Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
demonofelru
FruitPunchNinja
DoughGuy
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Turin
Serious_Much
JoeBroski09
Artorias
Emergence
Chaos Spectre
Kaminari
User
WyrmHero
Yukon
skarekrow13
Uparkaam
Tolvo
NedroidPrime
22 posters

New interview for new content...

Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

New interview for new content... - Page 2 Empty Re: New interview for new content...

Post by Chaos Spectre Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Any chance this is on youtube, my computer is very crappy and lags the crap out of a video if its not on youtube.
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

New interview for new content... - Page 2 Empty Re: New interview for new content...

Post by NedroidPrime Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:53 pm

ChaosServantSpectre wrote:Any chance this is on youtube, my computer is very crappy and lags the crap out of a video if its not on youtube.

Just got posted to GameTrailers today. Sorry...
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:55 pm

Dang, I'll see if I can find a way to get it to work
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:00 pm

Didn't sound like the Painted World gets the content. He said the new content would be accessed in a similar manner to PW, so via portal etc.
    NedroidPrime
    NedroidPrime
    Regular
    Regular

Post by NedroidPrime Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:05 pm

Emergence wrote:Didn't sound like the Painted World gets the content. He said the new content would be accessed in a similar manner to PW, so via portal etc.

I thought he said it would be near the Painted World.

I really hope they don't do it as portals. That just feels kinda cheap with what already exists in the game, what with all the sealed doors and all.

Don't get me wrong, i'm amped for new content. However, I would hope it would have the same level of care as the rest of the game. If it is portal-based, then it will likely be short storylines that have only tenuous connections to the main story. Kinda like GTA4 and the expansions they did.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:13 pm

Wher r hoplites?
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:20 pm

He forgot to ask about DLC :roll:
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:31 pm

I think that it MAY contain Oolacile, but I think that the Bed of Chaos is covering the city of Oolacile.... Maybe. You DO find the girl by the Hydra by Darkroot Garden. So, we'll just have to see XD.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:39 pm

I just realized, he said no new covenants or miracles, BUT NOTHING ABOUT NEW PYROMANCIES OR SORCERIES!!! I GET NEW WAYS TO WATCH THE WORLD BURN!!!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:04 pm

I loved at the end when he asked about blighttown framerate, made me chuckle silly

And I think that not adding more sorceries when they're having oolacile would be silly, not sure about pyros though, not sure what else they could do with it really.
    Turin
    Turin
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Turin Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Uparkaam wrote:Thanks for sharing! happy

Destroy target nonblack, nonartifact creature. It cant be regenerated.

Tuhoa ei-musta, ei-artefaktiolento. Sitä ei voi regeneroida.

Straight from MTG, nice card, nice avatar. Way 2 go, uparkaam:lol!:
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:09 pm

The guy being interview is clearly not prepared nor does (i think) he know anything from the game, i think he is just a namco representative. I really hope there is a dlc although it is namcos decision
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:28 pm

one pic in another new content thread showed a player touching a black portal in darkroot basin near where you find dusks armor, oolacile... maybe we visit it just after its destruction but before it has been completely reclaimed by the forest via a time warp.... or maybe there are portals here and there that warp you between past and present lordran and many of those closed doors we've been obsessing over will be open in ye olde lordran?
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Thats what i was thinking too...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Well it looks like Oscar went to this new place wherever it is. More NPC lore!
    He does say "The way is will be accessed is close to the painted world which is a little bit different to your own". He then says one of the access locations will be darkroot garden. I dont think its will be new painted world content, I think he was just using the example to give us an idea and the translation made it seem ambiguous.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Yeah, there's a black portal picture that looks just like Dusk's cave. Here we come Oolacile
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:09 am

I still think the Bed of Chaos is the ruins of Oolacile, and maybe we'll get to see that happen! GAH! What if you get to see the whole intro unfold! GAHFKL:DSJFKL:dnsK:fjdskal;fjkadsl;
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:04 am

That's Izalith, the land of the witches. Oolacile was turned to ash, as well was a land all about peace. They worked on indirect magic mainly. This is nothing at all like the fire sorcery the Witches used before their flame allowed them to use Pyromancy. So I just don't see a connection there.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:14 am

Ooooh. Darn. I know there wasnt a connection. I just hadn't heard any lore about Izalith (I called it the bed of chaos cause I couldn't remember the name haha!), so I kinda made up my own little didly about the place haha!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:38 am

They are blatantly ignoring DLC news. My guess is they decided before hand that there would be no questions about it coming to consoles. That question at the very end about bligttown was kind of rude, for me after 1.05 blighttown is damn near perfect and one of my favorite areas.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:43 am

I have to agree fruitpunch, I said earlier in this thread that I didn't have any issues with blight town and that question was a literal punch to the gut, that even I felt.

I don't know why everyone is so hung up on blight town, I figured maybe I was the only one who didn't experiece the frame skips that every makes such a huge fuss about.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:45 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:They are blatantly ignoring DLC news. My guess is they decided before hand that there would be no questions about it coming to consoles. That question at the very end about bligttown was kind of rude, for me after 1.05 blighttown is damn near perfect and one of my favorite areas.

Really???? I still get the frame drops (PS3). I hate Blighttown, poison + swamp + spawning every 5 minutes mosquitoes + frames drops. The only thing I like about Blighttown is Quelana and Fight Club.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:52 am

Blightown isn't my favorite place but its far from the bane of dark souls that every one makes it out to be. Atleast from my perspective.

I didn't find many issues with it even pre-patch 1.04, it certainly is an annoying area but that was never due to frame skip for me, it was due to my general sucking, and those stupid falls that always killed me trying to get to lower BT.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:59 am

yea the frame rate issues for most only occur up on the wood walkways when you get a swarm of the infected. i did have it happen to me once or twice pre 1.05 but it was nothing to complain about really. as WyrmHero said he didnt like the poison swamp and bugs along with having a frame rate issue. So i think its not so much the frame rate anymore as people just dont like that area.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:04 am

I get framerate issues CONSTANTLY at blightown. As in, there is almost NO time where I don't have framerate issues. I also get framerate issues when sprinting up the staircase in Anor Londo right before Smough and Ornstien.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:25 am