Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
zzCLR2Rzz
S_Hawk
AquaZeroX26
Gremory
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
FexDS
nsane32
FlamingHarlekin
Big Ben
Ragnar0k
DxV04
justwant2play
Halicarnassis
Serious_Much
PPG-3-
Carphil
meridam99
aceluby
Deadmeat95
Zakkia
24 posters

War has been decided! dragons vs sunbros!

Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

War has been decided! dragons vs sunbros! - Page 7 Empty Re: War has been decided! dragons vs sunbros!

Post by Carphil Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Thats it, need to sleep now.

Results: Was summoned by 8 guys in total, 5 of them did "praise the sun", which 2 of them backstabbed me while I was on Hurrah, 1 backstabbed me three times while I was rolling, and I won the other two.

Got invaded and killed by 6 darkwraiths, and I managed to kill only 2.

Hope tomorrow I have more luck.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

War has been decided! dragons vs sunbros! - Page 7 Empty Re: War has been decided! dragons vs sunbros!

Post by Carphil Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Dragon eye set in bonfire before centipede demon.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:40 pm

Where's everyone?
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Dunno tired for alittle then gave up for now.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:42 pm

The guys over at the other DeS wiki had some action around 6 to 8 est but on PS3
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Ya i wonder if we rly got any sunbros on xbox side.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:07 pm

Deadmeat95 wrote:Ya i wonder if we rly got any sunbros on xbox side.

thats a very good question... once you drop the dragon eye you can't see any other signs. Maybe hang out

They told me that sun bros are dropping dragon scales before the match starts and suggested dragons drop a humanity or two also hehe
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:10 pm

DxV04 wrote:
    Deadmeat95 wrote:Ya i wonder if we rly got any sunbros on xbox side.

thats a very good question... once you drop the dragon eye you can't see any other signs. Maybe hang out

They told me that sun bros are dropping dragon scales before the match starts and suggested dragons drop a humanity or two also hehe

On PS3 instead of Dragon Scales I'm receveing a backstab while in "hurrah" animation
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:11 pm

I havent even been getting summoned, havent tried to much tonite yet.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Yea I read that was happening to you yesterday. Its quite the contrast one ps3 player over at the other wiki said they where so honorable etc etc..wow bad luck..how about today?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:19 pm

Got summoned only 2 times, won one and lost one. Then I spent 40 minutes there and gave up.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:30 pm

okay, looks like this war has been a bit of a flop..

Let's be honest, Moons vs Wraiths would probably get the most attention, I'd even make a build specially for that one!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:38 pm

Serious_Much wrote:okay, looks like this war has been a bit of a flop..

Let's be honest, Moons vs Wraiths would probably get the most attention, I'd even make a build specially for that one!

Yea no one can deny that DW vs DM would get more attention. The point here is use and expose the less used covenants so people can do something different.

The first one is always the hardest. The gravelord weekend I did was the second one and over in japan they just had NITO day. Because they have been done before new players are added each time.

There will be a Moons vs Wraiths event soon enough big grin
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Sadly right now the call of kindgom of amular is stronger then the call pf dks
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:48 pm

and thats another reason too. a lot of people picked up that game and are gone.
    I know when ME3 comes out I will take my DkS out and put ME3 in.
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:49 pm

If i knew there were xboxer out trying to summon id be on dks but i dont think there is any
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:14 am

So guys, this war went better than the last I heard. From what ie received most of this is taking place primarily in ps3. So, lots of activity ad carphil I'm sorry for the bs'ing I wish that would have never happened.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:05 am

Zakkia wrote:So guys, this war went better than the last I heard. From what ie received most of this is taking place primarily in ps3. So, lots of activity ad carphil I'm sorry for the bs'ing I wish that would have never happened.

Thats why we should keep it to this forum where we know we have rules against that.. Who communicated the rules to other wikis?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:49 am

No problem tho as I won't count people who backstabbed, even when I survived and managed to win.

The other problem is that the centipede bonfire spawn is really close to the host, so he can do anything with me before the fight really starts. Some of them did not used any kind of gesture and had a phantoms with them. They obviously don't count too.

Today I think it will be better
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Darkness did. I'm sue its people just ignoring though, I'm sure dark tried his best.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:03 pm

Zakkia wrote:Darkness did. I'm sue its people just ignoring though, I'm sure dark tried his best.

have to say last time there weren't any complaints of any BSing and such so seems likely.

Maybe keep it to just our wiki next time? silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Hmm. I'm sure as hell am going to BS. I will use poise to my advantage and do a pivot BS (I typically have about 70 poise with most of my builds). I will do roll BS, especially if you use a ultra greatsword or a BKGA. I will fake doing a pivot BS, to keep me less predictable. I will do a lot more BS against a poise tank/turtle. I will do setup BS too (purposeful misses or failed parries into a roll BS).

But, I won't spam BS. BS will be only a part of my attack strategy. I prefer to use more variety and be less predictable. Plus I don't like being counter BS from some of the pros. I typically won't use a Hornet's ring (I stick mainly with the wood/fap combo). I won't chain wake up BS. I won't purposefully lagstab (i.e. using a lag switch).

BS aren't evil. But, spamming BS is annoying as hell. And, it makes fights much crappier. It requires minimal talent, and no strategy. Nothing feels better than punishing a R1 spammer with a roll BS (slow powerful stunlocking weapons) or a pivot BS (fast high AR/sec minimal stunlocking weapons). Punish predictability and mistakes.

BTW, I rarely heal too. I typically only heal if I feel my opponent is playing cheaply (BS me during my bow for example) or is I am questing. So, if I get a taste of my medicine (as described in my first paragraph), I take the damage and know I just got my mistake punished - and don't heal.

tl;dr - like any attack, BS are should be part of a fighting strategy, but not the only part.

My $0.02
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Reim I'm saying it's bad as in they're intentionally fishing for it, if you're punishing some **** play then it's fair game, but opening with a pivot is not something i'd personally condone in a war type community thing, would you?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Reim I'm saying it's bad as in they're intentionally fishing for it, if you're punishing some **** play then it's fair game, but opening with a pivot is not something i'd personally condone in a war type community thing, would you?
    Completely agreed. Develop a strategy, keep it varied and keep your opponent off guard. And, above all, use it to punish their mistakes, intrinsic weapon recovery time (shows you know your weapons), and predictability.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Zakkia wrote:So guys, this war went better than the last I heard. From what ie received most of this is taking place primarily in ps3. So, lots of activity ad carphil I'm sorry for the bs'ing I wish that would have never happened.

Thats why we should keep it to this forum where we know we have rules against that.. Who communicated the rules to other wikis?

Serious, remember that it's an open world so if you put a sign down you don't know who is going to pick it up. For all you know it could have been someone who saw the event in this forum but is not an active member and likes to BS people who gesture.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that the forums I put this in and the people who said they were going to participate are honorable players.

I also find it strange that you would jump to such as conclusion when anyone can see a sign and summon you. :|

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:57 am