Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+58
TheLolrider
tinypantha
vatar5
ThatPerson
Peeffy
dianaduh
tobajas
bendtosquares
Orango19
Cyan-Hawk
PaPaSmVrf
Glogomog
Scirvir
About8547Souls
Shabbalaba
Loken
BishopHavel
Dark Souls PRO
Darkson
MutilatedRelic
MediocritasAurea
Emergence
raecor14
Wilkinson3424
Chaos Spectre
eminusx
Madara
McTwisterson
Ghadis_God
Leeroy_Jenkins
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Carphil
Serious_Much
PlasticandRage
trinity-echo
Eolan
Buggy Virus
Spurgun
Siegleyn
befowler
User
Maneater_Mildred
Wade_Wilson
Saturnine Knight
Shkar
barrywilkins
TehInfamousAmos
Quarik
ViralEnsign_
cloudyeki
Imarreteet23
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Yukon
JY4answer
DoughGuy
62 posters

There's more to them

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

There's more to them - Page 27 Empty Re: There's more to them

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Only one of us responded immediately. We're slipping......

Also, welcome and good observation
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:12 pm

lol 2 weeks until uni holidays. Then Il be getting back into this.
    Also I love how the only non spoilered text on the front (apart from titles) hasnt changed since I started this.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:18 pm

I've honestly lost some steam lately except in off topic. Gonna be away for a few days starting tomorrow and maybe return ready for some rants
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:19 pm

Well to keep you here lets get off topic lol. I like you rnew sig.
    Looking forward to your rants big grin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:55 am

After all the hype I gave the can I naturally had to hype it more. Will have to do a lengthy post on my forest scarecrow brethren when the dlc comes out
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:11 am

And I will gush all over Oscar when it does big grin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:14 am

Lol. You better. Although my guess is we'll all hide until we beat all the new content at least once.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Bump. 4 days till i can start doing stuff for this again! So excited.
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Doughguy, I've just read the entirety of of your OP and its so cool and i'm liking alot the stuff you guys have come up with, especially Oscar(you pretty much proved it as fact silly ) but alot of it is so based on heavy speculation going on minimal evidence sad still your suspicions and such are really well founded silly

I have a few things which may or may not have popped up already in the 40 something pages that have followed up to this post. Your suspicions surrounding Andre of Astora make me think that Andre is the Descendant of the nameless Blacksmith Deity. His knowledge of the Chosen Undead, Artorias and such gives him links to the gods, on-top of which he live smiths just outside the place where the Chosen Undead is deemed worthy by his progression through Sens fortress. Maybe he decided to set up shop there to lend a hand to the Chosen Undead to succeed lord Gwyn. I mean he was confirmed as a person meant to be important to the story originally, maybe he's still important except it isn't nearly as obvious.

Secondly in relation to your theory about the other sealer of the New Londo Sealers. I think you are correct, and the main evidence is the Parrying blade and the structure of the helmet. All helmets from Carim are full cover helmets, never a space for attacks(i.e. the gargoyle helm, etc). I also think i know why Lautrec took the firekeeper soul. I think he believes by offering it to Fina she will grant him more power and fortune. Lautrec was no stranger to firelink shrine but i think that he finally decided to take the firekeeper soul and hand it up to Fina.
    I think he might've tried to get the Firekeeper soul of the Anor Londo Firekeeper but ultimately failed because she was more skilled. He armour also shows similar traits along with the parrying dagger meaning she also has ties to Carim. The place where Lautrec is locked up is above a giant church with statues of a female lining its walls. On the Alter is a body with a Firekeeper soul. I think that he committed to a ritual on that alter, by which he offered the firekeeper soul to Fina.
    Oswald finds out about this and travels from Carim and locks him up and keeps a vigil on him so as to make sure he doesn't commit this sin again, possibly because Oswald is against the death of the firekeepers as to Fina, perhaps due to a rivalry between Velka and Fina or simply because it is a sin that is punishable by imprisonment under the church of Velka.

I'm currently very tired due to this late hour so i hope this was helpful silly
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:48 am

Right, sorry for the long time waiting for a response Madara.

Theres a lot of stuff around Andre. If you'll notice Tolvo actually wrote his section in the OP so Im not really sure whats there but a descendent of the blacksmith deity is possible.

Im not sure about Oswald locking up Lautrec. I always saw it as Oswald freeing Lautrec as Lautrec escapes not long after Oswald appears if you dont free him from his cell. Lautrec himself is also an enigma. He serves a god yet kills the servants of the gods. Its an odd thing.

Also guys I'm anbou tto get back into this but I dont know who to do. Any dsiggestins are welcome but if no one gives me someone Im just gonna do Logan.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:42 am

Also did a massive update on the OP. Put all the names on the spoilers and fixed up Pris's and Eignyi's formatting. Man hers was big.
    Also interesting note, the forum actually lags when I send my edits for the page in. Its just too big silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:13 am

I broke the forest and now this thread will break the forum. I believe the age of undead is upon us. Grab your tiny black sprites everyone and lets roll!

Also Dough, Logan is a good choice. Might get people rolling again
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:16 am

Logan it is! Depending on what my friends do I should have it done tomorrow night or the day after.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:27 am

Yeah you were gonna do Logan before I side tracked you with Priscilla, so do Logan now!
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:11 am

just a thought regarding Shiva, might be of some significance as to why he can be found in Blighttown.

The structures in Blighttown are very much like Eastern shantytown shacks, vertically stacked and made of wood or bamboo. And the big wheel / lift that Shiva is found near is also like the traditional chinese and syrian waterwheels of the past. Its also interesting how there are a number of gutters and waterways in blighttown to power similar wheels, also, the name Blight 'town' suggests an abundance of people, so at one point it could have been a sort of trading post or halfway house or something?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:12 am

Couldve been an eastern outpost. Perhaps they were living in Lordran for awhile?
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:23 am

Isn't the elevator powered by a dog in a wheel?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:25 am

Federally wrote:Isn't the elevator powered by a dog in a wheel?
    You are correct there. But we could assume that previously water actually existed there and when it was shut off from the top the water down below no longer moved and turned into a swamp. So the made a dog powered one to move it.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:42 pm

All of that makes perfect sense. One of the sealers has connections there as well so it's assumed at one point there were people there to heal and there's no way a large population is deliberately living there. The old stone structure maybe might mean it went through a few phases such as the poor population of the burg and evolved to the wooden structures as trade and immigration increased
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:22 pm

the other stuff thats found there all has that eastern connection too, the Iato and the shadow garb as mentioned earlier by one of you guys.
    The barbarians, ghouls and dartblowers could be former inhabitants, guards maybe?
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:24 pm

also, as if confirmation was needed, I definately found one of those mosquitos in a takeaway i had once too!!

are szechuan dogs a step too far?
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Just a theory here, but had people thought that Blighttown and Darkroot forest are linked together. Vertically speaking Darkroot basin is directly above The Valley of the Drakes, Blighttown and Anor Londo. This proven by an elevator leading from the valley of the drakes to Darkroot basin. Maybe the water was passing from Darkroot into Blighttown until the sealing of Anor Londo where the water was diverted.The fact of water existing there is the structures into blighttown where you find the fire keepers soul, the dragon scale, etc, etc. That is when the Great Blight pus turns up and turns Blighttown upside down. what do you guys think?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Madara wrote:Just a theory here, but had people thought that Blighttown and Darkroot forest are linked together. Vertically speaking Darkroot basin is directly above The Valley of the Drakes, Blighttown and Anor Londo. This proven by an elevator leading from the valley of the drakes to Darkroot basin. Maybe the water was passing from Darkroot into Blighttown until the sealing of Anor Londo where the water was diverted.The fact of water existing there is the structures into blighttown where you find the fire keepers soul, the dragon scale, etc, etc. That is when the Great Blight pus turns up and turns Blighttown upside down. what do you guys think?
    Perhaps Blighttown was the slums of Ooloaciule?
    Madara
    Madara
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Madara Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:00 am

DoughGuy wrote:
    Madara wrote:Just a theory here, but had people thought that Blighttown and Darkroot forest are linked together. Vertically speaking Darkroot basin is directly above The Valley of the Drakes, Blighttown and Anor Londo. This proven by an elevator leading from the valley of the drakes to Darkroot basin. Maybe the water was passing from Darkroot into Blighttown until the sealing of Anor Londo where the water was diverted.The fact of water existing there is the structures into blighttown where you find the fire keepers soul, the dragon scale, etc, etc. That is when the Great Blight pus turns up and turns Blighttown upside down. what do you guys think?
    Perhaps Blighttown was the slums of Ooloaciule?
    Exactly it would make sense because below this again is the demon ruins and the witch of izilith and her children. Maybe after the Chaos Flame engulfed Izilith and her children, Blighttown was flooded in order to contain them. The Blighttown pus is reminiscent of Mud which was once submerged in water. The wooden scaffoldings were used to get around because of the water had sealing properties and hence if you were caught within it you wouldn't get out. I think that's the reason you die every time you go into that water you don't swim. All water you see in the game seems to be linked to the Darkroot basin. Maybe the waters sealing properties is the reason Oolacile set up there?

The Kings posed more of a threat and so they had to divert the water and Blighttown was freed and the undead were infected to create those monster-like undead, and created the insects that produce Chaos fire from there mouths along with every other creature in Blighttown. On top of this the Demon Ruins became unsealed allowing Demons to escape. Maybe the reason Yulva the Sealer came to Blighttown is because he/she felt responsible for the damage that was done and came to Blighttown to try and repair the damage.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:26 am

I like your theory, though I don't have much to add to the conversation

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:41 pm