Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 12 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Federally Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks for the answers. Guess I better keep at it then
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Be like me, use the souls you win and put them into your next level big grin I've shot up in the past week, from 180 to 240
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:08 am

Lol yeah I would, but I don't win. Out of maybe 20 invasions so far I've won 3
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:01 am

Eventually you'll drop a sl 700 guy or two and you'll shoot up a few levels
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Federally wrote:Thanks for the answers. Guess I better keep at it then

Federally - welcome to the resistance Proper Bow . Don't worry about the losses you encounter as new hunter - you are still learning. You have to learn from your losses in order to get better against the gangbangs. Every invasion should be a learning experience. I have been a hunter as long as I have played DkS and I have lost more bouts than I have won. But its those magical moments when you are firing on all cyclinders and you are able to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat cheers . Keep at it bro and you will soon come to enjoy the gank. The hunters and Alvina's allies will provide you all the tools and recommendations you need to be successful in this convenant. Its going to be a wild ride for you.

Cloud is correct keep leveling your hunter toon - you will need as many tools at your disposal to deal with the constant gank fests you will be facing in the future. Create a leveling strategy in order to get the most bang from each soul level and you will soon become a "ganker killer" twisted .

Again, welcome to the one of the toughest covenants in the game.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:29 pm

I got the most glorious (for me) victory ever last night. Showed up in the forest, met the host and his golden phantom buddy, they were obviously much higher level and better equipped, had to run away with just a sliver of life left. Led them to the edge of a cliff and charged for one desperate attack with my furysword. The dumb host flipped right off the edge and fell to his death, that DWGR isn't all its cracked up to be lol.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:51 pm

Ok friends and allies another batch of vids to keep things moving. Not too much invading lately but here is some recent vids and a old one I just got around to posting. Well lets get right to it then.

Roll the tape...

In this vid - when I first invaded I was like "Oh great two tanks :shock: " - well I just went to work as best I could. The only thing worse than two tanks are two flipping tanks. The battle was joined and I put in work for Alvina.

https://youtu.be/g1KP-gATWZI

In this 1st bout of this vid - I am fighting a lone camper whom I have fought many times before. He has banged me and I have banged him but we are now in the early stages of honorable 1v1 courtship. We both kind of play around at the start of the fight when start doing some dancing around lol - hey you need to have some fun right.

In the 2nd bout of the double header - I almost make a fatal error - I mistakenly initiated a pike running 1H attack which almost cost me my life. I was actually going for a backstab - I won't make that mistake again.

https://youtu.be/uP2NHyl5Hzk

This is an older video I had failed to post - when I invaded I was like "Hum - this camper is fighting using dual D. Hands?!!" I was curious to find out exactly what the camper could do with those dual D. Hands - apparently she could do alot :shock: . I get riposte once and BS'd like 3-4 times in this fight. There were two things which saved me - it appears the camper was experimenting with a new build-out (was not using a high dmg weapon) and I was able to lull the camper to sleep by keeping my distance and evading mostly (like I say - try to attack when you want to attack not the other way around). I used the lull tactic because I knew I was dealing with a parry and BS master (plus the camper was fighting unlocked) so I waited for the right moment to pull off the unexpected.

https://youtu.be/3xykqeqkpQc

In 1st vid of this double header - I invaded one of my arch-nemesis. This camper is better fighter than I am - he is also is banger so I was surprised he did not summon. Of course he whips out the one weapon I have come to fear the most - that dang DSS. Oh well tried my best and will keep taking it to this camper.

In this 2nd vid - I screwed up royally :oops: . I got a BS off but failed to switch over to my Mura beforehand - I think I could have killed the host with attack I had the Mura equipped. Oh well you can't win them all. It was a good death.

https://youtu.be/AxhK6FF5Y-M

Enjoy everyone and I have really been enjoying everyone's vids - lets keep this thing moving.

Good hunting!!

Last edited by Brokewilly on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:54 pm

btw did anyone see my last batch :L https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBQdZT43fbA
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:04 pm

So.....I ran into a couple of liars. Namely my phone and Youtube. Went to post a video in the Archives to demonstrate something ublug was talking about and lo and behold...the stealth video that supposedly didn't upload was there in all it's ten minutes of glory. So I did a quick edit, chopping off about 20 seconds in the beginning and adding music to drown out the hum of my ps3 fan and here it is.

Some disclaimers first. The camera is sometimes shaky and not completely showing the screen. Like I said, I was holding both the camera and the controller which also likely contributed to my demise. You'll see what I mean toward the end of the video. Second, the music kinda cliche but better that "whiiiiirrrrrrrrrrr......whiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrr" for ten minutes and it fit the edited length fairly well. Lastly, there's a lot of dead time so I'll give a run down of the best parts.

I started off in Alvina's house and immediately saw two gankers. I took off for the shroom guys and noticed they were already dead. My back up plan was to head to the bridge near the artorias grave to set up a more fair fight so you can see in the video that I start looking behind me to tell where the gankers are. I didn't see them immediately pursuing so I changed tactics. Running to the very edge of the cliff near the rolly cat entrance I switched to fog ring and hid behind the tree. I was using a combo of pyro and miracles with this run so I kept the talisman and pyro glove on to have a smaller profile. The Scythe is my favorite weapon but too easy to see (I did the same thing to some guys last night and had sorcery rather than pyro, used the sorcerer's catalyst for same reason as pyro glove.....it's small). Anyway, at about the 2:00 minute mark you can see the phantom come into view and never even come close to searching for me. After he left I ran back to the area near the ruined building and carefully looking around. I was waiting for help as that spot allows a quick entry into battle usually. After getting bored and realizing I was still filming I started shooting arrows into the woods hoping they'd see them and start looking again. They didn't that I could tell so I ran back to near my original hiding spot and then around into the woods with the evil trees. I took my time going from tree to tree into the middle of the woods until about the 8:00 minute mark when they started looking for me again. You can see the gold wandering waaaaaay off and the host was pretty close to me. Here's where holding the camera was not a good idea. I couldn't quick change between things well so rather than go back to the DWGR I stayed with fog so I was slower than I like. I also didn't buff my weapon or use power within, either one of which would have meant victory. I had him on the ropes and had lots of time to fight. The phantom eventually figured it out and got me sadly.

Stealth in the forest
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:32 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:So.....I ran into a couple of liars. Namely my phone and Youtube. Went to post a video in the Archives to demonstrate something ublug was talking about and lo and behold...the stealth video that supposedly didn't upload was there in all it's ten minutes of glory. So I did a quick edit, chopping off about 20 seconds in the beginning and adding music to drown out the hum of my ps3 fan and here it is.

Some disclaimers first. The camera is sometimes shaky and not completely showing the screen. Like I said, I was holding both the camera and the controller which also likely contributed to my demise. You'll see what I mean toward the end of the video. Second, the music kinda cliche but better that "whiiiiirrrrrrrrrrr......whiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrr" for ten minutes and it fit the edited length fairly well. Lastly, there's a lot of dead time so I'll give a run down of the best parts.

I started off in Alvina's house and immediately saw two gankers. I took off for the shroom guys and noticed they were already dead. My back up plan was to head to the bridge near the artorias grave to set up a more fair fight so you can see in the video that I start looking behind me to tell where the gankers are. I didn't see them immediately pursuing so I changed tactics. Running to the very edge of the cliff near the rolly cat entrance I switched to fog ring and hid behind the tree. I was using a combo of pyro and miracles with this run so I kept the talisman and pyro glove on to have a smaller profile. The Scythe is my favorite weapon but too easy to see (I did the same thing to some guys last night and had sorcery rather than pyro, used the sorcerer's catalyst for same reason as pyro glove.....it's small). Anyway, at about the 2:00 minute mark you can see the phantom come into view and never even come close to searching for me. After he left I ran back to the area near the ruined building and carefully looking around. I was waiting for help as that spot allows a quick entry into battle usually. After getting bored and realizing I was still filming I started shooting arrows into the woods hoping they'd see them and start looking again. They didn't that I could tell so I ran back to near my original hiding spot and then around into the woods with the evil trees. I took my time going from tree to tree into the middle of the woods until about the 8:00 minute mark when they started looking for me again. You can see the gold wandering waaaaaay off and the host was pretty close to me. Here's where holding the camera was not a good idea. I couldn't quick change between things well so rather than go back to the DWGR I stayed with fog so I was slower than I like. I also didn't buff my weapon or use power within, either one of which would have meant victory. I had him on the ropes and had lots of time to fight. The phantom eventually figured it out and got me sadly.

Stealth in the forest

Skare - excellent stealth tactics and the music was a great addition. Your familiarity of the forest is terrific - I keep finding nooks and crannies every day. If you could have only done more damage to the host before the phantom showed up you would have won that one. But I'm sure that invasion has allowed you to refine this tactic even more so I can't wait to see the next one.

Keep catching these campers by surprise - death from the shadows is a very viable tactic.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:38 pm

Federally wrote:I got the most glorious (for me) victory ever last night. Showed up in the forest, met the host and his golden phantom buddy, they were obviously much higher level and better equipped, had to run away with just a sliver of life left. Led them to the edge of a cliff and charged for one desperate attack with my furysword. The dumb host flipped right off the edge and fell to his death, that DWGR isn't all its cracked up to be lol.

Fed - remember the environment in the forest is your best friend. Try to use it every time you invade. The environment can also be bad for you too - I cannot tell you how many times I have flipped/fell of a cliff to my death. Don't know what kinda build you have but Force and WoTG is great weapon when a camper is fighting you near a cliff - if you can get a win by blowing your opponent off a cliff then do it because they will not hesitate to do it to you.

Keep invading, keep fighting, keep learning and things will turn out just fine.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:39 pm

I definitely got the drop on him. Like I said....one buff or the other. Next time. I did this a few times last night and got the old disconnect when they couldn't find me after a similar time frame. I call that a win.

Amos, like the binocular use man. Campers assume that they're untouchable behind trees. You made em think different.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:51 am

Been fighting heavy lag tonight, but it's resulted in some interesting kills. Hosts die from 2k damage suddenly stacking on them 5 seconds after I've died. I've also suddenly begun to embrace beating the crap out of people with the mura face to face. No bsing, no parries, no blocking. If they are so unfortunate as to have medium poise, they have no chance and get instantly staggered. For high poise it takes two hits, and if I initiate the exchange I can get that before I stagger from their MLGS. It's fun because I'm doing this as the host and phantom are wailing on me and PW is draining ~15 hp every second. Usually ends death for all involved.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Hey guys I did a little AV work last night with some crafty placement and my blackberry playbook got some funny vids ill post!! No master quality with music like yours Broke...do you just copy and paste the link from You Tube Broke?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:26 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Hey guys I did a little AV work last night with some crafty placement and my blackberry playbook got some funny vids ill post!! No master quality with music like yours Broke...do you just copy and paste the link from You Tube Broke?

Yeah - once you upload the vids to Youtube and depending on whether you are making the vids public or private - you would either past the link in the tool bar for public vids or the URL on the edit page for private videos.

Can't wait to check out your bouts.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:58 pm

great thanks Broke they are public from MRGlatts17 (like who has Glatts17 on youtube my last name is McGladdery and Glatts is an old hockey nic name and my lucky number) everyone needs to see them lol...they will be on shortly.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:43 pm

Here's another fun little thing I've been playing around with. Many of you -- including Tolvo no doubt -- won't consider this news, but still. Anyway, I was trying to find ways to increase the range on my pyromancy fireballs, and it turns out the things blow up at their max range whether they hit something or not. It's usually not noticeable in regular PvP anyway because if you lock on they alway hit either the target player or the ground. But if you unlock and then tilt backwards, you can actually get them to air burst at the end of their arc. The beauty of this is that with the right angle, you can arc the air burst onto the middle of a group of enemies and hit them all, instead of just hitting the guy in front. Better still, because the air burst is directing damage downwards from above the targets, blocking even with a fire resist shield doesn't seem to help much (and those behind the first guy in line usually don't block or roll anyway, because they figure they can't possibly be the target). A good place to play around with this is on Alvina's bridge if you are being chased by a line of farmers. You can even start the cast off to the right above the stairs, then slide to your left, tilt back, and heave the fireball up over the bridge for hilarious good times. Great fireballs work best due to the large blast radius - I haven't had a chance to try the chaos ones yet, but if they rain lava onto the bridge that should be even more entertaining.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:47 pm

Befowler I thought that was well known to anyone who's ever messed around with Pyromancy. silly

My trick is always to lob it at the person in front of a line, they'll dodge through and I almost always catch the person behind them, typically the host. big grin
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:55 pm

Curses!

lol
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:56 pm

I am putting together a funny post from last nights forest hunting but it takes FOREVER to upload to You Tube from my playbook and they are waaaaay to big to email from it! But here is a GREAT invisible phantom 3v1 from lunch to tide you guys over.....enjoy many many more to follow in better quality when I get a real recorder!!!

BTW to be fair to the gankers when I invade with my OHKO guy hes always almost 0 poise and naked I just put some pants on for you guys silly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knrxz9BgLG8
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:58 pm

I watched "We Be Clubbin'" earlier. Good stuff. Keep it coming!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Dark- You should try PW... if you already OHKO people, now you can do it with a thousand damage to spare!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:32 pm

LOL right on Skare thats a good 1 for sure! I will post a nice montage later this afternoon its slow at work today!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:38 pm

@Quarik LOL I do some times use PW lately didnt for awhile because I stupidly upgraded both my pyro gloves and killed the egg dude that gives you another...but a lvl 300 DMB friend of mine thats on NG++++ gave me 1 now so I mess with it.....its scary.

But I still can OHKO without PW with DMG to spare by using parrys that setup rpstl's 3600dmg twisted
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:39 pm

DarkW17 wrote:I am putting together a funny post from last nights forest hunting but it takes FOREVER to upload to You Tube from my playbook and they are waaaaay to big to email from it! But here is a GREAT invisible phantom 3v1 from lunch to tide you guys over.....enjoy many many more to follow in better quality when I get a real recorder!!!

BTW to be fair to the gankers when I invade with my OHKO guy hes always almost 0 poise and naked I just put some pants on for you guys silly

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knrxz9BgLG8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knrxz9BgLG8[/quote[/url]]

In Skare's name I say - "That lemon-zest coated great club rocks!!!" Now, everytime I see a SLB coated weapon Skare pops into mind. lol!

Was the invisible camper using Hidden Body or the Ring of Fog because I barely saw him before he got you. I hate it when campers use the "old hidden phantom get ya from behind trick". Oh, well I just consider it another hazard of the workplace

Good job. Keep the vids coming.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:33 am