Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
lextune
befowler
ChizFreak
ARSP
djgq42
exandroide
Rynoa
aceluby
Robotech
DoughGuy
Bawheidbob
BLA1NE
callipygias
Serious_Much
reim0027
vageta31
20 posters

SL 3 Sorcerer playthrough (video w/commentary)

aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

SL 3 Sorcerer playthrough (video w/commentary) - Page 3 Empty Re: SL 3 Sorcerer playthrough (video w/commentary)

Post by aceluby Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:47 pm

befowler wrote:Yeah he explains from about 8:00-11:00 about the initial run and eventually getting killed by Seath.

vageta - random aside, I like your "ultimate lagstab" video lol. I've seen some similar crazy things in the forest.

Ahhhh... I've been watching w/out commentary because I'm at work. My bad.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

SL 3 Sorcerer playthrough (video w/commentary) - Page 3 Empty Re: SL 3 Sorcerer playthrough (video w/commentary)

Post by lextune Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:14 pm

I haven't had the audio on for much of the videos, (which have been great though), so tell me; is there a reason you aren't carrying humanity? At low levels, 99 humanity adds massively to your defense.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:15 pm

aceluby wrote:
    befowler wrote:Yeah he explains from about 8:00-11:00 about the initial run and eventually getting killed by Seath.

vageta - random aside, I like your "ultimate lagstab" video lol. I've seen some similar crazy things in the forest.

Ahhhh... I've been watching w/out commentary because I'm at work. My bad.

Same here -- I chanced a bit of sound when I saw him suddenly turn dead around 8:40 and wanted to know why, heh. Heended up explaining the whole thing.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:57 pm

lextune wrote:I haven't had the audio on for much of the videos, (which have been great though), so tell me; is there a reason you aren't carrying humanity? At low levels, 99 humanity adds massively to your defense.

My god, could you imagine farming that much in the depths w/out the gold ring? It would take hours... and then hours more if you happened to not get to your bloodstain.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:04 pm

I not saying he should farm humanity, just use all that he has, even 10 or 20 humanity would add to his physical defense immensely at that low a level.

You can see he has some when he goes into his inventory, where it does him no good at all.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:37 am

About the humanity, I just don't really have much of a reason to use it. Yes it adds to your defense, but with my vitality and armor I'm always just about 1 or 2 hits from death as it is. I'm also considering a NG+ run through so I guess I'm also conserving it for then.

As far as the first Seath run went, it's just that that part wasn't suitable for video. I ran around for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get myself into hyper mode and had to run back to the bonfire due to not remembering to attune my spells. I also fought Seath for a long while trying to figure out a way to beat him at range. That's why the 2nd fight went so smoothly.

I don't mind showing deaths so long as the footage itself is exciting enough and not me fumbling through my inventory for 5 minutes happy.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Part 7 is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u1qeYB9MaA
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:37 pm

There you go, post a vid, get a positive rep. THAT'll keep them coming!

I'm really enjoying this playthrough, v, waaaay more than even the naked jog/run through (which I still occasionally re-watch). I'm learning from you, but mostly it's just fun to watch. The further you get the more glaring that sliver of health your character has is. Then when you cut it down to use the Red Tearstone Ring! Man, that's just crazy.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:49 pm

I'm lovin' these videos, I've been learning lots of little tricks that have been useful (parrying the dragon archer in Anor for instance). I'm curious to see how you handle TOG.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:04 pm

Just finished 1-6, DL #7 right now. I haven't been able to watch them in sound, due to where I"m living, but they are awesome, even if muted. Almost makes me want to do a base level character run. +1 again.

Couldn't gvie you another +1 on the topic thread, so I +1 your next post. Great work. Praise the Sun
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:32 pm

I'm already done with TOG and Nito and I think you guys will be surprised at the outcome. All I have left is 4 kings and Gwyn and I will be attempting that in the next day or two.

I'm glad most are enjoying the run, I've gotten way more positive feedback than the naked run which I'm assuming is mostly because it's a more interesting video to watch.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:37 am

Well I had a wild hair up my *** tonight and concocted a plan to take on 4 kings working with what limitations I set. 8 vitality with no health items, cursed, red tearstone ring and a fire dagger = one insane 4 kings fight. Probably my most proud moment of any challenge thus far.

Hope to get both this video and Nito up sometime late tonight or early Friday.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:55 am

Wow they changed those capra demons aggro range iin the patches. In the original where you stop for kirk to invade you'd have pulled all four of those on the top four.
    EDIT: AND they even removed that last Capra demon down the bottom that normally attacks you when you leave the bonfire.
    EDIT2: At least they put him somewhere else.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:15 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Wow they changed those capra demons aggro range iin the patches. In the original where you stop for kirk to invade you'd have pulled all four of those on the top four.
    EDIT: AND they even removed that last Capra demon down the bottom that normally attacks you when you leave the bonfire.
    EDIT2: At least they put him somewhere else.

i noticed the aggro range, i though it was becasue i was using light armor sometimes.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:05 pm

When's #8 coming out? I've watched all of them and I'm getting impatient. happy
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:06 am

I plan to have both 8 and 9 up by tomorrow morning at some point. I think they're the best two videos to watch as of yet since things are definitely getting tougher. My 4 kings kill was probably my greatest pve achievement yet and so rewarding to complete.

Since I'm considering a NG+ run with less restrictions I will probably spend some time cleaning up and doing as much as I can before taking on Gwyn. Not sure if it will be interesting enough for video, though showing the kills of all the NPCs might be fun to see. Andre's constant drop kicking and bar room brawl fighting crack me up everytime I fight him.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:02 am

Are you gonna do the optional bosses priscilla and Gwyndolin? not sure how fun they'd be especially gwyndolin but just wondering.

I'm waiting for the new ones now. I'm looking forward to your Tomb of giants run in a sort of perverse sadistic way, though you probably ran through no trouble with your equip and hidden body.
    GrayDawg
    GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:20 am

A very entertaining playthrough if I may say so - and I have seen just about all of them on Youtube - and countless ones on Twitch dating all the way back to the Japanese release of the game. Well done sir, and subscribed for future DkS videos.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:35 pm

GrayDawg wrote:A very entertaining playthrough if I may say so - and I have seen just about all of them on Youtube - and countless ones on Twitch dating all the way back to the Japanese release of the game. Well done sir, and subscribed for future DkS videos.

Thanks my friend, that's quite the compliment considering the amount of Dark Souls videos out there.

With that said part 8 is up. I actually combined 8 and what would have been 9 into one video since they were a little short on their own. It recently finished uploading and is still processing the HD so it may take a bit longer for you to get the 720/1080p options.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df4HYLhyGcw

Now I need to make a decision. Take on Gwyn as is and finish up the playthrough, or consider a NG+ run and adjust my restrictions. If I did do a NG+ I'd have to take some time to run around and do some farming, upgrading and tie up loose ends.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:07 pm

You underestimate the light gear! Daggers and the heater shield are surprisingly good... But you know that now! Great video.
    GrayDawg
    GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:27 pm

vageta31 wrote:
    Now I need to make a decision. Take on Gwyn as is and finish up the playthrough, or consider a NG+ run and adjust my restrictions. If I did do a NG+ I'd have to take some time to run around and do some farming, upgrading and tie up loose ends.

I say, take your time, and prepare for an NG+ run. I would love to watch one if fully commented in a professional way like this one has been.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:44 pm

GrayDawg wrote:
    vageta31 wrote:

I say, take your time, and prepare for an NG+ run. I would love to watch one if fully commented in a professional way like this one has been.

Hmm I haven't decided yet. My character is not equipped well enough to survive NG+ with all the restrictions I put on her. I think I have a few options if I were to do it.

1. Remove any restrictions on gear and allow myself to use anything my character can effectively get a hold of. The only issue I see is that my magic damage will begin to wither as it's already maxed out and it'll essentially become a melee only run with a character with horrible weapon stats.

2. Do something different that perhaps allows me to upgrade my magic but nothing else. I'm not sure if it'd be OP'd or not, but raising my int to 32 to allow for more damage and the addition of the tin crystalization catalyst, but still limiting myself to the same spells I have now. So I'd still be using great soul arrow and heavy soul arrow, but the damage would be increased. The reduction in spells due to the TCC would also add more complexity to the challenge. This would keep more to the spirit of the original intent of a sorcerer run, but I'd still have supremely low health, stamina and burden.

3. ???
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:14 pm

The way I see it, you really need to up INT, while the damage you're pulling out with your spells now is good, once NG+ comes round you'll need the extra power on your spells I think to keep them viable without permanently being in Hyper mode

Maybe think about having 1 more attunement slot maybe too? You probably will need more End also since tin crystal catalyst is far heavier than dusk one, along with an armour reshuffle.

Only thing is if you upgrade your INT that much, the NG+ run might end up being identical in difficulty to the first due to your far increased damage (you can't take hits from things anyway mostly)
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Going to 32 Int would get you 254 Mag Adj, vs your current 180. So it wouldn't go as far as making up for halving your castings, and the playthrough would definitely still be harder than the first.

100% honest, though, I don't think it would be all that much more interesting than this one. It would be mostly the same, only maybe a little more tedious. I really enjoyed watching this playthrough, and I look forward to watching your future videos, but personally I'd rather see something different than just this in NG+ with different restrictions...

Or maybe you could table it for a while. Finish this one, do something else, then do the NG+ run later when it'll be fresh again, if you're still interested by then.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:57 am

Thanks for the input guys, I think BLA1NE has a point though. Doing anything right away would probably be a bad thing due to burnout. If I start to get bored I'm going to end up rushing through things and worst case I may not finish. Holding off for a bit and coming back fresh at some other point would be a good idea.

I've done the "melee only" to it's theoretical limit as it was combined with a no armor or shield run. I've done a fun sorcerer run that focused on mostly magic and I've already done a pyro build that was before I started making videos. The only different low level type of run left would be some sort of bow challenge with a hunter. I've hardly used bows before so it could be somewhat interesting at starting level.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:50 am