Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+58
TheLolrider
tinypantha
vatar5
ThatPerson
Peeffy
dianaduh
tobajas
bendtosquares
Orango19
Cyan-Hawk
PaPaSmVrf
Glogomog
Scirvir
About8547Souls
Shabbalaba
Loken
BishopHavel
Dark Souls PRO
Darkson
MutilatedRelic
MediocritasAurea
Emergence
raecor14
Wilkinson3424
Chaos Spectre
eminusx
Madara
McTwisterson
Ghadis_God
Leeroy_Jenkins
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Carphil
Serious_Much
PlasticandRage
trinity-echo
Eolan
Buggy Virus
Spurgun
Siegleyn
befowler
User
Maneater_Mildred
Wade_Wilson
Saturnine Knight
Shkar
barrywilkins
TehInfamousAmos
Quarik
ViralEnsign_
cloudyeki
Imarreteet23
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Yukon
JY4answer
DoughGuy
62 posters

There's more to them

Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

There's more to them - Page 15 Empty Re: There's more to them

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:45 pm

sorry doughguy, but the butchers being female is not my view... Its what the creator of the game said.

link to thread with links to interviews

another thread about the female butchers
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:46 am

Hmm, well then almost like a coven of witches, but instead cannibal women who are a bit bloated for eating such meals.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:12 am

Mildred, where is your user made covenant? I am dissapoint there is not a mass of heavy-set female characters running around invading with +15 sacks.

Someone is going to take that out of context and I do not apologize for it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:03 am

At least no one has made a mean eater joke yet.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:39 pm

So after 24 pages and 13 NPC sections do you guys think I could get this stickied? Do I just pm Emergence for that?

EDIT: Also we broke 3000 views!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:33 am

I updated Dom based on the evidence you guys gave me. Heres the final one.

Domhnall of Zena
    Spoiler:
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:48 am

Used Skare seperate world theory to fix up a few of the things that were bothering me about oscar. Big thank you to Skare. Also fixed up Tarkus a bit. Looking back its amazing to see how much we've all learned since this began.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:12 am

I'd dare to say Domhall is my favourite character tied with Artorias. But seeing as Artorias isn't in the game yet. He's my fav.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:52 am

You just PM him or one of the other admins, I'm pretty sure he is the one who focuses more on organization so he's probably the best bet Dough, then talk it over with him. He might not sticky it as there are so many useful threads in the Archives with a lot of posts, but since this one does have a catalogue at the start that really compiles what we talk about I think it definitely has a chance. Either way, this thread is also linked in the Resources thread so hopefully that will bring it to people's attention and maybe we'll have more coming in to help us find out all we can about these characters.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:54 am

ok thanks. I'll pm him now.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:41 am

Love this thread. Who else we still missing? I'm in the mood for crazy ranting.....got my hillbilly beard on and everything
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:50 am

You can check the NPC page on the wiki, theres still a couple left there. Theres also some who are only ever hostile, like jeremiah, and some who are mentioned but not seen, like Carmina.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:47 am

I might be able to do some on Jeremiah.......I was recently in the Painted World a couple times to study Priscilla. I could also do a mean Priscilla entry but she's pretty mainstream for this thread.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Xanthous King Jeremiah:

At first glance, the word "Xanthous" suggests a possible place or origin for our King. However, the word Xanthous means "Yellow" or "Yellowish" which strongly suggests he was well known for his unique armor set. The armor is coincidentally also said to be of unknown origin.
    The armor's color is said to be so bright it "still stings the eyes." Parts as described as tattered. The word "still" and the tattered nature suggest he's old (and is described as legendary). The brightness of the armor reflect a likely desire to divert attention. By stinging eyes it is intended for his audience(s) to look away. The wrappings suggest he might be ashamed of his appearance, by wrapping his face away from the world. Both of these pieces suggest a possible deformity. Acidic has posted much about him being an egghead which could explain the wrappings. Acidic......you could be right. However, an alternative theory presents itself upon further examination. Jeremiah's name is known and, as mentioned above, is legendary. So, while WE do not know where he came from, presumably others do. Particularly as he is know for being an exile. Surely those who exiled him know where he came from. The armor's origin is specifically stated to be unknown, which may imply it was made after his exile. Perhaps our Bullfrog of a King is ashamed of his exile, and hopes to hide his face and attract attention away from his former self. Adding to this is the wrappings statement that it is "clearly far too big." A possible nod to an enlarged head but also a suggestion that it is an intended variation from the expected size (normal head) potentially as yet another distractor. Evidence to this occurs when we wear the wrappings without an egghead and they perform identically to the King's use.

A problem with this is that he is known as the Xanthous King, indicating he likely came to be King after receiving the armor. However, his name may reflect a later claim that he made, as his legendary status is tied to his being an "exile." It appears his legend is tied to something after the exile. Like Conan before him, did he go on to conquer another land? Was he called this out of irony? Like my covenant namesake Little John.

Jeremiah's weapon implies two possible character traits. The use of a whip, primarily good for unarmored opponents suggests a likely use for punishment purposes or "motivational" tactics, like the guys in the Temple of Doom, getting the kids to work harder. The thorns/barbs etc. on the whip add that he was particularly cruel. The enemies of the painted world are bloated and toxic and use fire. The easy connection is to the eggheads by Quelana. I would imagine that a chaos connections exists, however, there are notable differences. The eggheads, also develop bloated backs and spawn parasites when killed. The bloated warriors are afflicted with toxin rather than parasites and grow only from the head. Priscilla describes the inhabitants as "peaceful" in the Painted World, yet we find them not so nice to us. Perhaps Jeremiah and his whip have "motivated" them out of their peaceful ways. His use of chaos may be a trick he learned from them.....or....perhaps one he brought with him. Did King Jeremiah seek to become the King of the Painted World? He appears near cages which presumably bring new inhabitants. Is he there to meet them with open whip, to draft them into service? We come upon a hiding bloated hollow. Cowering, perhaps, he is as peaceful as Priscilla suggests. Priscilla also practices the peaceful ways, meaning she believes it to be a peaceful land. Is this an escapee who has gotten away from the tyranny of the Yellow King? His final gift to us suggests that their pyromancy is a learned gift that can be passed along, not an inherent one from the bloat itself. Did the Yellow King bring fire to the Painted World, a land where all evidence (doll, terrain, weather, Priscilla) indicates cold reigns supreme?

Finally, Jeremiah's corpse is unique in it's position. He sits, behind Priscilla, waiting in eternity. Why is he there? The position suggests his end was not a violent one, meaning Priscilla did not kill him. If we can extend our experience, he could have walked off the edge and left at any time. Yet he didn't. I have two theories, one of which I believe has been stated. He sought to make Priscilla his queen and his love went unrequited. Similarly, he may have intended to challenge her for power and could not, but was spared to wait out his last days. A combination of the two theories is possible too (did not want to harm her after he met her). They both appear to be outcasts and he may have felt great empathy toward her. This could also be extended into the reason he seeks to create an army in the Painted World, to protect her.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:47 pm

My god Skare thats great. Thank you for that, definetily going on the front.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:12 pm

My pleasure. The gang's been doing some amazing stuff while I've been resting on my laurels (but not my hardys). Was itching to rant
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:59 pm

lol. Emergence messaged me back about the sticky. I dont think the admin really want to sticky anything else. Basically Tolvo's resource thread is now acting as a pseudo sticky for a lot of threads, including this one.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:09 am

Haha, I now have the power!

*Cue evil laugh*

Well at least I'm helping out in that way, I'm really surprised by how well that thread has done.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:47 am

Re the butchers, Laurentius repeatedly refers to them as female, and says she'll eat him for lunch if he's not rescued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IEGkgOdi9XU#t=17s
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:58 am

So I was gonna do Logan and ended up seeing how little Ive done for Lautrec and redid his section instead. So here it is. Also if anyone could identify the weapon, shield and armour of the Knight with Lautrec, possibly take some photos that would be much appreciated.

Lautrec
    Spoiler:
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:55 am

Great write up.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:19 pm

I had a character ready to fight him so I figured I would upload the images you asked for. The mystery knight is wearing warrior set, with a partizan and ... I think its the wooden shield from undead burg.
    There's more to them - Page 15 Dsc03018
    There's more to them - Page 15 Dsc03016
    There's more to them - Page 15 Dsc03014

How do we know for sure that Lautrec is "farming" darkmoons? His dialouge doesn't seem to suggest darkmoons to me, he does drop an ear but its probably because of YOU, not him. I think by sheep to slaughter he means the chosen undead linking the fire, as a whole.

That would also lend itself to the moth flittering towards a flame, because often moths burn the scales off their wings and die in the process achieving nothing. They fly towards the flame out of confusion, and being fooled into thinking its the moon/stars/whatever we aren't sure exactly! But anyway, it compliments the story at hand rather than him just sitting there farming darkmoons.

Here is the black orbs description I find the last line especially interesting
    "Mystical orb found on a keeper's corpse. Invade the world of the murderer of a firekeeper, to defeat the perpetrator and reclaim the soul of the firekeeper.
    The blak eye keeps constant watch on the city of the Gods, Anor Londo."

So did lautrec leave this behind? Or did the firekeeper already have it on her?

Thanks for the write up dough.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Lautrec set up a nice trap. Also, now that I see the guy in Crimson set again. Are we sure it's one of the Sealers or perhaps a clue on where the last one went? There's no mask which makes me wonder.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:20 pm

I think the sealers mask says:
    "Mask of the ... It symbolizes their resolve to keep the seal shut forever, and their atonement for all who were sacrificed, but two of the three forsook New Londo upon tiring of their duty."

It could be that since he forsook his duty as a keeper he simply removed his mask. But then why keep wearing the robes. Its possible lautrec and his crew beat the 3rd keeper and just looted his corpse. But theres no evidence in either direction.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:40 pm

For the warrior, he uses a pike. See his charge attack before? That is a pikes special charge, and its charge alone. pazitan does not have. Plus, the pole is red, which is also a pike quality

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:18 am