Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
User
Serious_Much
SunlightCrusader
Ahhotep1
Wisp
DoctorGraveyard
Ser Isaac
Jovias-86
True King Doran
DoughGuy
Sunbro4evar
Spurgun
Rin
ViralEnsign_
Shkar
JK Platin
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
Forum Pirate
WyrmHero
24 posters

Priscilla's Lifehunters

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Priscilla's Lifehunters  - Page 12 Empty Re: Priscilla's Lifehunters

Post by Spurgun Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:52 pm

im thinking the opposite, mix and matchers are everywhere (except for the full giants) and it is more rare to see someone using a full set. and you are more likely to remember that.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:57 pm

So I'm thinking of rank 5 titles. The names must have something to do with occult, because they must also protect the Dark Ember, which is the source of Lifehunting (the art that the Gods of Lordran fear and are weak agaisnt).
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:59 pm

When I say uniforms, it'll be 3 or 6 uniforms, like other user made covenants have.
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by True King Doran Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:28 pm

that's a good point hellooo, i concede to your logic Proper Bow
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:34 pm

thank you doran. could i add you on psn?
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by True King Doran Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:55 pm

absolutely! i need to put my PSN as my signature lol, you got it though: Danny_827 incase you forgot
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:57 pm

thanks.
    JK Platin
    JK Platin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by JK Platin Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:05 pm

wyrm the toon in your avatar looks fricken awesome :O
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Thank you, that's Priscy.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Im uploading a 10 min-ish vid called An Hour in the eyes of the Abomination. I am gunna do one for each rank I get?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:22 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Ok Doran I read your suggestions. The ranks names I really like how they are named now, except the rank 5s. However, I like the idea of each rank having different duties or roles. The most important thing about the Lifehunters, that other covenants do not have, is versatility on builds. That's why we have many armor options (which represent the Painted World). These armor options are strict in the sense of having some kind of uniform (so that we are recognized by other players) and are almost non-efficient in terms of poise (low endurance builds will not have poise because the set is required to be worn full).

So what we really need is one efficient uniform per armor category. These uniforms will depend on poise 'sweet spots'. For example, the light armor uniform will require to have at least 21 poise (to resist all the 1 handed small weapons). The medium uniform must have 31 or 53 poise. The heavy 76 poise.

The uniform must also look classy, cool and awesome. I observed the armor lists and saw that our armors can be classified in two categories: Light and Dark armors. For example, the medium armor types have brass and favor (Light), dark and thorn (Dark). So following this idea, we can have 2 uniforms per armor type (light, medium, heavy). The thing about uniforms is that I have little imagination for good looking efficient armor combinations. Rank 5 rewards also affect build effectiveness because if you rely on heavy armor and you reach rank 5, you'll have to wear the crown or the hood and will lower your poise and might be lower than the poise 'sweet spot' (76 poise). So I don't know what incentive to have for those who want to reach rank 5. It's a very complicated thing.

Edit: Forum I have not read your suggestions yet but will do as soon as I get online on PSN.

i think that the light uniforms should have 0 poise since you would have to mix in medium/heavy armour parts otherwise. those who use light could use the wolf ring (i always use it, except for against weapons that would stun/stunlock me anyway, against those i switch it for something more useful) or just use 0 poise. i don’t know about the medium armours, the armour with the highest poise is the favor set with 47, the rest have 40/41 so if we wanted higher we would have to mix some heavy armour in there, wich would kinda remove the "medium armour" part of them. the heavy ones could have 76, it would be hard to get without the helm though.

another idea would be to simply mix/match with the armours (heavy,medium,light) and get uniforms with maybe one heavy/medium part giving them poise and the rest light for a light uniform with poise, same with heavy and medium. i don’t think that this is a good idea since it would be min/maxing but you choose. IMO we should use full sets as uniforms, at least the PG sets fits really well with the dragon head. so i have my uniform already.

this post may be a little bit hard to understand since i didn’t know what i should reply to :shock:
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:34 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Im uploading a 10 min-ish vid called An Hour in the eyes of the Abomination. I am gunna do one for each rank I get?
    That's prettu cool, I'll post it at the meeting spot post.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Kk it is currently uploading
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:00 pm

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:09 pm

I updated the OP with the Members of the Council titles. There will be only 5 Members of the Council, each one representing one of the covenants of the Lifehunters. Thus their titles will be the default rank 5 titles. Rank 5 title names are now being in discussion.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:13 pm

Nice video Amos, will place it in the meeting spot post.
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by True King Doran Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:15 pm

so when you reach rank 5 you get a title above lifehunter, then at rank 6 (council member) you get the other title?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:28 pm

No, you get a rank title (which I'm still thinking about a name) at rank 5. If you are a Council Member then you get 1 of the default titles we currently have (Dragon Crossbreed, Auriculae Hoarder, ect.).

Edit: There's no rank 6. So almost what you said.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Is there going to be a separate XBL council, aside from the PSN council?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:34 pm

Yes, 1 for XBL and 1 for PSN.
    True King Doran
    True King Doran
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by True King Doran Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:37 pm

okay that's what i meant guess i just said it weird. are we still discussing the council member names? I don't quite get most of them, but since im probably never going to be a council member... well idc really Shrug
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:40 pm

hellooo wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:Ok Doran I read your suggestions. The ranks names I really like how they are named now, except the rank 5s. However, I like the idea of each rank having different duties or roles. The most important thing about the Lifehunters, that other covenants do not have, is versatility on builds. That's why we have many armor options (which represent the Painted World). These armor options are strict in the sense of having some kind of uniform (so that we are recognized by other players) and are almost non-efficient in terms of poise (low endurance builds will not have poise because the set is required to be worn full).

So what we really need is one efficient uniform per armor category. These uniforms will depend on poise 'sweet spots'. For example, the light armor uniform will require to have at least 21 poise (to resist all the 1 handed small weapons). The medium uniform must have 31 or 53 poise. The heavy 76 poise.

The uniform must also look classy, cool and awesome. I observed the armor lists and saw that our armors can be classified in two categories: Light and Dark armors. For example, the medium armor types have brass and favor (Light), dark and thorn (Dark). So following this idea, we can have 2 uniforms per armor type (light, medium, heavy). The thing about uniforms is that I have little imagination for good looking efficient armor combinations. Rank 5 rewards also affect build effectiveness because if you rely on heavy armor and you reach rank 5, you'll have to wear the crown or the hood and will lower your poise and might be lower than the poise 'sweet spot' (76 poise). So I don't know what incentive to have for those who want to reach rank 5. It's a very complicated thing.

Edit: Forum I have not read your suggestions yet but will do as soon as I get online on PSN.

i think that the light uniforms should have 0 poise since you would have to mix in medium/heavy armour parts otherwise. those who use light could use the wolf ring (i always use it, except for against weapons that would stun/stunlock me anyway, against those i switch it for something more useful) or just use 0 poise. i don’t know about the medium armours, the armour with the highest poise is the favor set with 47, the rest have 40/41 so if we wanted higher we would have to mix some heavy armour in there, wich would kinda remove the "medium armour" part of them. the heavy ones could have 76, it would be hard to get without the helm though.

another idea would be to simply mix/match with the armours (heavy,medium,light) and get uniforms with maybe one heavy/medium part giving them poise and the rest light for a light uniform with poise, same with heavy and medium. i don’t think that this is a good idea since it would be min/maxing but you choose. IMO we should use full sets as uniforms, at least the PG sets fits really well with the dragon head. so i have my uniform already.

this post may be a little bit hard to understand since i didn’t know what i should reply to :shock:

Indeed, I thought about all that as soon as I finished the post. We could for example have the chest be light armor, while the other parts be medium (for 21 poise at least). For medium, the chest medium and other parts heavy or medium, etc. I really need to work on this.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:44 pm

True King Doran wrote:okay that's what i meant guess i just said it weird. are we still discussing the council member names? I don't quite get most of them, but since im probably never going to be a council member... well idc really Priscilla's Lifehunters  - Page 12 3358384175

I think the CM names are nice as they are. I spent a lot of time thinking abput them. Maybe if one of the members doesn't like his, I could change it. Also don't worry about being or not being a CM, aim for having the rank 5 reward and defend our Queen as much as you can.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:47 pm

I'll screw with the calculater to see what I can come up with. I encourage others to as well, remember they're themed light and dark, and there are 2 (one of each) per catagory (light medium, heavy)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:16 pm

LOL Forum I skrewed the calculator too! Seems that it got an update. But I remember:

Dark Light Armor Uniform
    24 poise (enough for all 1 handed small weapons)

Dark Mask
    Black Cleric Robe
    Dark Gauntlets
    Leggings of Thorns

Will need 26 End with RoFAP for fast roll, not counting weapons. I think it's too much End for a glass cannon build or low endurance builds.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:36 am