Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Co-op and invaders

kejsan

Co-op and invaders Empty Co-op and invaders

Post by kejsan Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:31 am

What do you do if you are playing co-op and someone invades, does the rules of bow, no estus still apply? or if you invade someone playing coop.

When getting invaded solo or invading someone else I never use humanity/estus and always bow first, but when playing with a friend in co-op all that goes out the window, I see the invader as a threat that needs to be killed fast.
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Co-op and invaders Empty Re: Co-op and invaders

Post by ultraflame22 Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:59 am

kejsan wrote:What do you do if you are playing co-op and someone invades, does the rules of bow, no estus still apply? or if you invade someone playing coop.

When getting invaded solo or invading someone else I never use humanity/estus and always bow first, but when playing with a friend in co-op all that goes out the window, I see the invader as a threat that needs to be killed fast.
    As a rule I always bow(If I feel that I am far enough that my opponent can not just walk around me, and backstab), no matter if I am invading or being invaded. What is also of note is the fact that I use the proper bow. It is faster, and leaves less time for people to try and backstab you. As for no healing, I never heal as an invader, and I feel that a host is allowed to estus seeing as he is being attacked in his world. Usually, from my experience, people are human and summon a phantom to fight a boss(or so the phantom can help them through an area), and so an invader is just getting in between them and said boss(And if it is a farmer in the forest or in Dark Anor Londo, they are not likely to fight too honorably in any case). In conclusion: Bow if you have time and if they are not rushing you, estus if you are the host(As long as it is not against an honorable invader. In such a situation that you encounter an honorable invader, a duel can be established.), and do not feel sorry for using your phantom to distract the invader. Honor is one thing, but letting a random Dark Wrath kill you because you bowed and he did not is yet another.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:21 am

It depends how I feel. If it's at the beginning of a level and I got no summons I'll bow and give them a duel.

If I'm half way through (with summons), frankly I couldn't care less. The guy's going down anyway I can make him.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:15 pm

If they invade me while I'm questing, no rules. I'm sorry, but they are getting in my way. I will kill them any way I can, just like they are one of the regular enemies.

I may bow before, but I usually don't since they will rush me in most cases. I usually bow after, even if they are jackwagons.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:56 pm

If I'm in the middle of a level anything goes. I basically treat it as PvE still, but if I'm looking for a fight normal 'rules' apply.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:31 pm