Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
russiannightmare
Wolfgrey666
reim0027
Yukon
Yesuurd
callipygias
bloodpixel
WyrmHero
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
RANT
cloudyeki
16 posters

I find your use of faith.... Disturbing

Poll

Am I the only one?

[ 12 ]
    I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 3 I_vote_lcap60%I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [60%] 
    [ 4 ]
    I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 3 I_vote_lcap20%I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 4 ]
    I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 3 I_vote_lcap20%I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [20%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 3 Empty Re: I find your use of faith.... Disturbing

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:16 am

He was referring to when farmers are force to fight the trash I believe, I don't know about him but if I see someone who seems like a duellist or a new player fighting the Forest Hunter NPC's, I just wait along side them and let them heal up. If they seem like a new player, I bow to them and leave, if they're a duellist, I bow and duel.

In regards to Miracle Use, I think it's fine to use WotG in a duel as long as you don't use it as a means to just get a kill or run away, running away to heal in a duel anyway is a no no, so I'd humanity up and Stunlock a person for that.

If the person was going for the boss, they can WoG as much as they want, killing an invader while going for a boss is anything goes, defend the host, host stay alive. But in organized duelling, I prefer not to use GC or WotG for a quick instantly kill during the fight, it's almost insulting. Like, "I was cool to play nice until now, but let's just throw that out the window and kill you." A sudden Fireball at the end or emit force I don't care about, it's just that with lag you can instantly kill a person out of no where with those, it's like going for a pivot BS in the middle of a duel.

I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 3 Empty Re: I find your use of faith.... Disturbing

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:19 am

cloudyeki wrote:It's been happening more often in the forest actually. The farmers, they're evolving!

A fight is as much control of the field as it is landing hits. Ever notice how some places are natural duel spots?
    Nothing wrong with farming I do it solo to up the invasion rate & to allow me to invade others if the forest gnomes are taking a brake. I gotta ask though WTH is up with AFK forest gnomes? I find myself circling them twice to see if they're active followed by backstabbing to get them out of my world.

@ Tolvo problem is most of the time they'll stay next to the cleric or someting abusing its heal or try to get behind me for a bs as the thief & or mage are trying to attack me. Or better yet they hide with the large group of trees then get mad when I WOTG or EF them along with the group of monsters. I would generally save my spells for situations like that or when it's 2/3 vs 1.

Last edited by Oo1Zer0 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:21 am

They AFK so another hunter can do all the work. Absolutely detest them, because if you are getting gank and you come across one of them, it means you aren't getting any help as long as they're there. It stinks because they'll still get souls if you take out the host.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:22 am

When people use the term farmer in PvP they typically refer to groups of 2-4 people waiting to gank invaders, a form of griefing. Waiting to duel invaders no one has an issue with, if they do, I just...I don't understand how anyone can be angry about people waiting solo.

The AFK hunters are Hunters that you should kill right away. They're traitors to the cov, they AFK hoping that while they're away other hunters will kill the hosts for them so they get a reward. If you have a dark hand, feel free to drain them of humanity as well.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:22 am

Oo1Zer0 wrote:
    cloudyeki wrote:It's been happening more often in the forest actually. The farmers, they're evolving!

A fight is as much control of the field as it is landing hits. Ever notice how some places are natural duel spots?
    Nothing wrong with farming I do it solo to up the invasion rate & to allow me to invade others if the forest gnomes are taking a brake. I gotta ask though WTH is up with AFK forest gnomes? I find myself circling them twice to see if they're active followed by backstabbing to get them out of my world.

theyre farming souls while sleeping, they usually are naked. they leave the cat ring on and just leave, eveyr time someone else kills a host they get the souls too, i find it smart and annoying for the honest forest hunters.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:26 am

O I didn't even consider stealing their humanity! I'm so gona do that next time I find one.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:27 am

Please do. I'm sick of them. I get ganked just about every time one of those guys are there.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:28 am

When I host I do that to them, and get a lot of angry messages. Well, you shouldn't have been afk while invading to get free souls, oh well.
    Wolfgrey666
    Wolfgrey666

Post by Wolfgrey666 Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:28 am

Tolvo wrote:When people use the term farmer in PvP they typically refer to groups of 2-4 people waiting to gank invaders, a form of griefing. Waiting to duel invaders no one has an issue with, if they do, I just...I don't understand how anyone can be angry about people waiting solo.

The AFK hunters are Hunters that you should kill right away. They're traitors to the cov, they AFK hoping that while they're away other hunters will kill the hosts for them so they get a reward. If you have a dark hand, feel free to drain them of humanity as well.

Hehe i have done that.Just Dark Hand them til i can get no more then kill them.I did kick one all the way across the area to a cliff to see if he would come back.Since he didnt, i did one last dark hand R2 and laughed as he went off the cliff. Oddly enough the host was happy watching me.And we even took turns kicking him over to the cliff.Was great fun.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:30 am

Tolvo, Wolf, you two are evil, and I love you both for it big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:31 am

I also carry acid surge sometimes. big grin
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:33 am

oh btw tolvo, you've been summoned here
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:33 am

Already typing a response actually haha.
    Wolfgrey666
    Wolfgrey666

Post by Wolfgrey666 Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:34 am

cloudyeki wrote:Tolvo, Wolf, you two are evil, and I love you both for it big grin

Well thank you I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 3 3149687655Gravelord Sword Dance popping them off a cliff is fun too.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:49 am

Dragon bone fisting over cliff > Gravelord sword dance.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:17 am

+1 to Wolf for the story.

I can see why you think pyromancy is unfair but if someone spends a lot of souls upgrading it and its a central part of their character you cant blame them for using it. Even for miracles if someone spends a their souls levelling up their faith to make a miracke build if they're not using it in a fight they can be puting themsleves at a disadvantage. I think the main problem is the lack of context (talking about non multiple casters here). You never get to see what another persons char is. If they're heavily invested in magic I know its a lot more powerful than a sword but they shouldnt have people angry at them for using their char's options.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:44 pm

Use whatever you like outside of chain GC, WotG, and TWoP. PvE no holds barred, but TWoP is ridiculous in pvp, GC is op, and Wrath has a place but stacking 9 casts of it and spamming it is just lame. There's no skill to it, and unless the enemy dodges perfectly 9 TIMES IN A ROW they could easily be killed by a bs or something as they stand up. For me, it all comes down to balancing issues. For instance, I believe that soul spear and it's variation are slightly underpowered because they are so easy to dodge. Even if you fatroll you can dodge them easily. Same goes for lightning spears.
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:37 pm

Tolvo wrote:Plus I think it's a lot easier to just tackle a situation.

"Alright, now if I use CHSM I can trick them into rolling this way and unlock, then using CSS I can hit them for half their health, I can then buff my weapon to pressure them into running and striking them from behind as they flee."

"I'm gonna hit him in the face with a hammer!"

It's so much simpler.
    Lol! On topic most of my characters use Faith so definitely no. But I'm not to fond of sorcery, probably due to the fact that I've only ever made one character using it but quit before Oreos and Smores.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:55 pm

I don't have an issue w/ any spells. Stack 'em, spam 'em, do whatever you want, we all have the same tools and they all have counters. Faith, pyro, sorc... everything is all good in my book.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:25 am