Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
PlasticandRage
Yukon
FruitPunchNinja
johnnyjwa
Hylian
BartholomewWenceslas
Saturnine Knight
Emergence
Serious_Much
skarekrow13
Reaperfan
berkut
TheNudgeMan
ChizFreak
Rin
Artorias
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
marth
callipygias
dirkdeadeye
RANT
bloodpixel
CrackSouls
DxV04
Wade_Wilson
Sunbro4evar
30 posters

Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users...

Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users... - Page 2 Empty Re: Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users...

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:45 pm

http://www.change.org/petitions/from-software-namco-bandai-release-the-dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition-s-extra-content-on-consoles
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users... - Page 2 Empty Re: Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users...

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:46 pm

Don't get your jimmies rustled up, just because there's been no announcement doesn't mean there's not going to be DLC.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:51 pm

well i hope that they are just trolling us with the silence on a console dlc... but if from are not planning on a console dlc a lot of drs players will go mad as its unfair and totaly stupid to not allow people that played souls from week 1 to lay ther hands on something they deserve
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Artorias wrote:http://www.change.org/petitions/from-software-namco-bandai-release-the-dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition-s-extra-content-on-consoles

You should rename the topic, put it Dark Souls DLC for consoles petition. And then pass the link all around the internetz.
    TheNudgeMan

Post by TheNudgeMan Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:00 pm

callipygias wrote:Even if I only got 100 hours of entertainment from Dark Souls, let alone 1,000, I'd have absolutely no problem buying an entirely new disc for dlc.

I would have no problem buying two copies....

One to play.
    One to salivate over all the way home from the store.
    TheNudgeMan

Post by TheNudgeMan Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:07 pm

marth wrote:I DID make a petition for this, while I think it's a bit early still nice to show them that we do want this. http://chn.ge/HBmz84

Way ahead of u....

https://www.change.org/petitions/namco-bandai-games-from-software-additional-dark-souls-pc-content-as-console-s-dlc-please

Yet u already seem to have more signatures.
    Well i guess we all know who the favourite child is! :suspect:
    Iv'e already signed yours and I would sign a thousand more if I had to!

I'm sure they'll come to their senses though, right?.....right??
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Not all of us PC gamers pirate sad
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:23 pm

The announcement has been official for less than a day, can we show some patience? Sometime in the next few days is when they will probably let it be known what is going on with consoles. Nobody has said anything about it NOT coming to consoles, and it hasn't been long enough for it to even be considered "silence on the issue." They're probably gonna give the PC release information time to sink in with both the Dark Souls and the PC Gaming communities, and then let us know further. Remember, if there is one thing this announcement will do is it will get the PC Gaming community real excited, and given the size of the PC Gaming community, us original Dark Souls'ers will become less than half of the Dark Souls scene when this is released. A wave is coming...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:30 pm

There was an interview with Miyazaki (hope I spelled it right) where he clarified that they never intended to do dlc but would if there was enough fan support.
    TheNudgeMan

Post by TheNudgeMan Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:33 pm

so then it's settled. if there was enough fan support to convince them to port it to PC then i think we're in safe hands.

panic over people. back to work. nothing to see here. Joy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:34 pm

The photo is funny.

However, it's a little early to shout out "foul play!", give a little time, even if console users have to pay for it we will get the extra content, you gotta remember that these guys are a business first and foremost. Pissing off their fans and not taking an opportunity for extra capital is something they simply won't do.

We will get that content, but I'm sure that sadly we'll be paying extra for it.

Edit: Just watched the actual Trailer for it.. This thing is being released in just less than 5 months time.. I wouldn't bet against DLC being released for the console versions before the PC game evem hits the shelves.

Last edited by Serious_Much on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Topics merged to prevent duplicate spam
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Emergence wrote:Topics merged to prevent duplicate spam

Very good sir winking

Another thought I'd had, but has anyone considered the possibility of the "Prepare to Die Edition" being a separate game from the original? I'm thinking something like Super Street Fighter IV here, where there was enough new content to warrant releasing it separately as a "Super Edition" as opposed to just DLC'ing the content into the original.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    Emergence wrote:Topics merged to prevent duplicate spam

Very good sir winking

Another thought I'd had, but has anyone considered the possibility of the "Prepare to Die Edition" being a separate game from the original? I'm thinking something like Super Street Fighter IV here, where there was enough new content to warrant releasing it separately as a "Super Edition" as opposed to just DLC'ing the content into the original.

You mean like the same difference as Marketing each COD Modern warfare as a slightly different but just extra enough content to warrant separate release?

FROM aint douches, and I don't think that they're release the same game (basically) twice just for the cash.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Serious_Much wrote:FROM aint douches, and I don't think that they're release the same game (basically) twice just for the cash.

Another little detail about the Super Street Fighter IV reference is that SSFIV was released at a lower-than-original price. If we end up having to pay for the supposed DLC then this doesn't seem like too bad of an alternative as long as they keep the Prepare to Die Edition's price slashed a bit. Besides, this seems easier from a console standpoint as a way to distribute all this extra content out, and given the 5 or so months until the actual release it seems to fit the finishing production timings companies have of "we've finished the game, all that's left is to wait on factories to make copies and distribute them to retailers."
    Saturnine Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Saturnine Knight Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:50 pm

If it is computer only, I'm going to be writing a very very angry letter, after I go out and buy a new computer to play this on.

Very angry indeed.

Jokes aside; I'm almost sure the new content is going to be PC only. The business managers are banking on people to love it enough to get it on PC too, or to bring in new people with fancy bells and whistles. I'm sure they're already working on a sequel, not a DLC.

Sure, I'd love to be proven wrong. But I don't think I'm going to be.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:52 pm

Yea they would just ditch their loyal fans who made the port possible financially right :?:
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:18 pm

From is not the locomotive behind this engine people. Do not make the mistake of castigating them yet. Until we hear otherwise, this is Namco product, Namco pushed, and Namco making all the decisions on the where's and when's.

Please, I implore you to not let the wrong party take flak.

Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Yeah i guess, from knows better. big grin
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:50 pm

The thing about Namco being in charge is they're much more likely to push things for money, so a DLC would be likely from them to get that extra cash. Or at least, that's the smart thing to do. And maybe, if Namco ignores us, then From will release something even better exclusive to consoles (one can only hope...)
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:57 pm

if they dont release DLC I'll invade FromSoft studio as a spirit of vengeance and make them pay, promise.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:31 am

If you go to http://www.preparetodie.com/uk/preorder/ you can see two sides. Theres the xbox/ps3 side and the pc side. On the console side it appears there is a box representing the new edition as a dlc/new game. Just a thought. =)

Last edited by johnnyjwa on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:41 am; edited 2 times in total
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:25 am

Hey, nice find. I find it funny though that Xbox and PS3 are rated RP yet the expansion is M.
    Saturnine Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Saturnine Knight Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:56 am

So does anybody else see that "available on PC only" writing up there at the top?

I hope that's just an error.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:43 am

The boxart for the ps3 and xbox is regular boxart not the new one

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:55 am