Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
tristtan
nsane32
meridam99
Uparkaam
Zechk
Yarxov
reim0027
Yesuurd
ChizFreak
Buggy Virus
skarekrow13
djgq42
PlasticandRage
Rynn
Hippie Krystalz
19 posters

Why don't I just upgrade my Drake Sword if it's my most powerful weapon?

Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Why don't I just upgrade my Drake Sword if it's my most powerful weapon? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why don't I just upgrade my Drake Sword if it's my most powerful weapon?

Post by Extertionist Fri May 04, 2012 5:45 pm

I would to the dark souls wiki for that. In order from best to worst: S, A, B, C, D, E, -.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Why don't I just upgrade my Drake Sword if it's my most powerful weapon? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why don't I just upgrade my Drake Sword if it's my most powerful weapon?

Post by Quarik Fri May 04, 2012 6:03 pm

I'm not sure why people don't like the Great Scythe. The range is ridiculous, it does have wide sweeping attacks, it can dead angle like a boss, and it does pretty good damage. Granted, it's a little unwieldy, but if you know how to use it you won't ever stop moving and allow someone to hit you.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri May 04, 2012 7:09 pm

tristtan wrote:How do you know how each particular weapon scales with your stats???

When looking at the stats of your weapon you'll see letter classes.

A-E. This tells you how well it scales, as well when a weapon gets upgraded the scale goes with it. So a B in dex can become an S for certain weapons. While an E will only raise to a C, and some just don't get enough to pump them up a full scale level. Obviously A-C, good scaling. D-E, almost no scaling.
    Seth Winternight
    Seth Winternight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seth Winternight Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:55 am

In terms of the lifehunt scythe, it plays a very big advantage to the wielder who A: Will have high endurance for more bleed resistance, or B: The bloodbite ring. It does leave you more open than most greatswords, but like weapons such as the zweihander, it's really powerful each hit.

The only issue I see with it, is that you surely must have enough poise so you won't be staggered if they close in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:18 am