Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
PlasticandRage
Yukon
FruitPunchNinja
johnnyjwa
Hylian
BartholomewWenceslas
Saturnine Knight
Emergence
Serious_Much
skarekrow13
Reaperfan
berkut
TheNudgeMan
ChizFreak
Rin
Artorias
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
marth
callipygias
dirkdeadeye
RANT
bloodpixel
CrackSouls
DxV04
Wade_Wilson
Sunbro4evar
30 posters

Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users...

Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users... - Page 4 Empty Re: Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users...

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Yeah, source please. I highly doubt that anyone other than From Software could make something like this.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users... - Page 4 Empty Re: Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users...

Post by Artorias Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:07 pm

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-27785-Dark-Souls-Prepare-to-Die-Edition-on-PC-to-Have-Enhanced-Online-PvP.html
    Second paragraph
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:39 pm

bloodpixel wrote:
    SlakeMoth wrote:This has whipped up more hyperbole than the Mass Effect 3 ending but not as much as the fact that the PC version is being released on GfWL. (And no, I haven't played Mass Effect). I seriously wonder about where the world is going when people get so steamed up about a video game and when quite a lot of the human population on this planet don't know where their next meal is coming from and have no access to clean water, let alone electricity. Food for thought, if you'll excuse the pun.
    You could use that argument for everything. Why did you only give me 5 beans for lunch? Hey, there are people out there who would kill to have that food! Be grateful! Mom, I broke my arm. Shut up! There are people who lose their heads. Just be grateful. Hey, this guy is paralyzed. Who cares? At least he's got food and water. He should be happy he has that! I know those are extreme examples, but we've all been angry about something trivial before.

Granted. However, I still think that we need to keep a sense of proportion over this.
    Po1ymorph
    Po1ymorph

Post by Po1ymorph Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:43 pm

In January of this year some From dev's were interviewed on a Japanese radio station. ENB posted a link to a translation of it on his you tube channle, a chap called Kaelsmith

Hers the link http://pastebin.com/u/kaelsmith

There were asked about DLC...

(I): Is there any plans for DLC? It was said we might have it during development so I want to know your current plans.

(P): Honestly we have had some troubles for some time so we didn't have a chance for that discussion as well as other around us. So we probably will start discussion now. I can't say we will or will not have it but I do want to get one out in some way.

PS: The quotes in the OP from IGN, are from when the game was released. Things change. A PC release is testament to this. They said there would be no PC release, now there is.

The truth is we dont know one way or the other if they will release DLC for the console's. And we wont know until From or Bamco say "yes" or "no" in the coming monthes.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:07 pm

Artorias wrote:http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-27785-Dark-Souls-Prepare-to-Die-Edition-on-PC-to-Have-Enhanced-Online-PvP.html
    Second paragraph

I don't know how I feel about that. I don't have nearly the faith in Namco/Bandai as I do in From.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:Yeah, source please. I highly doubt that anyone other than From Software could make something like this.

Very possible if you are using already made assets that were scrapped for the final cuts.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Emergence wrote:
    Wade_Wilson wrote:Yeah, source please. I highly doubt that anyone other than From Software could make something like this.

Very possible if you are using already made assets that were scrapped for the final cuts.

Then surely it's still technically made my From, no? Anyway, that "development team" at Bamco could include people from From Software. Relax people, I have faith that they wont screw up.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:21 pm

The issue isn't the quality, it is whether or not that will be released as DLC. Remember in Japan, Namco did not publish the game. If this isn't content that From owns, can or is willing to add to their game in Japan via DLC or patch, you can bet no one else gets it because online play is global. Keep in mind that From is likely already entirely dedicated as a team on their next title. They are not a large company, and would have little resources to spare focusing on content delivery, since Japan would be their entire responsibility.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Yeah next time they better chose a better publisher * cough sony cough*
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:25 pm

NOOOO NOT SONY!
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:39 pm

If Sony publishes it then I won't be able to play it sad And I don't have enough money to shell out for a PS3 (though if a new souls game is PS3 exclusive again, I might just have to find a way)
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:43 pm

It will be released as DLC simply for the fact that it will make money. They'd be crazy not to do it. I don't care who owns the rights to it, it doesn't matter who owns the rights to it. It's coming out as DLC, one way or another.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:56 pm

This reminds me of the times I bought this game for 10 bucks, spent 10 more bucks buying dlcs, and 1 month later the entire thing comes out for 5 bucks.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:52 pm

"This edition of the game is our gift to the fans.”

Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users... - Page 4 2707236321 it better be. the percentage of fans with high end pcs is small im sure.DLC plz
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:58 pm

"This edition of the game is our gift to the fans. You know, those PC elitists who probably have never played a souls game who hate console people where the game actually began."
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:02 pm

im crossing my fingers that the lack of dlc announcement is do to the fact they want to really get those pre orders in and make sure it was worth putting it on pc profit wise. i think we will get dlc on consoles.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Artorias wrote:http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-27785-Dark-Souls-Prepare-to-Die-Edition-on-PC-to-Have-Enhanced-Online-PvP.html
    Second paragraph

Well, it could go either way. Maybe we won't get anything in consoles. Then again who knows. I will just have fun playing demon souls until the end of may.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm