Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 18 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Brokewilly Tue May 08, 2012 10:49 pm

cloudyeki wrote:So I spent near 20 minutes **** around with a ganker host and a random forest wraith. Came in seeing what I thought was a duel, when the wraith broke away and ran my way. Shield up and he is watching me carefully. We circle a bit, then I bow and point at the host (who's probably confused as all hell). Wraith bows back and rushes the host, and as I pull my binocs out the wraith runs back and kicks me.

He then points at the host so I figured he's tagging me in. I run to the host and he starts r1 spamming his DSS. Simple enough, I just MLGS r2 his face, and then the wraith comes in for a backstab on the host. "woo buddy, hold up" I pull back and see the wraith and the host move away as well. It's a mexican stand-off now, till I see the summoning phantom thing. I decide to take the fight in my own hands, and rush the host. So now the wraith is hanging back, and I'm confused as hell till the sunbro comes up only to get chain bs'd to oblivion. Host flasks and flees, and now I see the summoning dark spirit sign.

Then everything became a clusterf*ck, because as I was focused on the host the wraith is focused on the new red (who had the exact same gear; Giants+MoM+BKGA) And one of them dies. "*** this" so I went fire crazy and killed EVERYONE around me in a wild blaze of great fireballs and tempests and great combustions.

And I netted myself a grand total oooof.... 320,000 souls..... ಠ_ಠ what? This isn't even enough to level me up....

Ok cloud you are getting a little carried away with the hellfire lol!
    That is great - I love Mexican standoffs and I can see cloud right now dancing amid the flames of destruction.

Cloud you're too much for 'em man Proper Bow
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 08, 2012 10:59 pm

I've been needin' to let loose. Being mage-sassin is fun and all, but it's far to restrained. So now I'm rocking the Dusk Crown, Eastern chest, Havel's arms and Black Iron legs. Surprisingly lighter than my previous set up, good amount of poise, and I can choose between quick rollin' with havel's, flipping with dwgr, or midrolling + true hellfire with bellowing dragon.

I just need that damned trident so I can really dance on there ashes as they fall to Nito's domain.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 09, 2012 1:34 am

That's awesome Eki.

My Skyrim vacation must have done wonders as I had my best night in the forest yet.

First invasion was a duel with a high level guy. We barely have time to get a proper circle in and another blue comes in. I back off and he actually disengaged to fight the other blue fair. Most hosts don't figure out what me backing away means. He barely wins and we bow and start over. He didn't survive but died honorably.

I get ganked a couple times and come into a group I'm familiar with. I get chased to the cliff area and get a few licks in but getting beat. The host starts taking damage from an invisible enemy and suddenly I have time for great heal and start harassing the host with soul spears. Blue and invisible for the win.

I invade the host alone later. I had chsm ready and buff just outside the range it would trigger. He decides to buff and I move in to trigger it. Giants armor so barely over 300 damage. he's trying to turtle with a rapier and I get tired of it. I tease him into his attack routine and after the parry I introduce him to the insanely painful looking great scythe riposte animation. Barely alive which means two handed chasing time. The end

See the same guy later alone trying to jack up a spawning red. The red and I bowed over his corpse.

I cane across an Ornstein cosplay camper later. Find him alone and trying to summon. A red spawns a soon as I draw near and they both start walking to me. Great, still a two on one. The red hangs back last second and just watches. I figure he could still jump in if I start to win so after a couple hits with lemon scythe I wanna put the fight away. Second riposte of the night. Host is still alive somehow and the red still watches. Chasey chasey and another forest win. I bow to the red and he returns it. Never stepped in.

Best fight of the night I head to the bridge by the cats to funnel two campers. They don't show. Another blue spawns and I go to help out. Don't get there in time but they spot me. I dodge a bit and almost get the phantom but the host chugs. I take some hits and pray they forgot to deforest the area. Not a single tree killed. I aggro one off to the side which gives me time to heal. I chip the host but he runs off and keeps the phantom healthy. I need some healing again so I zigzag to the cliff making just about every tree in the game aggressive. Campers get separated and I backstab the host. They start wrath of God in a panic and damage me but only kill a couple trees. I heal again and slam the phantom. Host flushes me but shoulda healed. Trees killed the phantomand there's still a ton of pissed off pants left. Host gets surrounded. Backstab. He escapes and heals. Backstab. He gets totally surrounded. Definition of gang violence. I think the trees might still be pummeling the host. I hit a couple times but at that point it was a mercy killing.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 09, 2012 1:47 am

Guess tuesdays are just really good hunting days >_>
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 09, 2012 1:54 am

Still waiting to invade together. That might be a reckoning
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 09, 2012 2:10 am

Pretty sure we'd make the host piss himself in fear.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 09, 2012 9:53 am

I wonder what the animation for that would look like.......

Ok, maybe I don't
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Prostration, only with a puddle added at the end big grin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Then we'd use the point forward gesture to indicate where the appropriate place to relieve themselves is.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed May 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Skare & Cloud - you two are hilarious. I would love to see the both of u have a 2v2, 3v2 or 2v2v1 - the ensuing chaos would really be a sight to see. One of you must record such an event for the FH archives.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 09, 2012 3:42 pm

It'd be great if we could coordinate that. We invaded the same guy once and the host was killed by a red before we got a chance to fight.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 09, 2012 4:50 pm

I just thought of something really truly sinister. TWoP someone, then instead of running in just spam sorceries. The only counters would be WoG, Force, and a high stability shield.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed May 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Trust everyone's seen the Kiln is closed thread:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t5102-the-kiln-is-dead-now-get-out

TwoP + dark hand humanity draining = very angry farmers.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed May 09, 2012 5:14 pm

sorry guys ive been out for a few weeks be helping a friend with the story but now I am building a character just for forest hunter and I would also like to thank for Brokewilly for sending me updates
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 09, 2012 5:17 pm

I got a one-up to that Qu. Have a partner with the DSB! Truly the most trollerific tandem ever
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 09, 2012 5:20 pm

I got a one-up to that Qu. Have a partner with the DSB! Truly the most trollerific tandem ever
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed May 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Two Cloudyekis at the same time! Terrifying.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed May 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Smokey would have to call a hit on me
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu May 10, 2012 2:03 am

nsane32 wrote:sorry guys ive been out for a few weeks be helping a friend with the story but now I am building a character just for forest hunter and I would also like to thank for Brokewilly for sending me updates

Nsane - not a problem bro.

I have a question for the illustrious allies of Alvina - can you parry an attack from a left hand weapon? Another hunter has gone up against a relatively famous player (hint hint he made parry montage on Youtube). Anyway, he is trying to determine how to fight this player without getting a sword to belly :shock: . It appears this well known player has changed his fighting style some though - now when his RTR activates he will fall back to using the Darkmoon bow and feather arrows to finish you off - very interesting tactic in my opinion. This isn't related to the parry question just info on this players style change up just in case he invades you.

On another note - it appears I have brokered a war in the forest (and basically every where else in DkS). I got contacted by an ex-hunter (it appears the darkside has taken him- he is a ganker now sad ) who said him and his partner wanted a challenge. So they asked me to contact everyone I knew and tell them to come at them with everything they got. Well it appears these to players are also known to use mods (this was told to me by another hunter who fought them before). Just tonight I get PMs from both warmongers complaining that it took them over an hour to kill another mod lol! . There main compliant was this mod opponent was going through divine blessing like nobodies business. Well to make a long story short they are now being invaded by everyone I know who is on right at this moment - this is so crazy. I invaded them both tonight just to recon and yep there they were in all their ganking glory - I just BC'd out. They PM'd me asking why I left and I said "I was just on recon and recon is not supposed to engage the enemy lol " (which is technically true). I just didn't feel like fighting two mods (one supposedly has crazy high HP while the other has crazy high stamina).

So the gauntlet has been thrown - if you are on the XBOX and you want to fight two mod toons then PM me and I will give you their tags. Hey they want me to spread the word so I am spreading it twisted . What is this world coming to sad !!
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu May 10, 2012 2:10 am

Hit me with those tags willy. I'll help out.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu May 10, 2012 2:32 am

Good luck guys. I hope you can take these fools down.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu May 10, 2012 2:40 am

I invaded them, and I got them separated, but the host was always too close to go all out on the phantom and neither were presenting opportunities for parries or BS's, so I got OHKO'd by an unbuffed DGM.

On the bright side, I may have taught a few gankers that spamming weapons against my shield is a terrible idea, and that the terribleness is multiplied by 5000 when I'm using a buffed murakumo. I managed to kind of get the timing for UGS's and the BKGA, so few have escaped.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu May 10, 2012 7:47 am

Quarik wrote:I invaded them, and I got them separated, but the host was always too close to go all out on the phantom and neither were presenting opportunities for parries or BS's, so I got OHKO'd by an unbuffed DGM.

On the bright side, I may have taught a few gankers that spamming weapons against my shield is a terrible idea, and that the terribleness is multiplied by 5000 when I'm using a buffed murakumo. I managed to kind of get the timing for UGS's and the BKGA, so few have escaped.

Quarik - good job against those two. This is the perfect opportunity for anyone to get some practice fighting mods. I don't know if I will actually fight them or not - I really despise mods so I'm still trying to decided if I will become an actual combatant in this thing.

We shall see...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu May 10, 2012 10:05 am

I would promote a boycott and report fest personally. That's pretty sad to have to gank and mod. To answer your question from earlier Broke......I haven't done it personally but someone posted around here somewhere that you can parry a left hand attack.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu May 10, 2012 11:38 am

skarekrow13 wrote:I would promote a boycott and report fest personally. That's pretty sad to have to gank and mod. To answer your question from earlier Broke......I haven't done it personally but someone posted around here somewhere that you can parry a left hand attack.

Skare - thanks I will pass the information along about parrying a left hand attack.

Initially, I did not know these two players were using mods until another hunter told me he (and his friend) had fought them before. I had already sent the flag up on 'em before I became aware they were mod users. Amazingly alot of players on XBOX are actually taking up the challenge. I'm just going act like a biased-UN on this one and keep passing intel to the allies who are taking up the challenge. I want to make sure no one is surpised when they invade them and are faced with two mods with ganking in their hearts. Now if one of the players who are up for the challange decides to report them - that is fine by me (I have also reported a player using a mod toon - hey it part of the risk mod users must face). I would definitely report them if I invaded them - without knowing beforehand I was about to go up against mods - knowledge is power I always say.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:24 pm