Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+58
TheLolrider
tinypantha
vatar5
ThatPerson
Peeffy
dianaduh
tobajas
bendtosquares
Orango19
Cyan-Hawk
PaPaSmVrf
Glogomog
Scirvir
About8547Souls
Shabbalaba
Loken
BishopHavel
Dark Souls PRO
Darkson
MutilatedRelic
MediocritasAurea
Emergence
raecor14
Wilkinson3424
Chaos Spectre
eminusx
Madara
McTwisterson
Ghadis_God
Leeroy_Jenkins
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Carphil
Serious_Much
PlasticandRage
trinity-echo
Eolan
Buggy Virus
Spurgun
Siegleyn
befowler
User
Maneater_Mildred
Wade_Wilson
Saturnine Knight
Shkar
barrywilkins
TehInfamousAmos
Quarik
ViralEnsign_
cloudyeki
Imarreteet23
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Yukon
JY4answer
DoughGuy
62 posters

There's more to them

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

There's more to them - Page 26 Empty Re: There's more to them

Post by PlasticandRage Tue May 22, 2012 2:18 am

Maybe all 3 of the siblings have some kind of personalized sigil like that. You positive the thing on Gwynevere's head is exactly the same? I personally don't think the pendants sunlight medal description is more than a text error. I know a lot of what lore hunting consists of is trying to place meaning on these tiny details, but I just don't think it's any more than that.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue May 22, 2012 2:19 am

PlasticandRage wrote:Maybe all 3 of the siblings have some kind of personalized sigil like that. You positive the thing on Gwynevere's head is exactly the same? I personally don't think the pendants sunlight medal description is more than a text error. I know a lot of what lore hunting consists of is trying to place meaning on these tiny details, but I just don't think it's any more than that.
    It is the raised part of the coin, it obviously doesn't have the background, so it's more of the model then anything. And I agree it was most likely a text error, but the fact that it linked to the most controversial item is still a point of concern.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue May 22, 2012 2:39 am

At this point my take on it is that the pendent was intended to have a use, but that somewhere down the line, possibly in the patch?, it was broken somehow. I think that's why nobodies figured it out. Considering how many dedicated and DkS knowledgeable players have tirelessly hunted for it. I think if it had a meaning/use it would have been found by now. I think things like it's description popping in places that it shouldn't reinforce that theory, as well as the fact that it's the only thing that even hints of have been completely refused. On the other hand I could be totally wrong. It all could be pieces to a puzzle that will someday be put together, I've just become a bit dissolutioned through my own pendant hunts. I will say this though: I'd bet money that if the pendant's use is figured out, it'll be figured out soon after the new version/DLC is released. The reason I think that, obviously, is because I think part of the new content is going to be the repair of whatever it was supposed to be for.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 22, 2012 10:21 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZuAgUAQGQs&feature=related
    From 6:10 onwards is stuf around Logan. The heretical research comes from Griggs dialogue. Discuss.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Tue May 22, 2012 10:29 am

PlasticandRage wrote:At this point my take on it is that the pendent was intended to have a use, but that somewhere down the line, possibly in the patch?, it was broken somehow. I think that's why nobodies figured it out. Considering how many dedicated and DkS knowledgeable players have tirelessly hunted for it. I think if it had a meaning/use it would have been found by now. I think things like it's description popping in places that it shouldn't reinforce that theory, as well as the fact that it's the only thing that even hints of have been completely refused. On the other hand I could be totally wrong. It all could be pieces to a puzzle that will someday be put together, I've just become a bit dissolutioned through my own pendant hunts. I will say this though: I'd bet money that if the pendant's use is figured out, it'll be figured out soon after the new version/DLC is released. The reason I think that, obviously, is because I think part of the new content is going to be the repair of whatever it was supposed to be for.

Hmmm id nearly agree except that the patch came and they didn't repair the description despite it being a large and noticeable (also consistently complained about) bug. Its like they were saying "what mistake?" There's more to them - Page 26 3596227959
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue May 22, 2012 10:43 pm

Ok, I'm back with another one of my very off the wall theories based off just a few points (like, my (OMG, there's a city under the hydra lake in the forest" theory). So, bear with me, as it's sure to be a bumpy ride, although I'll try to just sum it up.

Ok, so we are told that New Londo was flooded to contain the darkwraiths. "Ok, that makes sense right?" Nope. The Darkwraiths are still there, just hanging out under the water. "Ok, well maybe they can't climb out?" False, there are stairs they could use to climb out, as well as the elevators (although the water could block those up). "Well, maybe teh water was magicly binding them?" No evidence. We die if we fall in it, but the same happens if we fall in either lake the Hydra's are in.

So the water is not doing anything (in theory). "Ok, well, maybe they didn't just think that part through?" New Londo was flooded to contain the darkwraiths at the cost of all the civilians there, but from what is seen the only being there that could have the strength to actually do any damage are the 4 Kings and Kaathe. The drakwraith's only special ability is the humanity drain, and the other cities literally had killed driven dragons to extinction (well, close enough anyway).

"So the whole "containing the darkwraiths" thing is appearing pretty bunk, so why else would they do it? What could it possibly have that would make the gods flood an entire city?" How about the key to breaking the undead curse that makes the human's so controllable by the gods? It's been theorized before that the gods unleashed/created the undead curse to make humans sacrifice their humanity to the flame.

"Ok, but all the items involving the curses specifically state how unstoppable curses are! The Purging stones don't even break it, they just replace the curse on teh spirit in the stone!" Ah, but there is a way to break curses! The spell "Resist Curse" specifically says in the description, "Sacrifices humanity to undo curse." Now, this isn't what the spell does at all, but there is a character who uses a stronger version of this spell: Ingward, medicinal sorcerer of New Londo, home of healing sorceries...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 22, 2012 10:51 pm

Interesting. Although the water seals them off from the world in the way that no-one can find them. Its stopping people getting in not getting out. That doesnt dismiss your theory however the sealers were from Carim not New Londo. He may have found a way to do it while at new londo though. Hmmm.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 22, 2012 10:57 pm

GET OFFTOPIC DAMMIT!!! silly

Seriously though, I've been reading some of the thread and it's getting interesting, I just hope cook may come in to give a helping hand with some parts as he's the lore (speculation) guru.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue May 22, 2012 10:58 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Interesting. Although the water seals them off from the world in the way that no-one can find them. Its stopping people getting in not getting out. That doesnt dismiss your theory however the sealers were from Carim not New Londo. He may have found a way to do it while at new londo though. Hmmm.

I checked their armor, their catalyst, and both spells, and it says nothing about them being from Carim. Although there likely is a connection, as the duke commissioned the bite rings and the purging stones are his "secret treasure", but maybe he only commissioned the spell or something.

Although, if the duke of Carim IS trying to end the undead curse, it could explain Lautrec's mission in Lordran if he's trying to stop people from linking the fire by killing the firekeepers...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Goddamit I hate when I say something I know but I cant remember where I heard it. Doubtless I know they;re from Carim. I will find the proof!
    @Serious I think cook is gone for good. Didnt sound like he'd ever come back. Speaking of which I need to post something in his thread.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 23, 2012 2:20 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Interesting. Although the water seals them off from the world in the way that no-one can find them. Its stopping people getting in not getting out. That doesnt dismiss your theory however the sealers were from Carim not New Londo. He may have found a way to do it while at new londo though. Hmmm.

When you kill Ingward he says, "How could I allow this? Forgive me my countrymen!". Doesn't sound like something a guy from New Londo would say. He also speaks of New Londo bring sacrificed the same way a foreigner would, there is no sadness in his voice that you'd expect from someone who lived there. So maybe Carim, but definitely not New Londo.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Wed May 23, 2012 3:24 pm

They believe that he is from Carim because he uses the Parrying dagger
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sun May 27, 2012 2:36 am

I don't know if this was touched on before but i didn't see him on the list so I'll postthis is the paladin chest piece description [b]"Long ago, the Way of White produced its first Undead, a paladin
    in golden armor. With the legendary treasures Grant and Sanctus, Leeroy
    set out Lordran, Land of the Gods, in the first Undead mission of the
    Way of White."
    This makes me think he was from Thorlund and was sent to kindle the flame.
    Sorry if this is common knowledge he is just my favorite character and I didn't see him on the list.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun May 27, 2012 2:45 am

FattyOfDoom wrote:They believe that he is from Carim because he uses the Parrying dagger

Who uses the parrying dagger? I know the Anor Londo firekeeper does, I didn't think any other NPC's did though.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun May 27, 2012 2:46 am

Ingward uses the Ghost Blade, not the Jagged Ghost Blade or the Parrying Dagger.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sun May 27, 2012 2:50 am

Oswald and Lautrec both use the parrying dagger happy
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun May 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Just something i noticed and didn’t know where to post.

You know the illusionary wall in sens? It is IIRC the only respawning wall in the game, it is also the wall that’s the hardest to "break". You can roll through all the others but you have to attack the one in sens.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun May 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Spurgun wrote:Just something i noticed and didn’t know where to post.

You know the illusionary wall in sens? It is IIRC the only respawning wall in the game, it is also the wall that’s the hardest to "break". You can roll through all the others but you have to attack the one in sens.

Most of the time I can't even get it to break by having the snake-man or myself attack it. I typically need to use the boulder.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun May 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Shkar wrote:

Most of the time I can't even get it to break by having the snake-man or myself attack it. I typically need to use the boulder.

what wall are you talking about? im talking about the one leading to the hidden golem.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun May 27, 2012 3:10 pm

Spurgun wrote:
    Shkar wrote:

what wall are you talking about? im talking about the one leading to the hidden golem.

Oh, duh. I was thinking of the one that leads you to Logan, my bad. My mind just thought "breakable wall" and threw that one in.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun May 27, 2012 8:14 pm

It's likely been said already, but Oscar was originally designed to be a rival throughout the game, who eventually decides to side with Kaathe and become the Dark Lord. This sidestory was cut, but the fact that it was considered means that some of his messages could have been programmed into the game before it was cut, similar to the Black Eye Orb script for Shiva and Alvina's dialogue about mistrusting him being left in.

Adding support to your theory about Jeremiah, his exile might have been an imprisonment in the Painted World. He may very well be an enemy of the gods who was imprisoned there but became friends with Priscilla. He may also be the origin of the Bloated Undead- he invades in an area with cages (fresh arrivals) after you kill the torch hollows, who are the only torch hollows in the level without a bloated head. This suggests to me that he is the one infecting them and teaching them pyromancy, likely to make them into an army.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Do you have a link to this info about Oscar? Because its news to me and I always assumed from his dialogue he was either a llink the fire person/doing the third ending.
    McTwisterson

Post by McTwisterson Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Really quick, I think I have a slight information bit to add to Oscar's story in the OP. If you look around in the room you find Oscar, what happened to him is pretty clear. When he dropped the body with the key to you, he was on the roof, right? Well, directly above his prone form in the room he's in is a big hole (the source of his dramatic light beam) and he's laying on a pile of rubble.

Pretty clearly, the roof collapsed while he was navigating it.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:39 pm

+1 thank you for that. Never noticed it before.
    McTwisterson

Post by McTwisterson Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:43 pm

DoughGuy wrote:+1 thank you for that. Never noticed it before.

Sure thing! Honestly wasn't expecting such a prompt reply silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:25 pm