Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
gaybull39
Darkson
Uparkaam
WarriorOfSunlight
deadagain
ublug
ViralEnsign_
Rynoa
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Imarreteet23
Emergence
nsane32
Tolvo
WyrmHero
JohnnyHarpoon
Serious_Much
Spurgun
DxV04
22 posters

Game informer gives Dragons Dogma an 8.5 score. FYI

Poll

Like or Do not like?

[ 18 ]
    Game informer gives Dragons Dogma an 8.5 score. FYI - Page 2 I_vote_lcap95%Game informer gives Dragons Dogma an 8.5 score. FYI - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [95%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Game informer gives Dragons Dogma an 8.5 score. FYI - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Game informer gives Dragons Dogma an 8.5 score. FYI - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [5%] 

Total Votes: 19
    Poll closed
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Game informer gives Dragons Dogma an 8.5 score. FYI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game informer gives Dragons Dogma an 8.5 score. FYI

Post by DxV04 Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:51 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Does anyone else find it impossibly difficult to choose classes in RPGs? That is one thing DkS uses that makes it great. I don't have to choose.

Anywho you sold me man. I'm preordering it asap,

Not me, I usually am set way before I buy the game. For this game I plan to be pure heavy melee. My main pawn will be a magic caster, the one supporting pawn will be an enchanter and the last one another caster. I will see how far i get with those.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Game informer gives Dragons Dogma an 8.5 score. FYI - Page 2 Empty Re: Game informer gives Dragons Dogma an 8.5 score. FYI

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:32 am

"Does he look like a tank? Okay I'm good. Does he not look like a tank? Let's fix that."-Tolvo on making characters in RPG's.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:49 am

DxV04 wrote:
    Rynoa wrote:I want that game!
    But, I'm a little concerned about fighting, it seems a bit too... god-of-warish in some of the videos I've seen. Actually I like God of war, just it's not the kind of fighting I'd want in this kind of game :o

I have never played God of War but seen a few videos. I guess the main thing I want to point out and please correct me if I am wrong but your main character just like in DkS does have a stamina bar. I don't know but I don't think God of War's main character has a stamina bar or does he?

I will be looking forward to using everyone's pawns. big grin

No stamina bar, but I saw a video of Dragon Dogma where the guy was running up and down rocks to shoot arrows and finally climbed ON a troll to kill him :shock: <-- that was very god-of-warish big grin
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:33 am

The melee combat looks a bit assassins creed'ish to me, at least that's better than god of war (imo). I always pick a sword and board class, and only use magic as support.
    I haven't read a whole lot about the game, but to those who know: are there any online play/interaction apart from the pawns?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:34 am

I'm hoping it's neither AC or GoW combat, I like the feel of Dark Souls so I was hoping a little bit like but of course with changes, but I can't really say what it is until I get my hands on it.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:45 am

GOW there is no stamina bar there is magic but no stamina but the game look close to dark souls and is worth a look
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:40 pm

ublug wrote:The melee combat looks a bit assassins creed'ish to me, at least that's better than god of war (imo). I always pick a sword and board class, and only use magic as support.
    I haven't read a whole lot about the game, but to those who know: are there any online play/interaction apart from the pawns?

Nope the pawns are the only online feature of the game. However, the pawns are not merely a fighting NPC. The will bring you treasures from other gamers worlds and knowledge that can help you in your quest. Also, if they have experience with with a beast that you have not fought before they will tell you how to beat it. How deep will this system be is the biggest question I have.

As far as combat the melee could be compared to assasins creed but there is no sorcery or magic in assasins creed like there is in this game from what I know and the class system is quite interesting.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Aw man, it is like Assassin's creed? Damnit.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:42 pm

nsane32 wrote:GOW there is no stamina bar there is magic but no stamina but the game look close to dark souls and is worth a look

If you watch the OXM reviews which are pretty good they compare the physicality of the action in the game to that of Dark Souls.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Tolvo wrote:Aw man, it is like Assassin's creed? Damnit.

No I am not saying that. I can't say that because I have not played it. What I am saying is to some it could look a bit like assassins creed in the melee part of it.

I don't get that view from watching the melee part of it. The only time I get the assassins creed vibe is when I see them jumping on the roof tops.

If you have time you really should watch the OXM reviews and the 2 hour streams where the developers are playing.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Aw two hours? Can't you just do it fore me and tell me what you think of...Oh...You're already doing that. I'll load it up and watch bits and pieces as the night goes on, I'm just feeling a bit drained right now. I'm awaiting the demo, I really hope it doesn't feel like AC. I'm not saying it is a bad game series, but AC is one of my most Hated modern game series, alongside CoD. I'm not saying either is bad, just that I don't enjoy them. So I'm really hoping it isn't too similar.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:59 pm

I don't think it will be like AC at all. But thats from my point of view.

I think once you start watching it you will not be able to stop silly
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:23 pm

watch this is the OXM preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrCiV4LOYk4
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:27 am

I hope I didn't start the whole GoW/AC discussion, I really AM looking forward to this game, I'm just concerned about some aspects big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 am

Alright, looks pretty great. The Difficulty, actually useful teamates, need to leave early so you aren't out in the dark, the planning, environment, travel, everything looks great. It doesn't remind me of GoW or AC, I think it looks very fun and will really need to get my hands on the demo.

Though I'm tempted to buy the game just based upon the fact that you can make fat men with huge visible nipples.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:21 pm

DxV04 wrote:watch this is the OXM preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrCiV4LOYk4

that just awesome I love the darkness aspect now I am getting it no matter what happens see you all on there in a month or so silly
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:28 pm

I pre ordered it a month ago lol
    You can fight dragons while riding them, that was all I needed to see.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:23 pm

I'm getting it, also I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned what happens when it becomes night time. If you haven't you should check it out on Youtube.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Is the only way of dodging attacks walking?

"Oh ****. A dragon is going to punch me. Hmm, I could roll away... Nah, screw it. I'll just wa..."
    *splat*
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:51 am

of course you can roll but if you ran out of stamina just like DkS you are nor rolling.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:52 am

deadagain wrote:I pre ordered it a month ago lol
    You can fight dragons while riding them, that was all I needed to see.

Love your avatar pic LOL
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:28 am

The game looks cool generally, but the walking animation looks weird... no? I know I'm picky...

Also it looks a bit too... colourful... for my taste..

Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:42 am

And the shadows are WAY too dark and there are no smooth transitions between lit areas and shadows of bigger objects... THAT IS NOT HOW LIGHTING WORKS (just giving constructive critisism)

I'm not the 1 negative vote btw! :affraid:
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri May 11, 2012 6:41 pm

By the way game informer gave it 8.5 big grin
    gaybull39
    gaybull39

Post by gaybull39 Fri May 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Pre-ordered already, been really looking forward to this game, Dark souls will be taking a hiatus for a little bit...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:32 am