Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+58
TheLolrider
tinypantha
vatar5
ThatPerson
Peeffy
dianaduh
tobajas
bendtosquares
Orango19
Cyan-Hawk
PaPaSmVrf
Glogomog
Scirvir
About8547Souls
Shabbalaba
Loken
BishopHavel
Dark Souls PRO
Darkson
MutilatedRelic
MediocritasAurea
Emergence
raecor14
Wilkinson3424
Chaos Spectre
eminusx
Madara
McTwisterson
Ghadis_God
Leeroy_Jenkins
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Carphil
Serious_Much
PlasticandRage
trinity-echo
Eolan
Buggy Virus
Spurgun
Siegleyn
befowler
User
Maneater_Mildred
Wade_Wilson
Saturnine Knight
Shkar
barrywilkins
TehInfamousAmos
Quarik
ViralEnsign_
cloudyeki
Imarreteet23
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Yukon
JY4answer
DoughGuy
62 posters

There's more to them

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

There's more to them - Page 12 Empty Re: There's more to them

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:26 pm

He a simple carry over. They re used the character because everyone liked him/hated him.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:38 am

Taking a break to work on my covenant. Should be back to researching in a few days.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:39 am

The same here actually haha.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:28 am

Not really the right thread for it, but I don't think Solaire is the God of War. The sunlight altar/statue thingy for the sunbros has a spear similar to the DSS with a head similar to the GLGS, and I don't think a god would give up his favorite weapon just because of... well, whatever he did. Unless 'stripped of his deific status' means all of his powers as well as his title, I don't think he could've gone hollow either. Gwyn went hollow, but only because he linked the flame (maybe he gave up all of his humanity to do so or something).

Last edited by Quarik on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:32 am

By the way I know it was pages back, but a new thing of interest that I showed to Skare tonight. Look at the chest piece of the Channeler, and the Adventurer set.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:35 am

I presume your talking about the medals? They do indead look similar. However Im offline atm so I can only check the wiki images. Looks like a promising lead though. I do need to redo Domhnall's section.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:42 am

Dom has some of the exact same medals on his armor I'm pretty sure.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:11 am

Awards from Seath perhaps?
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:08 am

But there's no other connection between Domnhall and Sea... Oh Jesus. Crystal weaponry?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:09 am

That and the Crystal Set and Adventurer set have similar art designs on them. Not to mention the Crystal knight carries a weapon possibly of Zena that has been altered, and Dom sells the same item. Basically, read through the thread, we've found quite a few haha.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:46 am

I missed a bunch.....I'm ashamed. I won't go back and necro but man was I resting on my laurels.....

Tolvo, I didn't see any that looked identical but could take another look. I was setting up duels with Eki which went awexome.

Dom has them in a cascading fashion while the channelers medals are more organized. Also, the Channeler's set uses the same medal exclusively I think. Differences aside though....it's weird that they both have hanging medals. Perhaps Dom got the idea while touring? I posted an idea in my Dom Covenant last night which made me believe something different about him.

I think he's a war profiteer. I bet he know all sorts of trade routes to areas we bust our butts to get to so he can make "fine trades." I am gonna say that he made a deal with Seath to get Crystal Weapons but I would be hesitant to say that its more than an economic tie in. The evidence I stated in the cov thread is that these would be THE weapons to get for a peddler of death. They are high powered which means he can sell them easily on that angle. Since they can't be repaired and break easy though you gotta keep coming back to him to get them. Disposable weapons....a profiteer's best friend.

Going only slightly back about the ghosts, most things that live in Lordran come back corporeal. Under the water this wouldn't be possible as they'd infinitely die being sealed away. Also if you look at drained Londo everything is piled together in one big clump. I think the sealed doors to the valley also have a small trickle of water coming out when closed. Where am I going? I bet all of New Londo was flooded and we come across a partially drained state in which some rebuilding occurred (wooden bridges). The weight of the water and depth meant everyone was crushed together, making escape by floating impossible and coming back as a single corporeal thing impossible. After enough time some souls learned to escape but are true ghosts and not of the physical world. The blobs are reanimated corpse pile after further draining occurs. These might be the ones who couldn't figure out how to ghost it up. The blades might represent a focused will (anger specifically) and intent to harm. The will became great enough that a manifestation was created (knives) that are neither (or both) physical or ethereal.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:19 pm

I was always under the impressions that dead bodies in water bloat and float to the surface. As all the gas escapes the body. They could be piled up similar to how when Mount Vesuvius burst they found millions of people, rich and poor, piled onto the docks, trying to escape in desperation.

But they are concentrated at the gates, which you would assume were shut before the flooding, as that is what made it possible. Perhaps the leaking wall caused the bloated corpses to float towards the wall, and when you lowered the water, or after an extended time they finally sank as they went into the next step of decay? Or perhaps that courtyard was a gathering place where they wholesale slaughtered the towns folks? You do find many Carim items through out the town, a bow meant for sniping, a parry dagger to kill those fighting back, the red tear stone ring at the top of the tower where the gate would have been able to open from I assume. I agree with skarekrow and wanted to comment early on it but I was having a busy day.

This is all just speculation, but I want to know what you guys think happened?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:29 pm

I agree completely. They would likely need to be a corpse pile first and some other factors to not float. Good catch. Flooding that much would take time so it could make sense that there were persons killing those looking to escape or open the doors.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:40 pm

Wouldnt gas escape the body after time? Meaning that after a century of tow the corpses would sink to the bottom? The corpses may be in the same place because when the water entered it entered from the other side of the gate pushing all the bodies towards the gate. You idea that water is slowly leaking I really like. I always thought the sealers did a pretty crappy job missing half the city. Now I know to blame the door builders.
    With you theory of how the ghosts were created how do you explain why cursed weapons injure them? Or that being cursed allows interaction?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:53 pm

I think cursed in this game means caught between things. The ghost weapons are between, when you're cursed you're halfway to dead so maybe caught between. You can touch ghosts so I bet that's close to the truth at least. I think Artorias' cursed sword reflects the same thing.
    They're not totally in our world but not totally in the ghost world either. Of each world is a piece of fabric they're like stitches that are part of both, but don't perfectly fit into either

Speaking of, if we get the dlc I'm on the record for hoping Artorias is a ghost. Ghost boss would be way cooler than wraith boss(es)
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:20 pm

I think its their proximity to the abyss and their rage and agony that cursed them.

I always thought the reason you need a cursed weapon is because of a common ghost tale, that you cannot hurt a spirit unless you posess something it once owned.. So that explains the transient curse and the ghost blades for me. I don't know if this is supported in game. Its just always what I believed.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:48 am

That's a strong possibility
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:26 am

I think this was wheer we were discussing it. The body with the sniper cross bow is a burnt balder night human.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:27 am

Balder bodies? There are many in the parish, the one hanging from the rafters, the one holding the knight shield, alluring skull, soul on the bridge, and I think there are even more.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:38 am

And they were all human. I thought Balder collapsed to the undead like Berenike. Lemme check the lore page.

EDIT: It looks like Balder was a county while Berenike was just a dude who had a bunch of absurdly strong knight followers. And yes Balder collapsed after an undead outbreak.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:09 am

I guess mildred is too awesome to be classed as an npc? God maybe? cheers
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:10 am

Would you like us to talk over possible lore regarding mildred?
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:14 am

Tolvo wrote:Would you like us to talk over possible lore regarding mildred?

Only if it helps your post count.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:18 am

Alright guys, let's talk about Mildred a bit!

First of all, what do you believe is her relation to the butchers found in the depths. Secondly, Laur mentions fearing her eating him, most assume the her is Queeelag, or the gaping dragon, but what if it is actually mildred?

"Giant butcher knife wielded by the Undead man-eating cook lurking in the Depths. More of a tool for subduing and preparing live catches than an actual weapon."
    "Those who have faced this deadly blade have a deeper sense of how helpless prey must feel."

"Makeshift shield built from wood planks. Provides minimal protection, but at a cost of moderate humiliation."

"Bloodstained patchwork sack by the Undead man-eating cook lurking in the Depths. Two eyeholes have been haphazardly cut out.
    It is unexpectedly soft and comfortable to wear, but it is probably near meaningless in terms of defense."

Now here's an interesting question, why does she help you fight the Spider witch? Is it possible upon defeating her she sees your use in ridding the area of the witch? Might she feel that the witch is stealing her targets? Any ideas people?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:22 am

@Mildred Any discussion about any NPC is welcome here. Its just a matter of remembering the NPCs not on the NPC page on the wiki.

All those pesky adventurers going off to fight the big evil spider. None of them ever return. All that good meant gone to waste. If the evil spider dies people will keep coming but their meat wont be hidden away and fed to the eggs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:40 pm