Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+58
TheLolrider
tinypantha
vatar5
ThatPerson
Peeffy
dianaduh
tobajas
bendtosquares
Orango19
Cyan-Hawk
PaPaSmVrf
Glogomog
Scirvir
About8547Souls
Shabbalaba
Loken
BishopHavel
Dark Souls PRO
Darkson
MutilatedRelic
MediocritasAurea
Emergence
raecor14
Wilkinson3424
Chaos Spectre
eminusx
Madara
McTwisterson
Ghadis_God
Leeroy_Jenkins
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Carphil
Serious_Much
PlasticandRage
trinity-echo
Eolan
Buggy Virus
Spurgun
Siegleyn
befowler
User
Maneater_Mildred
Wade_Wilson
Saturnine Knight
Shkar
barrywilkins
TehInfamousAmos
Quarik
ViralEnsign_
cloudyeki
Imarreteet23
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Yukon
JY4answer
DoughGuy
62 posters

There's more to them

Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

There's more to them - Page 16 Empty Re: There's more to them

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks acidic, I never let him live long enough to charge me, and it was difficult to tell with all the white glow that comes from a phantom, I equiped my character with the partizan and compared them and they seemed the same from a distance.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:00 pm

I suaully have to look up eveyrthing to see. I was curious if the spear was a unique attack only to him. However it is not the case, as the pike is buyable from Andre.

The red sage is probably the third sealer of New Londo. it would make sense that they removed the mask, as he (or she) forsook New Londo. The third sage is dead in blighttown, where you can obtain the healers spell.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:03 pm

I am pretty sure he is a male, not only does he not shriek upon death but I think he has the "wavy" hair style you can pick at character creation.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:20 pm

If you look at the image he doesn't have breasts, it's a male. Also I always found it interesting that they all have that fall negate spell on them. Most likely just to make sure you can't constantly trick them into falling to their death, but always worth a look. Also he uses the Tin Banishment Catalyst, if not for the mask this mage uses their entire gear set.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks for the pics Yukon +1. As with some of my info the reason I think he's hunting darkmoons is that I remember someone else writing it somewhere and it being agreed upon. It does make sense though. He is in dark anor londo, waiting in an empty hall. Hes waiting for something so appaear in front of him. The most likely scenario is DM hunting.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Interesting enough though, Lautrec mentions in his dialogue that he has more of an interest in humanity. As well, there was Acidic's speculation of his possible feelings against or towards Seath, as he is found in two areas with channellers, one with a dragon, and then in Anor Londo where Seath has a large influence.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Cant remember that. Is it in his search for lore thread?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Yeah. Time to get a bottle of Whiskey, and start clicking next page in search of it haha.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Better hope its early on or the whiskey will win that battle
    Siegleyn
    Siegleyn

Post by Siegleyn Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:05 am

Okay, so people say Lautrec frees himself, but he disappears from the cell after Oswald appears who seems to come from Carim.

Lautrec was obviously not able to free himself.

Oh, still human are you?
    Then I am in luck. Could you help me?
    As you can see I am stuck, without recourse.

When you free him, he says he hasn't a reward yet which indicates that he gets the medal somewhere after you free him and meet him at Firelink again.

Yes, very sorry, but your reward will have to wait.
    I have just been freed. Allow me some time.

He also awaits a decision of the player, does he hunt Lautrec (revenging the Firekeeper) or leave him be.

Hm, you again? What is it?
    Our futures are murky. Let's not be too friendly, now.

Uhh, so now there are actually two possibilities for his "greedy sentence" at Firelinnk and his later "moth to the flame" senctence.

The interesting thing here is, that he doesn't seem to use humanity, like he says:

Maiden Thorolund and her followers recently arrived in this land,
    but she became stranded deep below the Catacombs.
    Her followers either fled, or were reduced to Hollows… Leaving Maiden Thorolund all alone.
    Not a bad tip, huh? A nubile cleric would be replete with humanity…

When he knows that, why doesn't he go after her humanity himself, unless his "busineness" in Anor Londo is more important. Makes me think, his quest is serious business after all. But he points that out to the player, maybe he thinks the player is someone who is just after Huminty, knwoing Lautrec killed the Firekeeper, the player goes after Lautrec to get the harvested humanity. Like a moth to the flame, the Black Eye Orb was a trap.

Ahh, I heard it from a fleeing old man.
    That poor bastard! All his robes and trinkets won't help him now!

Eh? What fleeing old man? Need some help here, Petrus doesn't seem so old, or is that a reference to the disorted timeline?

By the lords… Your face…
    Hmm… Your humanity is really slipping.
    But there are methods. Most fools have more humanity than they know what to do with.
    Now, who do you imagine will make the best use of it, hmm?

Uh, like I wrote before I don't even think Lautrec is an undead even if he says so. Actually the
    player invades him, which means he's human (stupid fact, ignore it. You invade undead players in PVP who just restored their humanity) . My guess is that he knows what's going on, and he's on a mission to kill the Firekeepers and prevent kindling the fire and kill all those who try including the player. (He doesn't kill the fake Firekeeper in Anor Londo)
    That would explain the Black Eye Orb. Interesting to note here is that I actually doubt the Age Of Dark affects all gods. Gwyn is the ruler, he linked the Fire for a second time because he feared a switch of Power trhough the Age Of Dark. If Fina is the Goddess of Love and Protection, then it could mean she's pro humans. Also Gwyenevere = Fina theory.
    He doesn't consume the Firekeeper Soul, which grants humanity, he also leaves or ignores the Firekeeper Soul in the Church. Or he's undead and needs humanity like
    everyone else and the Firekeeper Souls, who are his target anyway, can
    serve his cause by killing them for humanity. But it really doesn't look
    like he's using it.

Also together with the dialogue part I quoted before and this one:

Well, where have you been?
    I am glad to see you are safe

He seems to actually care about the player.

" Well, look at you. I thought you were wiser, but I thought wrong!
    Tis a terrible pity. Like a moth flittering towards a flame. You
    fellows? No? Don't you agree?
    "

For who the followers are, I have no idea but it seems it's not their first time killing someone who used the Black Eye Orb.

"So, here we go again! How many times will these lambs rush to slaughter? Well, let's get it over with."

Why doesn't he like Patches...? And how did the Firekeeper serve him before he kills her?
    "That Keeper has served me well, but… enough with her…"

Sorry if all that has been already written. I'll dig the whole thread later.I doubt his companions have a real meaning, but they help him, not for the first time. Doesn't look like he just after humanity since he has followers that help him.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:57 am

Ok so you've got a lot so forgive if I miss/misinterpret some.

It all depends on how long Lautrec was trapped. If he was in the cell for a long time then yes, Oswald probably freed him. However if he was only in there a short time its possible he freed himself, just too him a little to work the lock.

Here's a connection. Perhaps he got the medal from the old man covered in trinkets. It could be Dom but Dom does not have robes. Oswald though, does have robes, hmm.

He may use humanity, he just may not be willing to put in the effort going all the way down into the tomb to get it. Th effort would be wasted and as you say, his other business is more important. Note that he occasionally disappears implying he's off doing stuff.

The most likely id for the old man is Petrus. There are no corpses that appear after you free him showing that whoever it was is probably still alive. It also implies he;s trapped somewhere and his trinkets cant get him out of that situation now. Dont forget it may not be a physical trapping, Petrus may now be stuck in Lordran because if he left to go back to the WoW he would get in trouble.

Whose the fake firekeeper in anor londo? The age of fire would affect all the gods realted to the lord souls. All these gods came when then age of ancients ended. Its unlikely any gods existed before the age of fire however they may have, just been in hiding after losing to the dragons. The point is its hard to believe any god, apart from velka but thats got a whole theory behind it, would want the age of fire to end. He may be collecting the firekeeper souls as trophies or need to hand them over to Fina. You also invade as a SoV. DMs also invade as SoVs so we cant be sure its specifically black eye orbers he is waiting for.

He seems to believe you have the wisdom to follow his path. He is glad to see you safe because he believes your on his side for then.

Patches is famed for tricking people into death. Its possible he met patches previously, in fact Patches could be the reason he's in the cell.

He may be talking about the firekeepers bonfire serving him, allowing him to respawn there and heal up.

We havent done anything on Lautrec I dont think. He was one of the 4 who started the thread and I redid him on a whim.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:06 am

*Coughs* Old man in robes who is trapped? Doesn't that sound a bit like Logan?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:09 am

And scrolls, catalysts and books could be seen as trinkets. But why would he know about Reah being trapped in the tomb?
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:09 am

Logan doesn't really have trinkets though... Where as both oswald and petrus have many items to sell.

Logan just has his hat and his know-how I think.

EDIT: Lawl, I never thought of magic as scrolls. I just thought they gave you a lesson for some reason.

EDIT EDIT: I think petrus is pretty old.. I mean if you look at him he has like crow's feet going on. He always stuck me as atleast in his 50's

Last edited by Yukon on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:11 am

Another good question is how Lautrec got through Sen's fortress and Anor Londo. How skilled is this man, if he is almost on par with the Chosen Undead?

Also something interesting of note, Siegmeyer uses the Red Tearstone Ring.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:12 am

Doesn't Sig use the blue tear ring?

That one was not made in Carim suprisingly only one of the rings was.

Blue tear:

"Rare Gem called tearstone has the uncanny ability to sense imminent death.
    This blue tearstone from Catarina boosts the defence of its wearer when in danger."

Red tear:

".... This red tearstone from Carim boosts the attack of its wearer when in danger."
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:18 am

That was what confused me, I swore it was the red ring, as he did more damage to me, and he had a slightly red glow.

I'm wondering if that might just be an error though.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:23 am

Well we've finally goten to the point where I feel I need to say - I will not be doing sections on Andre, Solaire or Siegemeyer UNTIL we have an id on the god of war. Without knowing who it is there is too much speculation that gets in the way.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:30 am

I could be wrong, I have never fought sieg, so I have never seem him use a ring. You probably know better than me, its just the item description I wanted to bring up.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:02 am

What's odd is I hadn't actually seen it go off when he died to the poison, or chaos creatures in Izalith, only when I attacked him in Firelink which confused me. I'll try and attack him at different phases.

Dough, may just exclude anything relating to the God of War from them? Solaire, warrior of Sunlight. Sieg, adventurer. Andre, Blacksmith. Keep it simple, and adjust it if anyone ever agrees on who it is, and finds concrete evidence. So never. silly
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:04 am

Its not really as if anything discussed here is every fully concrete either. We may come to better understandings, but in no way are they 100% foolproof.

I personally don't see a problem with discussing why each may be, or just doing what tolvo said and judging them as what they are simply and see where that takes us.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:36 am

Blacksmith Hammer-"Metal hammer of Andre of Astora, blacksmith at the Old Church.
    Can be used as a strike weapon, but better left in the hands of its talented owner."

Crest of Artorias-"This crest opens a door in the Darkroot Garden sealed by ancient magic.

The door leads to the grave of Sir Artorias the Abysswalker. Many adventurers have left for the grave, but none have returned, for they make easy prey for local bandits. With such dangers, the crest can do more harm than good in the hands of the uninitiated."

Caestus-"The weapon augments one's bare hands with thick, studded leather.
    The Caestus has a short reach, but quick cool down. Amount of damage inflicted is dependent on its wearer's strength."

Divine Ember-"Ember required for weapon ascension.
    Divine embers are property of the church,
    and intended for divine blacksmiths.

Ascends +5 standard wpn to divine weapon.
    (divine weapon can be reinforced to +5)

Divine weapons are for Undead hunting. Use
    against Undead and the pawns of necromancers."

Large Divine Ember-"Ember required for weapon ascension.
    Large divine ember, of secret church rites.
    Intended for select divine blacksmiths.

Ascends +5 divine weapon.
    Allows reinforcements to +10,
    on par with the very weapons of the Gods."

Large Ember-"Ember required for weapon ascension.
    A large, high-quality ember.
    Handled by the blacksmith of Astora.

Ascension for +5 standard weapon.
    Allows reinforcement to +10.
    Also, can ascend +5 std wpn to raw wpn.
    (raw weapon can be reinforced to +5)"

Very Large Ember-"Ember required for weapon ascension.
    Huge ember of highest quality.
    Handled by the blacksmiths of Astora.

Ascension for +10 standard weapon.
    Allows reinforcement to +15,
    on par with the greatest weapons of legend."

Dark Ember-"Ember required for weapon ascension. The church long hid the forbidden black ember, and no living blacksmith knows of it.
    Ascends +5 divine weapon to occult weapon. (occult weapon can be reinforced to +5)
    Occult weapons were used to hunt the Gods, and are effective against their followers and kin."

Video Containing Andre's Dialogue Options

Andre of Astora

Spoiler:

Come on, you all knew I had to do Andre. big grin
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:06 am

Very well then. ANdre is added. Thanks again Tolvo.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:33 am

The only shock is that it took so long. Nice write up
    Siegleyn
    Siegleyn

Post by Siegleyn Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:41 am

Thanks Dough!

With "fake Firekeeper" I mean actually her function. The Firekeeper in Anor Londo can be killed but the fire keeps intact. So no reason for Lautrec to kill her. Also going into the tombs seems to be not as much trouble as going into the Sen's and Anor Londo.

Spoiler:

But I think we can think of the possibility that ending the Age Of Fire doesn't mean the gods disappear or die. From what I think, all the big guys or people who liveed before the humans are the same race. Hawkeye is the reason why I say that.

Pharis was an accomplished archer, and though
    he was human, he ranked alongside Hawkeye
    Gough
    , one of the Four Knights of Lord
    Gwyn

befowler wrote:Re the butchers, Laurentius repeatedly refers to them
    as female, and says she'll eat him for lunch if he's not rescued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IEGkgOdi9XU#t=17s

I guess he's talking about Mildred. Even though she invades you in the Swamps.
    There's more to them - Page 16 WkNwR

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:02 pm