Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
RANT
JY4answer
6 posters

Dual wield or standard combination?

JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dual wield or standard combination? Empty Dual wield or standard combination?

Post by JY4answer Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:28 am

After 200 plus hours on my dex build, I think I'm gonna try something new. I'll be making a str build and an int build, but now my focus is on the int build.

I know its kinda overused, but honestly all my research has been giving me the same answer: Moonlight Great Sword and Moonlight Butterfly Horn. Stats are also very easy to plan, starting with pyromancer and getting 40 vit/end, 16 str, 10 dex, 44 int and 19 att at sl 106.

Question is, which weapon where? The standard setup would be MLGS and MLBH on right hand, shield and catalyst on left. This works fine, but swapping MLBH and catalyst in order to dual wield both weapons allows mixingn up attacks nicely. That, however, gets rid of the MLBH's ability to turtle when needed. Not that I'll be turtling a lot, but those moments exist, especially if your lovely invader decides to gang with mobs.

Normally I'd test this to find out myself, but my PS3 is 9 hours by plane away sad So I'll just have to get opinions from you guys for now.

Also, go comment in the link in my sig!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Dual wield or standard combination? Empty Re: Dual wield or standard combination?

Post by RANT Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:39 am

trident on the left with logans catalyst and bss+buff and velka's rapier on the right(maybe a chaos weapon)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dual wield or standard combination? Empty Re: Dual wield or standard combination?

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:45 am

I'd keep the spear in my right but not to turtle, because its better in your right hand, you have the option of 2h or casting while keeping its move set.

Also, instead of turtleing, hidden body + css= stealth instakill.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:16 pm

I say have offhand moonlight spear and RH buffed crystal magic weapon. (unless you REALLY want the MLGS but i wanna avoid it as its over used)

It's a great combo, giving you speed and power (if you want it) in your right, but even after the buff wears off you have your left hand spear to keep distance and do good damage.

I do this with Dragonslayer spear on a faith build and it works well for me, and to be honest because you'll have to spend less points in STR for the horn, you can have better than the low 30 vit I have.

The only concern is thatwith the spear keeping distance, guys seem to have a tendency to go for BS a lot more than with a usual set up, but i don't think that will be a problem with you (someone who is no doubt a more skilled player than I silly)
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:43 pm

@ Rant: I'd buff if half the people stopped either BSing me during the buff or circling around the pillars until the buff wears out :x

@ Pirate: Actually I was thinking chameleon + css followed by a MLBH poke, all hidden by the chameleon spell.

@ Much: Personally I prefer quicker weapons, but going thru 2 types of defense sucks. As for buff, look at the beginning of this post. And why would you assume that I'm a more skilled player?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:56 pm

Dual kats if you are feeling manly! Or if you have the Str dual Meat Cleavers!
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:53 am

Again, there's a long, long list of enchanted weapons I'd use, but their all inferior to lightning weapons, and even those go thru 2 layers of defense. ML weapons are so effective becuase its all magic.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:33 am

I am doing the same as you, seems we all end up doing that after having a dex build for 400 hours plus happy
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:57 pm

I still can't decide... Dual wield or standard combination? 1330857165

Flexibility and unpredictability of dual wield, or stability and functionality of standard...

Although I can be sure that for random invasions I'll probably go with standard, and most of the time dual wield for duels.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:18 pm