Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+69
Rassa
Darkson
PhlyingDutchman
Chaos Spectre
his1n-
vixder/pennywise
kinkokinko
PlasticandRage
Saturnine Knight
aprilmanha
NedroidPrime
Zechk
Yukon
CMP-Shock
Dustofsaturn
Sal Paradise
Railage
PsychoCT
berkut
BartholomewWenceslas
johnnyjwa
Artorias
JoocyJ003
SlakeMoth
Henkyona
Danthuyer
Uparkaam
DanielCdable
Doelker
The Once-Ler
Klosterheim
FruitPunchNinja
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
kiwi_commander
WarriorOfSunlight
befowler
javarush214
Rona
rbmaster
Rynoa
Diavir
ScottieDOESknow
ErrJon6661
Reaperfan
Imarreteet23
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
CrackSouls
mugenis4real
FexDS
DoughGuy
ARSP
skarekrow13
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
callipygias
peaceful_sabre
Maneater_Mildred
Langoulk
Flubious
Griever
DxV04
Emergence
Sunbro4evar
ChizFreak
Tolvo
User
Whknight
ublug
73 posters

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 4 Empty Re: Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

Post by ErrJon6661 Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:50 am

If anyone's interested in the port to pc debate EpicNameBro has a video that goes into detail about the pro's and cons.

I doubt its a port though, it does seem weird that they're advertising it this way. But video games seem to be using advertisement and social networking a lot more lately. Its a bit strange to me.

I'm guessing dlc, or a new patch maybe. Possibly adding some story or adapting information from text dumps and adding the pendants "real" function?
    ScottieDOESknow
    ScottieDOESknow

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 4 Empty Re: Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

Post by ScottieDOESknow Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:23 am

ChizFreak wrote:To be honest I've never seen a cheater in any game in my PS3.

:suspect:

Link Removed

BB glitch says hi

lol!

Last edited by Baal-Avatar on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Do Not Post Information for Glitches)
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:47 am

Wouldn't it be great if the new release was simply the entire story to Dark Souls? We could finally have some closure.
    Diavir
    Diavir

Post by Diavir Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:09 am

http://kotaku.com/5895091/looks-likes-dark-souls-might-actually-be-coming-to-the-pc

It's pretty much confirmed it's a PC port
    Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 4 Nn63n10
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:42 am

Im really disappointed, I though console players were gonna get something out of this ;_;
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:55 am

Btw, I just liked and and it's at 6k
    Wall is still the same
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:11 am

Diavir wrote:http://kotaku.com/5895091/looks-likes-dark-souls-might-actually-be-coming-to-the-pc

Just cause a new magazine with next to zero credibility says its a PC port doesn't confirm anything. It could in fact be a teaser for the sequel. Also this:

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/exclusive-dark-souls-dlc-exists-coming-soon/
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:29 am

ChizFreak wrote:
    ARSP wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    ARSP wrote:I don't like the idea of darksouls going to PC because if PC gamers are good at one thing its adding mods or creating new items (They better not release a nude mod that's not right). They may make the game easy by putting in the ultimate armor with perfect protection or create a ultimate weapon..... and give PS3 and Xbox Players something to more or less agree on. This may seem crazy but if they do that you don't want to be playing darksouls on the PC

Why do you care what they do to their own copies of the game? I don't really care about it, if they want to play cheap, they can do it. I don't think it's a good reason to not release a PC edition.

Besides that, I hope it's not that and instead it's the DLC we all want.

I care because it is possible to move mods from the PC to the xbox and it happens often I used to play L4D2 and I once played with modders that turned every zombie into ponies and my guns were colored in rainbows and the only melee weapons availble was a Candy cane I looked up the mods turns out they were on the PC and they moved it to the xbox (it is easier because the Xbox is designed more like a computer so that it will be easier for the developers to port PC games..... I think)

Xbox hacked? That's Microsoft's fault, not the ENTIRE community of PC who want Dark Souls for their platform. They should improve their console's inner security against hacks, tell me why PS3 doesn't have any hackers in Dark Souls? To be honest I've never seen a cheater in any game in my PS3. I'm not saying the don't exist, I'm just saying that Microsoft should improve their security in their console and that that's not a reason to not release a PC version.

I never said that they should be denied because of this. What I am saying is that I don't like the idea. I know that most of the people who buy game will play legitamely but for those trolls who like to take advantage of the code and make the game worse for PC players will just make it create more people who quit the game not just because of Darksoul's insane difficulty but because trolls will make the game unplayable for those who have a high enough moral fiber to play right. You are right that Microsoft should improve the xbox's security but hackers will see that as a challenge and will attempt and eventually suceed in circumventing the security. PS3s can be hacked and have been hacked they are just harder because they are not designed to be more like computers. Go to youtube and you will see a ton of videos about invincibility cheaters and some of those cheaters were on the PS3 now then can we just let the console war die for now?
    rbmaster
    rbmaster

Post by rbmaster Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:41 am

OMG PLEASE LET IT BE DLC!!!!!

ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:54 am

If they did give you guys DLC how much would you pay for it? for me it is always 10 bucks
    rbmaster
    rbmaster

Post by rbmaster Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:09 am

ARSP wrote:If they did give you guys DLC how much would you pay for it? for me it is always 10 bucks

It depends on how much content it has happy seriously that's not a PC version that's coming because that way many people will left the console versions. sad

Demon's Souls still has many people playing because it's a PS3 exclusive...

I imagine how good it would be having cross platform online in Dark Souls...

If they release a PC version with extra exclusive content I'll be seriously depressed. <_<
    Rona
    Rona

Post by Rona Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:48 am

If they release it on Steam, and the FPS issue is fixed in Blight town, I may have to re-buy it.
    javarush214

Post by javarush214 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:10 am

Hmm.... It could be that what they meant by darksouls going to pc would be a darksouls application in FB.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:23 am

Serious_Much wrote:I liked it, all it told me to do was download their app

dont care how good a game they made, i aint standing for that Bull **** silly

Edit: Maybe it's about my Elite knight poise discovery big grin.... lol!

befowler wrote:

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 4 Empty Re: about med armor sets...

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 4 Mini_i11 by befowler on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:27 pm

I also love the knight's set (basic starter). At +10 it is quite strong while still at the lower end of med weight, and everyone assumes you're a noob so you can surprise people.

Another factor personally is that every elite knight chest I find only has 15 poise, even though everyone (and the wikia) swears it has 20. No idea what's going on there.

Time to share some credit, mistah! big grin
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:13 pm

The PC players have already overrun the Facebook page, I seriously doubt a dlc or PC port, it'll probably be something trivial like that Japanese artbook getting worldwide release. From do love to troll everyone.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:28 pm

ARSP wrote:If they did give you guys DLC how much would you pay for it? for me it is always 10 bucks

I would pay 10 bucks for DLC but since I want to support FromSoft as much as possible I would buy it even if it's in the 20 buck range.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:31 pm

*sob*

i can't take any more! Out with it already whoever's set this thing up!
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:35 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:*sob*

i can't take any more! Out with it already whoever's set this thing up!

Most likely they will announce it a noon ET like most other press releases sad
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:42 pm

are they trying to recrerate lordarn by making all their fans hollow via this media trick?
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfVdrtLcRs
    Meanwhile in FromSoft HQ....
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:45 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:are they trying to recrerate lordarn by making all their fans hollow via this media trick?

I doubt it, but I just found a a small glass flask filled with some strange yellow liquid... that can't be good.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:51 pm

better find some rocks to sharpen my grandpa's sword with....
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:18 pm

im thinking its just going to be a PC release of the game, but DLC would make me very happy.
    Diavir
    Diavir

Post by Diavir Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:51 pm

mugenis4real wrote:
    Diavir wrote:http://kotaku.com/5895091/looks-likes-dark-souls-might-actually-be-coming-to-the-pc

Just cause a new magazine with next to zero credibility says its a PC port doesn't confirm anything. It could in fact be a teaser for the sequel. Also this:

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/exclusive-dark-souls-dlc-exists-coming-soon/

It isn't a new magazine. It's been around since 96, and it's been fairly reliable
    Klosterheim
    Klosterheim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Klosterheim Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:19 pm

My prediction:

They're coming out with a Dark Souls breakfast cereal, complete with healthy multigrains, vitamins, and humanity. Why farm rats when you can eat tasty treats and lower your cholesterol. Don't go hollow! Have a healthy swallow! Of Dark Souls breakfast cereal today!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:43 am