Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Rin
CrackSouls
Deadpool
7 posters

Build idea

Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : In front of my mirror thanking god for my sexy looks

Build idea Empty Build idea

Post by Deadpool Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:28 am

I'm thinking about making a defensive Mage. A friend of mine gave me the idea and I like it. Basically what it boils down to is my Mage will have no projectile sorcery at all. Only magic weapons, magic shield, stuff like that. I've seen lots of threads about soul spear and homing soul mass and how it's the bomb so I kinda wanna go a different direction. Let me know what you guys think!
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Build idea Empty Re: Build idea

Post by Deadpool Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:34 am

And an Indiana jones build too! All whips baby, and claws I think.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:40 am

Well a big issue off the bat is you cannot have Magic Weapon and Magic Shield at once, because changing your weapons removes the effect.
    Other than that, I'd say you should be fine. I'm in the process of making a 120 toon (currently 83) that only uses Crystal Magic Weapon and one other slot that I switch up depending on the situation.

Although I should point out to you that a "defensive" build would probably be easier to make with a Faith character. They do not have a shield buff, but TWO weapon buffs and a bunch of AOE (damage and effects) miracles.
    Example: Tranquil Walk of Peace, Force, Wrath of the Gods (kind of offensive though), Magic Barrier (AWESOME Defensive), Karmic Justice, ect.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:44 am

lol i like yr indi idea im workin on a 120 dragonoid build that uses hand 2 hand and 2 handed dragon gs with no spells/buffs/pyro im currently 80-90 so thers lot 2 do so far my main stat is 50 vit n 30 str 2 be able 2 use the dragon gs the thing is i dont want 2 start using any spells but the moment i use dragon roar i get spammed with wog Look Skyward
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:56 am

Well I got tired of reading soul spear after soul spear and homing mass after homing mass and tricks with them and all that stuff. And when I get invaded by mages that's all I see. I want to change it up and use things people hardly use.
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by barecanvas Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:06 am

Deadpool wrote:Well I got tired of reading soul spear after soul spear and homing mass after homing mass and tricks with them and all that stuff. And when I get invaded by mages that's all I see. I want to change it up and use things people hardly use.
    every mage build is so generic lol crown of dusk+ withces cloak+ mlgs+ tin crystalization+ homing soul mass spam/ fail. Lol
    I made a pretty low lvl glass cannon mage build lvl 61 with 9 vit and 9 end. 40 dex and 40 int gravelording undead church with crap tons of great soul arrows lol
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:19 am

Sorceries just don't have that many defensive spells. Magic shield is worthless and I would consider weapon buffs to be offensive. Maybe a spell sword build instead if you don't want soul spears or homing arrows.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:35 am

I like magic shield. And I consider the magic buffs a defensive thing. Projectiles are aggressive and attack on their own. The buffs are just on a weapon and only effective if you swing. So if the buffs don't do any damage unless u swing then I consider it a defensive thing.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:50 am

Ok... what do you like about magic shield? It has a short duration and requires you to turtle to be even somewhat effective, so how are you using it that it's worth a spell slot?

Regarding your defensive vs offensive... we're just going to have to disagree. IMO, just because a spell isn't a projectile doesn't make it a defensive spell. What makes a defensive spell is something that helps out your defenses like magic barrier, magic shield, and to a lesser degree, force. Weapon buffs are there to do damage to your opponents, not there to help you defensively.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Agree to disagree happy

Thank you for your opinion fella
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:20 pm

oh the best thing happened 2 me yesterday... i was invadin a dude i look at him and hes wearin metal pig helmet, no upper body armour, havel gloves, undead soldier cloth thingy coverin his *** and using asylum demons g. hammer :shock: ...i was like thats my build which i used from day 1 :!: :!: (i invaded on a different build) after killin him...he sends me a message 'wow it's u why eint u on your normal build p.s. your beast' im so god dam happy Joy
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:28 pm

I was thinking about a bit of a troll mage. There aren't really many defensive spells, but you could fill your slots with all non-offensive spells. Chameleon, hidden body, hidden weapon, fall control, hush, etc. I would also include the cloud pyros in there. Would take some imagination to make good use of all these spells, but it could be fun!
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:33 pm

^that eint a troll build its the black dragonschool mage build
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Whatever you want to call it, if you want to kill someone with it you'll have to use some trololing tactics.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:36 pm

don't forget to taunt using aural decoy!
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:54 pm

I'd rather play this game while having fun and being creative rather than a backstabbing victory or the same old soul spear and homing mass tactics ya know. Playing the same way as everybody else just isn't my hooker for hire. People won't expect it which may result in a few more victories, never know. Now the Indiana jones build has got my attention the most. I NEVER see whips or claws. Co op, invaders, nothing. To me, the power of weapons mean nothing. The style and o that's new mood is what gets me more into the game.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:12 pm

I've come across a whip. Underrated weapon, in my opinion. It can be enchanted, which means it can pack a punch; it can't be parried (hmm... I think, not sure anymore--I didn't bother trying); and, I had low poise, and the thing wouldn't stop stun-locking me. It's much more viable than people think it is, it's just that very few people have ever bothered trying it.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Deadpool wrote:Now the Indiana jones build has got my attention the most. I NEVER see whips or claws.

Unfortunately whips are very ineffective against hard armour (which 99% of every one I meet uses). So if you're going to use the whip I highly suggest sticking with a weapon buff like Crystal Magic Weapon / Sunlight Blade or Darmoon Blade. At least you'll get some damage off. I personally find the two-handed R1 a very useful move for the whip.

As for Claws, I seem them SOMETIMES. Why not ask GrEeNgObLiN from Fight Club? Haven't faced him with them yet but from what I heard he does quite well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:46 am