Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
lextune
befowler
ChizFreak
ARSP
djgq42
exandroide
Rynoa
aceluby
Robotech
DoughGuy
Bawheidbob
BLA1NE
callipygias
Serious_Much
reim0027
vageta31
20 posters

SL 3 Sorcerer playthrough (video w/commentary)

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

SL 3 Sorcerer playthrough (video w/commentary) - Page 4 Empty Re: SL 3 Sorcerer playthrough (video w/commentary)

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:03 am

Bows are actually a lot of fun against mobs! I haven't used them against bosses, though... seems kinda boring, to me.

You could do a speed run! big grin I did it once, the result of which is my sig now. Thing is, I hadn't actually planned on doing a speed run--I was just playing really, really well that day, so I went all the way. It's only after I finished that I put my head into it and made a detailed plan of my ideal melee run... But I haven't been able to replicate it since. sad

So try that! With all your dodging and low level experience, it'll be right up your alley. And before the mid-point it's not even a low-level run anymore, so it should be easy for you! winking

Edit: ideally, it has to be your own plan. Anyone could replicate the pyro speedrun they saw on youtube. But to make your own takes not only skill in execution, but complete knowledge of the game--where every item and enemy is placed, and what you'll need where and when, and when you pick it up, etc.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

SL 3 Sorcerer playthrough (video w/commentary) - Page 4 Empty Re: SL 3 Sorcerer playthrough (video w/commentary)

Post by vageta31 Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:20 am

BLA1NE wrote:Bows are actually a lot of fun against mobs! I haven't used them against bosses, though... seems kinda boring, to me.

You could do a speed run! big grin I did it once, the result of which is my sig now. Thing is, I hadn't actually planned on doing a speed run--I was just playing really, really well that day, so I went all the way. It's only after I finished that I put my head into it and made a detailed plan of my ideal melee run... But I haven't been able to replicate it since. sad

So try that! With all your dodging and low level experience, it'll be right up your alley. And before the mid-point it's not even a low-level run anymore, so it should be easy for you! winking

Edit: ideally, it has to be your own plan. Anyone could replicate the pyro speedrun they saw on youtube. But to make your own takes not only skill in execution, but complete knowledge of the game--where every item and enemy is placed, and what you'll need where and when, and when you pick it up, etc.

I've thought about a speed run but with the well known one I didn't even consider trying to beat it. For one I'm on Xbox and our loading times from a restart are longer.. those stupid logos.. Also as you said if you just emulate the one on youtube then there's nothing special about it. My knowledge of the game is definitely there and now beating it with different methods gives me more experience on taking out bosses safely.

I'll give it some thought. Definitely don't want to rely on the damn Drake sword... but upgrading weapons takes extra time. Time for a brainstorm session. Getting lucky with a BK sword in the beginning would be uber lucky!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:42 am

You don't necessarily have to beat the existing ones, just post your own run. To me, it's much more important/ interesting to post your own run, no matter what the time is, than beat someone else's by using their run or slightly tweaking it.

Yeah, relying on a BK weapon might not be the best idea! Unless you don't mind starting over every time you don't get it... Which would only be about 5 minutes max into a NG, so it's not really that bad an idea.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:06 pm

That ToG & Nito run was CRAZY! Couldn't imagine doing it basically blind... nice work, yet again.

EDIT: AND 4 kings w/out getting hit? I thought for sure you'd try using sorceries.
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:15 am

great videos by the way. im trying to replicate what your doing for fun( not going that well lol) i couldnt kill the dragon the way you did. at half health he gliches on me and i think he goes back to full health. i even try to kill him on other 2 characters( high level) and he gliched the same way. i though that you couldnt kill discharge(i dont know how to spell the first name) that way anymore. i hope i can kill him that way to. after i farm more souls im at 23k im gonna buy the dragoncrest ring and the better soul arrow to attempt the hydra ill probably try quelag trough the shorcut( im not that hardcore) another weapon with like 2 points more of attack is the cestus i dont know if its better than the dagger though. sorry for the wall of text.

again great videos
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:28 am

belkaizer wrote:great videos by the way. im trying to replicate what your doing for fun( not going that well lol) i couldnt kill the dragon the way you did. at half health he gliches on me and i think he goes back to full health. i even try to kill him on other 2 characters( high level) and he gliched the same way. i though that you couldnt kill discharge(i dont know how to spell the first name) that way anymore. i hope i can kill him that way to. after i farm more souls im at 23k im gonna buy the dragoncrest ring and the better soul arrow to attempt the hydra ill probably try quelag trough the shorcut( im not that hardcore) another weapon with like 2 points more of attack is the cestus i dont know if its better than the dagger though. sorry for the wall of text.

again great videos

I'd stay with the dagger, cestus is slower you can't two hand it. Dagger may be a weak melee weapon but it can pump out some serious damage in hyper mode, just ask the 4 kings.

You can still kill ceaseless discharge that way, it's not a glitch or anything it's basically the way it's designed to be killed. I'm not sure about the Hellkite, it worked for me the two times I tried it. Are you doing it with red tearstone ring? I know he does sometimes heal if you don't damage him fast enough. Are you missing your soul arrows a lot?
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:30 am

aceluby wrote:That ToG & Nito run was CRAZY! Couldn't imagine doing it basically blind... nice work, yet again.

EDIT: AND 4 kings w/out getting hit? I thought for sure you'd try using sorceries.

The souls arrows were too slow, I tried. I could do about 500 damage with my dagger in the same time it took me to fire off one soul arrow and recover from it. Just not enough DPS with those spells to take the Kings out fast enough. Besides he's really easy to dodge once you understand his moves, the only concern is doing damage fast enough to not allow his buddies to show up.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:35 am

For Discharge to fall to his death, you need to run all the way from the altar with the gold hemmed set to the fog gate. If you die, and he aggros at you the moment you step through the gate, you can still do it, but you have to run all the way to the altar then all the way back.
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:37 pm

thanks all for the info. ill try the dragon again if i survive getting the dusk of crown. i always tank stuff so im not that good at dodging. ill probably wont get that far hehehe, but at the moment im enjoying the challenge. not sure what armor ill upgrade. at the moment i think um using thief mask with the thief armor and other stuff. havent upgraded anything yet not even the dagger.
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:36 pm

BLA1NE wrote:For Discharge to fall to his death, you need to run all the way from the altar with the gold hemmed set to the fog gate. If you die, and he aggros at you the moment you step through the gate, you can still do it, but you have to run all the way to the altar then all the way back.

thanks man i dies the first time and had to do it like you suggested. thanks a lot. im not that hardcore lol so i used flash sweat just in case he hit me with the fire from affar and he did. still at lv3. o and i did use the rusted ring for the swap big grin. know i need mats for the divine dagger and for the fire dagger. lets see how much more i endure this challenge.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:45 pm

belkaizer wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:For Discharge to fall to his death, you need to run all the way from the altar with the gold hemmed set to the fog gate. If you die, and he aggros at you the moment you step through the gate, you can still do it, but you have to run all the way to the altar then all the way back.

thanks man i dies the first time and had to do it like you suggested. thanks a lot. im not that hardcore lol so i used flash sweat just in case he hit me with the fire from affar and he did. still at lv3. o and i did use the rusted ring for the swap big grin. know i need mats for the divine dagger and for the fire dagger. lets see how much more i endure this challenge.

Good job sticking with it, it's not a challenge for the easily discouraged. Would be much easier with a pyro or strong melee class, I specifically went with sorcerer since they're so fragile. Keep plugging at it, your skills will be much improved by the end.
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:00 pm

thanks man. you made me play dark souls again. i hope we get the new stuff as dlc looking foward for more content.

having a high level character is fun but sometimes you loose interest because he can use a lot of stuff.(but is your first toon and is like your main so I want that sweet artorias armor for him lol)

my lv 181 is using artorias sword and has 50 str 50 faith and like 35 int so it has access to a lot of stuff and has a ring compromised to favor and prot.
    not using that ring and havels helps you understand how important is to play safe and smart.
    you cannot use heavy armor if you want to move fast excluding the ninja ring wich most people can get addicted to it( i do like it myself included.

i guess the pvp aspect of the game kind of forces everyone to maximize their damage and use similar powerfull stuff like ring of fav and prot and ninja
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:06 pm

You're exactly right. Playing with a high level character allows you to rely on gear and high health to get away with sloppy play. Low level characters with weaker gear force you to play skillfully. In the end you'll have a much better understanding of the game and never rely on overpowered gear again.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Hey vag, when is part 9 coming out? I keep checking your YT account daily. Soon, hopefully? Prayer
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:17 pm

reim0027 wrote:Hey vag, when is part 9 coming out? I keep checking your YT account daily. Soon, hopefully? SL 3 Sorcerer playthrough (video w/commentary) - Page 4 3510096238

I'll try to have it up by tomorrow. It's only Gwyn left so it shouldn't take long. I've spent some time the last week finishing up the ENB challenge videos.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Cool. I have all of the videos downloaded. After watching you, I may have to do a thief run. We'll see if I can tear myself away from PvP.
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:06 pm

funny it took me 3 tries to kill smough and ornstein. and like 7 tries to get to the top of senns fortress. i killed the flame centipede in 1 try. i spent my souls because I HATE THE BED OF CHAOS.
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:35 pm

im having trouble with seath the scaleless. i guess i have to be more patient. last attemp was good but i didnt wait for him to face me and one of hes tails killed me( i was at low health because of red tearstone)
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:47 pm

This is good stuff.
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:55 pm

im having a hard time on 4 kings. even doing a lot of rolls backwards he seems to catch me in that damn graple. i also hate went he goes backwards to cast that stupid energy beam. sad
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:48 pm

i did it with power within and great soul arrow. hehehe(my dodging skills are bad)
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:03 pm

Good job, wasn't sure if he could be taken down by magic alone. I've worked out a way for melee characters to deal with the homing soul missile attack after someone told me about a trick he figured out.

There is a video of it up on my YT channel if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXarpQokHtY
    belkaizer
    belkaizer
    Casual
    Casual

Post by belkaizer Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:19 pm

i tried to avoind the missile by staying close but it didnt work for me. 4 kings was very cheap on me he did a lot of weird stuff.

on my 4 kings kills the last king appeared but stayed an the far end i had to chase him an even though he had low health 2 more appeared thank god he was very low on health.

every time he shot the missile i ran to block it, (i think it took like half my health) so i could continue attacking.

i wrote you a pm on some stuff i used differently. but to help everyone else attempting the challenge, Cloranthy Ring( when i had to melee an move fast and power withing( on 4 kings).
    i wish you could get the fog ring earlier easier but winning 3 pvp fights at lv3 sound very hard. probably ill go into the painting to get it via trade with the bird. its a good combo with Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:57 am