

It is pretty cheap honestly, smart, but after a duel with no dirty OP tactics that shouldn't have been expected on your part.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:11 am

johnnyjwa wrote:Something that has been happening a lot to me today in the kiln. For example:

Me and an opponent bow, and have an awesome epic honorable duel. We are both at <100 hp and its pretty tense. All the sudden out of nowhere (had not seen it throughout the entire fight) he whips out a talisman and wrath of gods me for the win. Gota say thats a pretty dirty low blow. I was not expecting it and wrath of god is cheap enough as is.

This is just my opinion bring on the "shoulda payed more attentions..." and what not.

sorry johnny but i disagree that was 'cheap', it wasn't in a spam, just a single cast and in my opinion magic is fair game, pretty much every magic except when you spam it (or do something like TWOP to BS combo, I love those guys silly)

If it had come at any other point in the duel then you probably wouldn't have thought it was cheap to be fair, just something for you to consider happy
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:22 am

Yeah that's like the great combustion you didn't expected.
    And I agree it's cheap, seriously, the guy played melee only during the enter fight and when he know he's gonna lose he uses the miracle/pyromancy that requires the less skill. Look Skyward

If I knew it I wouldn't have refrained myself using miracles and pyromancy during the fight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:03 am