Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
GkMrBane
True King Doran
Extertionist
Dubscythe
Railage
cleric1002
Deadpool
Rynoa
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sinisterapathy
Federally
PlasticandRage
cloudyeki
callipygias
Artorias
User
Yarxov
Rynn
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ViralEnsign_
reim0027
Imarreteet23
Forum Pirate
lextune
Buggy Virus
disapearow
31 posters

Respecting invaders?

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Respecting invaders? - Page 2 Empty Re: Respecting invaders?

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:45 am

disapearow wrote:yea.. but playing offline is boring compared... i'm just saying if u invade some 1 u shouldnt expect any favours at all invaders are the smartest toughest most dangerous and highest paying enemies..

I lied, as I missed this.

So your arguement is that you want random invasions for the thrill of it, but if that random is looking for duels and bows to you, gank them? The invader isn't expecting favors, a lot of the time they just want a DUEL and BOW to make that intent clear.

The ones that bow are not trying to "invade your house", they're trying to step into the ring, and you're greeting them by attempting to blow their head off as they duck the ropes out of some misplaced territorial bs.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:03 am

if the invader bows i bow. They invaded MY world so they have to bow first.

All you people saying "being human is just asking to be invaded" are dead wrong. Perhaps im looking to play with a friend or just some jolly co op. Maybe i am looking for pvp or maybe im just some random noob looking for help with a boss and you're just another enemy in my way.

As an invader you simply cant complain about people using whatever they can to get you out of their way thats part of it.(unless their just farmers) Why do you think that when you invade lautrec he has 2 summons? Because its the risk you take when you invade.

Also 9 times out of 10 when i get invaded by a DW all they do is try to lagstab me so most invaders are not any better.

That being said they bow i bow they fight fair and i fight fair.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:09 am

Your intentionally leaving your self open to the invasion. doesn't matter why, its how it is. I'm not saying you deserve to be invaded if your human, I'm saying, like it or not, by playing human you voluntarily allow the possibility to exist and so have no logical basis for complaints regarding invasions. Specific invaders are a different story.

As such, ganking invaders who indicate an interest in fighting fairly and on equal terms is uncalled for. If you ask invaders to leave, or bc out if they invade you again, you may well be suprised by how often they agree. The ones who don't gank at will as they're not looking to duel, they're just looking to kill you.

Its an important distinction and treating all invaders as gankers and ganking them is unfair and can ruin both parties fun.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:40 am

agreed...cept by the time one sent a msg they would be backstabbed...lol might as well try to fight back eh?

i dont have a problem with being invaded in fact without co-op/pvp there wouldnt be any reason for me to continue playing this game. Im just saying how it is. as being human has a risk of being invaded being an invader has the risk of being ganked.

When you find a good fair fight enjoy it cause there are few on both sides.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:53 am

Respect everyone who is respecting you, my rule. If I get invaded and a DW makes themself visible to me and bows, I'll come out and bow as well. I might grass or buff, wait for them to do the same, then I fight them. A new player I understand won't have a clue about how to PvP, and most people who are genuinely seeking thrilling battles and duels will notice this right away and typically back off. I invade a lot in the catacombs, and I notice gankers, duellists, and new players. The new players, I just wait for them to die, maybe point out items, but with the bonewheels and black knight typically they'll die. I get my humanity, but I don't have to just run out and slaughter them as well they get to experience the area. Gankers, I'll just outright kill, they're gankers. I have no respect for them, as they do not respect anyone else. Duellists, I'll come out into the open, if they accidentally aggro a few skeletons during the fight I back off and let them kill them, but I duel. I believe in being friendly to others and keeping members of the community pleasant with eachother.

So basically, do onto others as you want to have done onto yourself. If you gank the invader the first time, he sure as hell won't be nice to you the next time. big grin
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:13 am

I've noticed that invaders fall into 2 groups. One who rush you and try to kill you not giving you a chance to bow. The second does this funny long range dance with you where you bot move in back off, circle a bit and then you recognise they want to duel and you both bow. Thats just my experience.
    disapearow

Post by disapearow Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:55 am

everybody's coming in with great point's but what about the difference between red eye and red soap stone... i barely see any red soap stone signs everybody uses the cracked or red eye to get almost instant invasions.. the thing is when u go that route your the bad guy.. i always use my crystal weapon spell first witch kind of looks like a cool fight initiation move anyways then i do the kneeling prayer to show respect for the fallen if i win..
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:57 am

People do use Red Soap Stones, but not so much in high traffic gank areas. I used to use my Soap in the Kiln and PW, but after constantly being summoned by gankers instead I went to using orbs, because that way I could spawn away from them, though there is a chance they'll be at the spawn, and I won't be instantly killed while trying to seek honourable duels. Instead I seek them with the orbs.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:08 am

^^

I've never had a good duel when i dropped the rss. I've had many with the orb.

Though I use the blue orb not the red. That way most of my fights are against experienced players, wether they are duelists or not.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:11 am

Well if you are in a certain level range it's very rare to find a person who doesn't do PvP. At SL120 most people are at that level as it is the common PvP level, so there's no real reason to stick at that level if you aren't in it for PvP. I typically use the red orb since I enjoy humanity, but I do have a DM toon I blue orb on. I actually PvP in ever manner haha, dragon duels, Gravelording, DM, FH, DW. I've got to say probably as a DW in random areas I find the most duellists.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:06 am

lextune wrote:
    No to mention we, (Darkwraiths that is), invade up.

We might just as easily run into someone only 4 or 5 levels above us, or someone two or three hundred levels above us.

Related:
    Kicked a host off the bridge in New Londo yesterday during our fight, (which I was losing silly ), with my level 75 DW and much to my surprise I received 86,095 souls, lol. Which puts him at level 302.

sl 65 invaded in the Painted world, the kill gave me About 890,000....O.O
    What sl could he possible be?
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:27 am

Yarxov wrote:
    lextune wrote:

We might just as easily run into someone only 4 or 5 levels above us, or someone two or three hundred levels above us.

Related:
    Kicked a host off the bridge in New Londo yesterday during our fight, (which I was losing silly ), with my level 75 DW and much to my surprise I received 86,095 souls, lol. Which puts him at level 302.

Somewhere in the 600's I'd guess ..... we only have the chart up to the 300's.

Those people have to be old drgaon-head glitch toons I imagine....how the hell else can someone level up that high? Lol.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:32 pm

Yarxov wrote:
    lextune wrote:

Related:

893,333?
    Level 705.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:06 pm

Lvl 398 if I understand the souls math.
    As an invaded, you get 50% of the souls the invader needs for his next level, so he needs 1.786.000 which should be level 398?

(I'm going by the Future Press guide)
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : In front of my mirror thanking god for my sexy looks

Post by Deadpool Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Dark Souls is a video game right?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Deadpool wrote:Dark Souls is a video game right?
    No, it is a way of life.
    >cough
    I use the red soapstone all the time. Maybe it's why I get 3 VS 1'd a lot?
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:09 pm

I can definitely see its a way of life for some
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:15 pm

I was being sarcastic...
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:29 pm

LOL
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deadpool Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Rynn wrote:I was being sarcastic...

I wasn't
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Exactly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:39 pm

In fact I've actually had times in FC where I've been summoned by gankers after putting my RSS down haha. Usually after I kill them a few times they stop summoning me though.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Rynoa wrote:Lvl 398 if I understand the souls math.
    As an invaded, you get 50% of the souls the invader needs for his next level, so he needs 1.786.000 which should be level 398?

(I'm going by the Future Press guide)
    I was the invader.
    Whats the formula for that?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:52 pm

So I'm rolling through Sen's rooftop yesterday. I get to the crossbow guy and swipe at him with my rarely-used Greatsword, and for the first time in umpteen playthroughs he jumps back and retreats. He doesn't go inside, though, he moved away from me on his narrow ledge. So, okay, I go wander up to him, but just as I'm starting to attack I hear the noise, I see the words pop up on the screen, and I see the Darkwraith materializing right in front of me.

There were 3 of us practically standing on each others' feet, all in the little corner of a tiny ledge.

Surprised the living hell out of me. I just hacked away till they were both dead, then sent a quick apology to the invader.

I guess now I know where invaders spawn at Sen's rooftop. I wish I'd been recording, because it was probably the funniest 5 seconds I've ever experienced in a game. That DW was just ninja-flippin' his little heart out trying to get away, but there was absolutely no place to go. I mean like, literally, his character could not move an inch forward or back.
    cleric1002
    cleric1002

Post by cleric1002 Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:22 am

I have been invaded in Sen's Fortress on my way to fight the boss. The invader actually killed me and the person that I summoned in front of the fog gate. I never thought that possible. Someone invaded me, waved and dropped 5 humanities and then disappeared. I thought that that was really nice of them. Off topic, forgive me - just thought I could mention respect going the other way as well. Well, maybe it was more pitty than respect - I suck at this game most days, BUT I love it!! ..... the game, not ..... aah , well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 7:01 pm