Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Lore Pertaining to the new content (Spoilers)

Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Lore Pertaining to the new content (Spoilers) Empty Lore Pertaining to the new content (Spoilers)

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:06 am

Alright, so I went through ENB's lore series today, and checked out some of his links. I read ALL of that Japanese radio interview, and found some stuff that pertains to the new content.

Here is the proof, read through it and see for yourself
    http://pastebin.com/u/kaelsmith

So, first of all, ENB was correct, Darkroot Garden is the Ruins of Oolacile. We will all be seeing this soon with the new content. We will be seeing the old oolacile with the content, and here is why.
    Lore Pertaining to the new content (Spoilers) Portal10

This is a time portal, sending the player back in time to the land of Oolacile before it was destroyed. Judging by what the developers said, you will be trying to save Dusk. From what, however, is not explained, but part of me thinks that the Dragon there is adding an age old theme of the dragon kidnapping the princess.

The next part that captivates me is the time portal itself. It is highly theorized that Seath destroyed oolacile based on the fact that the Moonlight Butterfly is there Dusk is trapped in a Crystal Golem, crystal golems are there in general, and Seath also created invisible flooring in the crystal caves. Seath may have captured this magic, but I have a feeling it wasn't what he was after, that Dusk knew the magic of time, and when she didn't speak, he trapped her for ages in the golem. He didn't want her dead, cause then she couldn't tell him the magic.

I believe he wanted the magic so he could get the Primordial Crystal. Sure, he had it when we fought him, but Oolacile was destroyed long ago, so maybe that was one of his attempts to gain the crystal. As for the purpose of the Tomb of Oolacile and the Chimera, that much I have no clue on yet, but this info was quite the revelation into the new content.

Jeez I love this game.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Lore Pertaining to the new content (Spoilers) Empty Re: Lore Pertaining to the new content (Spoilers)

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:33 am

I think Seath actually stole the crystal during the war of the dragons when he turned against them and joined the humans. ALso if you havent already read this - https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3398-the-darkroot-woods. Its got a lot of stuff pertaining to what you've talked about.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Lore Pertaining to the new content (Spoilers) Empty Re: Lore Pertaining to the new content (Spoilers)

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:40 am

Then possibly for the Scales of immortality themselves, or even more people for his experiments. Think of it, with the power to bend time, he could kidnap any person he needed to for his experiments.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:50 am

He would love that. I agree that he wanted Dusk for her magic but can I ask why do you think Dusk has time magic?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:59 am

1. (P): There was a removed event in early development where you get summoned to Oolacile's world, her story

2. was that she came from the old kingdom. So there was a quest to rescue her in the old kingdom

3. after you get summoned. But it disappeared rather quickly. (Sad Gong~)

4. (IMP): hahahaha

5. (P): "There is no way we can do that!". The forest, I wanted to make an old forest where its bright, and

6. the ruins restored back to buildings. So it the old Oolacile forest and you get summon by dusk

7. of Oolacile and do some kind of quests was planned but it suddenly disappeared. Shes a

8. character I liked so much that I was thinking about events so stop the slander.
    Just found this in the stuff you posted. This would have made our jobs so much easier.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:01 am

In those interviews, you enter a time portal taking you back to the old oolacile in order to save the princess, Dusk. Being she is of royalty, I was guessing she might know more sorceries that others don't. Oolacile was good at bending light, so i thought maybe they had also discovered the power to bend time.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Since you find Artoris's grave in the forest, and the forest is the ruins of Oolacile, and Artoris is in the new content, then I'd say that Artoris is somehow in cahoots with Oolacile. How? We will find out. happy Plus, he had a covenant with the beasts in the Abyss. Probably meaning the primordial serpent. Perhaps the primordial serpent has something to do with Oolacile's demise? Hmmm. Fun fun speculation.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Guys I hate to break it to you but.......I destroyed Oolacile. That's why your parents tell you not to play with matches.

Or.....I'm still going with my favorite theory they destroyed themselves with random connections to other things tossed in (like possibly Seath wanting their magic).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:36 pm