Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Imarreteet23
BLA1NE
Tolvo
Serious_Much
Pargar-theGreat
9 posters

attacking a parry

Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

attacking a parry Empty attacking a parry

Post by Pargar-theGreat Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:12 am

so i only duel wield and mostly with the parry dagger, and its amazing for most fights until i come across (for the most part) larger weapons who unlock from me while they are in midswing and land a dead angle attack every time which is usually for a ton of damage. Was this made for the game or just a cheap trick and can i parry that move if timed right?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

attacking a parry Empty Re: attacking a parry

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:15 am

you should be able to yes, but it's kinda hard for you to react to that last second change in the direction for the swing to parry it. Would be really difficult to pull off.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:57 am

You'd have to force yourself directly in front of them so that you can parry them, so you'd have to move yourself to where they are going to strike, before they swing, then parry.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:32 am

^Like they said. Dead-angle just means they hit you at an angle, rather than dead on, so it registered as going around your block--or in this case, parry. So to parry it, you have to position yourself so that their hit isn't at a dead-angle anymore, but is dead-on.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:34 am

Essentially, you'd have to guess when and in which direction they will attack, and position yourself accordingly.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:51 am

sounds impossible it seems like such a noob tatic imo swing unlock and swipe the stick. thanks for the input i'll just have to chain bs those guys lol
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:54 am

It's actually a pretty useful tactic. When I'm surrounded by three turtles coming at me from all sides, I kind of need it to live in the forest.

I also wouldn't try to BS people who are dead angling, as typically they are hitting in a wide arc around their body, as well as moving their camera so their attacks hit you no matter what. I know I use Dead Angles as a way to counter BS fishers, and it's pretty efficient at it.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Dead angling and unlocking are great tactics, I think either I don't know what noob really means or that word is being used out of context all the time.

Pargar u do know chain bs is portrayed more as a noob tactic than the previous? right.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:44 pm

bottom line, good ultra great sword user won't let you parry or block them, if thats your goal you're going to have to invent some rather clever tactics.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Get a dragonslayer spear out and poke em to death!
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Yesuurd wrote: I think either I don't know what noob really means or that word is being used out of context all the time.

Pargar u do know chain bs is portrayed more as a noob tactic than the previous? right.

i believe noob tactic is what someone else decide is an easy way for them to killed by someone else, dead angling is not easy it takes time practice and patience and when done correctly can be incredible, it is not a noob tactic. BS fishing rolling turning or any other form of backstab is generally a noob tactic, because it takes little to no skill to do, and pargar without sounding rude you asked can you parry dead angles you was told how to and you thought it was too hard so you resolved to just chain BS, not calling you a noob or anything a hypocrit maybe but not a noob
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:26 pm

lol wow you guys are hilarious. I gotta say i disagree with both of you. A large weapon dead angle imo isnt that hard to pull off. and bs are defendable in any situation. since we all here know the most about everything. first i didn't mean i would chain bs while the guy was swinging i meant it as if they start dead angling every attack then i'll just wait and chain bs because i can. and secondly chain bs is a rock paper siccors game, if you cant get out of it its not my fault which would also mean it actually has a potential to miss where the dead angle does not. IF i cant even get a partial parry where i'm not taking damage or as much damage then i'd consider it be fairer, but a perfect hit everytime just for moving your camera a bit is just a bit lame. just having a parry dagger is a tell for them to continue this.

on a side note, no one addresses questions anymore, everyone just nit picks at every word and sentence structure. people need to quit acting smart and just respond as if you were a noob. how about everyone quit judging ?'s all the time. seems to me people are like i'm "NOt a noob and i'm going to prove it by telling you how wrong you are. i like forums for some things, but to ask a question just winds up being hilarious. and i take complete disrespect from being called a hypocrite. ill enjoy my dead angle deaths from now on.

good day to the souls who are brave

Last edited by Pargar-theGreat on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Poking is the counter to Dead Angles Pargar, and as I said if you are going to just go for BS on a person dead angling you'll probably find yourself stunlocked. Stunlock of course is another counter to dead angles. Just as dead angling is a counter to shield/thrust turtles, and parry roll turtles. Everything is a counter, so people aren't often happy about you just insulting their possibly preferred form of combat. big grin
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:33 pm

You can dodge dead angles. invincibility frames.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:34 pm

i see what you mean tolvo, but i asked the question shouldn't someone responding to that, put their own style/emotions aside. and respond from the perspective i wrote about. I should be simpler with my questions and say.... I only use duel daggers one being a parry dagger. With large weapon dead angles am i screwed?. btw i love dead angle users its great. and i love 3 on 1 fights there great 2! but am i screwed? ... lol whata think
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:35 pm

dodging negates my parry but thanks i'll quit parrying i guess
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:37 pm

pargar when i called you a hypocrit i didnt actualy mean it an bad way i was just saying you called it noob and ur counter this noob was something more noobey, and you was told how to parry dead angles so as for peopel not answering your question they did, you just didnt like the answer? not trying to be arse.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:38 pm

You'll just have to really really whittle them down. Are you using a dagger with bleed, as well which exact daggers? I saw you say one parrying dagger, but that's definitely not a main hand weapon. As well are you going elemental, or scaling, or buffable? Buffable would probably be your best option, with something like CMW, SLB, or DMB you can actually deal huge amounts of damage while dodging around an enemy striking them with your dagger. Throw in a bleed effect and you should cause a panic, meaning they'll screw up more. Rotten Resin also isn't a bad idea, similar mind games and control with the poison effect. Also never forget the use of items like poison throwing daggers, and Dung Pies to go with this tactic.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:42 pm

I wasn't saying don't parry, i was saying dodging ultra great swords will probably work better than trying to parry them. If you can find an opportunity go for it, i do.
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:47 pm

i gotta say tolvo i've rarely ever seen a bleed effect work with my bandits i know its not the best at bleed but i use that with posion darts and arrows i try to stay away with a bow when i'm attacking a large weap buffer.

and thats cool billy i get ya, granted i threw out the word noob in a response to someone but i can't say i really got answers which made sense to what i was looking for. just that dead angleing is a pro.and thats cool i get dead angling. but its intended use imo was to be for against turtles and weapons move sets, not a tactic for every swing. no biggie though moving on.....
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:47 pm

gotcha ya
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:49 pm

and i've been addicted to this forum today because i've got the "system corupt" message this ps3 isn't even a year old. i have to worst tech luck lol... and no its not because i disconnect early from fights. i've never done that. lol
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:49 pm

tbh ive found the best way to deal with a dead angle is to rolle away and then role back in and poke with a buffed rapier
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:50 pm

i cant spell roll apparently :O
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:51 pm

The main issue is more so that daggers are bit under powered in game because of poise, and that for criticals most weapons can easily out do them. But with a buff you can still deal a great amount of damage with them.

As I was saying the point isn't actually get the bleed to tick, if you're being that aggressive you are probably going to get stun locked. The point is to make them panic and screw up. Then if they're being frantic, missing with their dead angles, and swinging at anything you can lead them into missing you, and catch them with a roll BS. If you know how to land them, a Roll BS is great at dealing with the arcs provided you know where their back is going to be, that's the real issue. With lag you can probably catch them, but know you will be lag stabbing them, it's just a part of PvP really.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:44 am