Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Ecko
SunlightCrusader
Delvanoc
Kalliros
ZikoLogiKa NL
Al1000
Quarik
Glutebrah
Federally
WorldSlayerPIKA
Dr. Demento
DoughGuy
Fuzzlewhack
User
Nate the Great
Sunbro4evar
ViralEnsign_
WyrmHero
DxV04
23 posters

Gravelord Instructions: How to properly spread misery.

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

gravelord - Gravelord Instructions: How to properly spread misery.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gravelord Instructions: How to properly spread misery.

Post by DxV04 Wed May 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Ahh I see ok then I shall add it to my list of things to do.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

gravelord - Gravelord Instructions: How to properly spread misery.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Gravelord Instructions: How to properly spread misery.

Post by Federally Thu May 10, 2012 12:45 am

I agree Acidic's method is more adventurous, but its freaking hard. I tried following it and after a couple hours work I had died in New Londo and had no more curses to continue or even go get my booodstain. The next day I saw Vegeta's video, got home and 15 minutes after making a new warrior I was a level 7 gravelord. So if you're interested in haste its a great way to do it and may help get more people to be gravelords!

Also its super easy I'm pretty bad at DkS and I got it done, took me a few more tries tho.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri May 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Well, the post is indeed old. I now jsut go into the Catacomsb without going to New Londo, buying only about 30 firebombs and a reinforced club... sometimes just a club, as its cheaper and I level by scaling strength first anyways.

The trick is to knock the skeletons down when their immortal, or at least kill them and run away. Aim for the necromancers first, ALWAYS, when you can. Firebombs help with that. Take the shortcuts, always, and be good with survival.

It is hard, yes... but the rewards are always great. Besides, how boring would it be if we always took the easiest routes, eh?

lol
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri May 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Well, the post is indeed old. I now jsut go into the Catacomsb without going to New Londo, buying only about 30 firebombs and a reinforced club... sometimes just a club, as its cheaper and I level by scaling strength first anyways.

The trick is to knock the skeletons down when their immortal, or at least kill them and run away. Aim for the necromancers first, ALWAYS, when you can. Firebombs help with that. Take the shortcuts, always, and be good with survival.

It is hard, yes... but the rewards are always great. Besides, how boring would it be if we always took the easiest routes, eh?

lol

Lol well naked running through catacombs at SL7 isn't exactly easy. It's just a different kind of challenge. And it feels good to be a level 7 gravelord in the Burg!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri May 11, 2012 3:14 pm

True, but unnecessary. if yo have not noticed, the Burg is a very large hot spot for much of the Dark Souls community. if you go there at a level any higher, you will see Darkwraiths or two there. There is a lot of combat at the burg, from high to low.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri May 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:True, but unnecessary. if yo have not noticed, the Burg is a very large hot spot for much of the Dark Souls community. if you go there at a level any higher, you will see Darkwraiths or two there. There is a lot of combat at the burg, from high to low.

There is a big difference between Gravelording in the Burg and just being human. 99% of the Darkwraiths in the Burg are just douche bags using cheap tactics and absurdly epic gear. When I'm gravelording I mostly attract new players who were curious about my weird soul sign or experienced legit players who just want a good fight. It also allows me to set the tone of the encounter, I can decide where SoVs spawn, spawn them right by the Burg bonfire, then run down to the open area where they can see. I bow to display my intent and wait for them to start the engagement. This has drastically improved the over all experience of Burg PvP.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri May 11, 2012 3:34 pm

I gravelorded the Burg as level 35 two days ago. I got attacked by more than one blue twice when I gravelorded.

Trust me, there is a good amount of people that reside there. of course, like everywhere in lordran, in depends on where the community moves to.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sat May 12, 2012 1:32 pm

ok i have a question, so i was Grave lorded (noticed it in Undead Parish) searched everywhere didn't find sign. gave up moved to Darkwood Garden and i am cursed there also. so i assume the Curse follows you, but does the sign follow you? or is it hidden some where in undead parish? i have been cursed for over 24 hours so far.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat May 12, 2012 2:05 pm

Glutebrah wrote:ok i have a question, so i was Grave lorded (noticed it in Undead Parish) searched everywhere didn't find sign. gave up moved to Darkwood Garden and i am cursed there also. so i assume the Curse follows you, but does the sign follow you? or is it hidden some where in undead parish? i have been cursed for over 24 hours so far.

According to Acidic's and Whiskey's research unlike previously thought once the gravelord moves to another area the BPs will remain there. So if the same gravelord cursed you in the Parish left and went to Darkwood and cursed it also.

The curse follows not you but the gravelord since he is the source of the BPs. The sign follows the gravelord so if you did not find it in the Parish is because he left and most likely went to Darkwood.

I will proceed to update the instructions.

Your curse will only be removed is the disasters are gone message registers in your game. Either via the death of the main gravelord that cursed you or another one entering your lobby.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sat May 12, 2012 2:18 pm

DxV04 wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:ok i have a question, so i was Grave lorded (noticed it in Undead Parish) searched everywhere didn't find sign. gave up moved to Darkwood Garden and i am cursed there also. so i assume the Curse follows you, but does the sign follow you? or is it hidden some where in undead parish? i have been cursed for over 24 hours so far.

the thing is if i run back and forth between garden and parish i see BPs in both, i have no idea where to even begin looking for this guys sign. would a curse stay with me if he logs off?? i dont see that as a way to break the curse on main page.

According to Acidic's and Whiskey's research unlike previously thought once the gravelord moves to another area the BPs will remain there. So if the same gravelord cursed you in the Parish left and went to Darkwood and cursed it also.

The curse follows not you but the gravelord since he is the source of the BPs. The sign follows the gravelord so if you did not find it in the Parish is because he left and most likely went to Darkwood.

Your curse will only be removed is the disasters are gone message registers in your game. Either via the death of the main gravelord that cursed you or another one entering your lobby.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sat May 12, 2012 2:19 pm

DxV04 wrote:

the thing is if i run back and forth between garden and parish i see BPs in both, i have no idea where to even begin looking for this guys sign. I'm gonna run into Sen's and see if i see any BPs there.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat May 12, 2012 3:08 pm

Right, he cursed both areas that is why you see them in both places. What is your sl at the moment?

Also he is probably gone and you will need to find another gravelord sign. Do you want to get rid of your BPs?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sat May 12, 2012 3:50 pm

DxV04 wrote:Right, he cursed both areas that is why you see them in both places. What is your sl at the moment?

Also he is probably gone and you will need to find another gravelord sign. Do you want to get rid of your BPs?

SL 120, i don't care about the BPs just want to invade and fight the guy, i get cursed all the time now in those 2 areas and search the whole level every time and never see the signs, then get the message some one else killed him. i wanna invade him for once!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat May 12, 2012 3:54 pm

lol! Ahhh Ok well if he is following the guide you should find him where you find all the other signs. Either by the back door of the parish en route to the bonfire or by the bonfire in the forest or inside alvinas by the stairs. Good luck finding the GL hehe
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri May 18, 2012 6:22 pm

I'm considering GLing in Sens and shooting people with a DS Greatbow. If you use an EoD, does the sign drop where you used it and stay there or what? Also, do you have to use them over and over as you kill SoVs or does it just recurse worlds automatically?
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri May 18, 2012 6:32 pm

Quarik wrote:I'm considering GLing in Sens and shooting people with a DS Greatbow. If you use an EoD, does the sign drop where you used it and stay there or what? Also, do you have to use them over and over as you kill SoVs or does it just recurse worlds automatically?

The sign will move with you. So if you use the EoD in the area where the first 2 man serpents are then move to another part of Sen's the sign will go with you to the new part. Essentially where you stand.

The EoD recurses worlds automatically. You only need one EoD and the effect does not wear out until the following:

Cancelling the Effect
    The Gravelording effect will be cancelled if you:

- warp from a bonfire.
    - use a homeward bone or the Homeward miracle
    - die
    - exit the game or sign out of PSN

If you do any of the above then you will need to use a new EoD.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri May 18, 2012 6:39 pm

So then the sign moves with you, but the invasion points are set. I think I'll set up a separate GL char, this one was made as a DW.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri May 18, 2012 6:41 pm

Trying to set a trap for Sen's. They probably would die trying to reach at your bow camping spot. They may not last very ling at all, and they can't invade you I'd they have a white phantom, so if they seek help good bye with ya plan.

You want them to come fast? Lay your GL at the easiest spot for them to reach you. That should help you.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri May 18, 2012 6:44 pm

@ Acidic or Quarik.

My biggest concern is SL range. Noting what Acidic said, what sl will you be doing this at? Or should be doing this at?
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri May 18, 2012 6:45 pm

My Sens pvp builds are at 30. Turns out that using the DS bow at 30 means base vit.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri May 18, 2012 6:49 pm

So this sl is based on your DW's sl? Maybe once you do a trail test run you might have to bump it up to 50. This is based on another forum thread where the guy is making a castle defender toon. He will do it at sl 50. However, I am not sure if he is using a gravelord to do this.
    Al1000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Al1000 Thu May 24, 2012 8:38 am

DxV04,
    any chance to put my video Gravelord tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-TzeyuF1_c) in your OP of this threat.

BTW, have you seen my late Anor Londo Infection?
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu May 24, 2012 9:08 am

Al1000 wrote:DxV04,
    any chance to put my video Gravelord tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-TzeyuF1_c) in your OP of this threat.

BTW, have you seen my late Anor Londo Infection?

Hey! Nice to see your bro! Yes I saw you tutorial and I will definitely add it to the OP. And I also saw your BP infection. I like the route you took which surprised me to find some BPs in those areas.

I will be adding that to the Anor londo section of the cursebook...sigh.,... so many things to do LOL
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu May 24, 2012 9:15 am

I am sure you will get it done, comrade.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu May 24, 2012 9:25 am

Proper Bow Thanks Acidic, I should have ample time this weekend.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 pm