Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 34 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Rynn Sun May 27, 2012 8:15 am

Go check out the PvP section.
    I can't kill all the gankers, but this build is killing a lot of the ones I can reach.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun May 27, 2012 2:59 pm

Hmm. I forest hunt fairly often and I would like to think my desire to play fair has not been compromised too greatly.
    However I do find that many a 1 on 1 has been intterupted by another phantom arriving and attacking the host with crystal soul spear ect.
    even had a few hate mails for not backing up other hunters in legitimate 1 on 1's where the host did not heal or anything!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun May 27, 2012 3:12 pm

I'm actually dissapointed in how bad of gankers the forest covenant themself are.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun May 27, 2012 4:05 pm

Indeed. they can be like that but there are some good ones too!
    I had a real sweet spot for a day invaded about 30 times and got 1 gank match
    other phantoms came in and didnt interfere. had some fun chats with people after it. if only that was normal...
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun May 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Aye, if that was the norm then must of us would be out a job. I do appreciate the duels I get, because most of the time I get my *** handed to me on a silver platter.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun May 27, 2012 7:20 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Hmm. I forest hunt fairly often and I would like to think my desire to play fair has not been compromised too greatly.
    However I do find that many a 1 on 1 has been intterupted by another phantom arriving and attacking the host with crystal soul spear ect.
    even had a few hate mails for not backing up other hunters in legitimate 1 on 1's where the host did not heal or anything!

@dancash1808 - in situations in which a hunter suddenly attacks the camper while you are having a 1v1 - just disengage so the host can decide who he wants to fight (I know you know this already). Also, I usually PM the ganking hunter after the bout and tell him the covenant cannot gain an honorable reputation with their actions. Hopefully, berating them a bit will change their attitude.

Now in regards to the hate mail (which I have surprisingly never received) I would just tell the hunter they need to learn how to fight 1v1. At the end of the day every hunter should expect they will be on their own when they invade - they should never expect back-up in the forest.

Lately I have been encountering lone hosts who too their own detriment attempt to fight both hunters even if one is disengaged and watching. I will upload a vid in which the host forced both of us hunters to take him on - I think the camper felt we were not taking the fight seriously (we kinda were joking around with him while keeping him from summoning a minion near the A. Gate twisted ). It was kinda funny until it turned deadly when he was able to summon so it turned out to be good 2v2.

Hopefully the honorable hunters can rub off on the some of the less than honorable hunters by simply forcing them to fight alone in a 1v2 situation. This is great training for less experienced hunters.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sun May 27, 2012 7:36 pm

Broke- That reminds me of one fight I had quite a while ago. Another FH and I invade a solo host together. I hang back and pull out my binocs to watch, so they can have a nice 1v1. Then the host runs up and BS's me midway through their fight. Either he was an idiot or he wanted the extra challenge, but I don't think he'll ever attack a benign spectator again.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun May 27, 2012 8:42 pm

I force both to attack sometimes. I'm always alone and far better in a 1v1 than most of them, so in cases of boredom I throw a few empty swings, beckon, or kick the other hunter, make it clear I intend to fight both without jumping the guy who had the decentcy to wait.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun May 27, 2012 10:49 pm

Quarik wrote:Broke- That reminds me of one fight I had quite a while ago. Another FH and I invade a solo host together. I hang back and pull out my binocs to watch, so they can have a nice 1v1. Then the host runs up and BS's me midway through their fight. Either he was an idiot or he wanted the extra challenge, but I don't think he'll ever attack a benign spectator again.

Yeah - I guess some campers want a challenge so I guess a 1v2 is cool ok with them. I do try to be as honorable as possible but when you are being attacked - honor gets thrown out the 10th floor window twisted . Like they say "when you stop the train you gotta ride" lol .

Good times people, good times all around.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun May 27, 2012 11:13 pm

My favorite all time attempt to get me to gank was a hunter. He was losing so he hid behind me. When I moved he tried to hit me. Yay futility

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Mon May 28, 2012 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon May 28, 2012 12:34 am

Okay - friends and allies of the mother cat. Finally got around to processing some fresh vids for your viewing pleasure.

Roll the tape....

Poison is a beautiful thing.

https://youtu.be/ohFZT3luRIg

The sound is all screwed up (sorry folks don't know what was wrong with the vid file) in the 1st bout but it was funny so I had to post. The 2nd bout is also kinda funny. Theme of the both bouts - cliff jumping or falling is hazardous to your health lol .

https://youtu.be/OswKOwYgqGk

A 2 round bout with an assist from my man Quarik on each - your a beast with that flaming Mura twisted

https://youtu.be/hTIxGm3BmOU

This was a good 1v1 - I tried to press the camper as much as possible and make him use a much of his resources as possible.

https://youtu.be/Mdu18CcjXRE

In this bout another hunter and I have some fun with a lone camper by keeping him from summoning at the A. Gate. He could have fought a 1v1 with each of us but I guess he chose another path.The camper is finally able to summon so now this becomes a serious fight. If you notice the gamer tag on the phantom - he is the host I invaded in my Ultimate 3v1 Gank vid.

https://youtu.be/IZ-Zop7i8t0

Enjoy the vids people.

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 28, 2012 12:49 am

Nice fights. You and Quarik are really good fighters.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon May 28, 2012 12:53 am

Broke you're so legendary they'd rather kill themselves than suffer a brutal thrashing from you.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon May 28, 2012 1:14 am

DoughGuy wrote:Nice fights. You and Quarik are really good fighters.

Thanks bro - that first bout we got seperated which got us both killed lol! In the second fight we stayed much closer together which allowed us to assist one another.

Staying together until the last minute in 2v2 then splitting off into pairs is a rule I always try to follow.Keeping your opponent busy so they cannot bang the other hunter is key to winning a 2v2 in my book. Then once one of the campers is killed its simple clean-up work at that point.

Fight hard and take as many of them with you before you die harder!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon May 28, 2012 1:16 am

cloudyeki wrote:Broke you're so legendary they'd rather kill themselves than suffer a brutal thrashing from you.

Flattery will get you every where Cloud Proper Bow .I was playing with the camper for most of the fight. I think the other hunter realized this also so he just hung back and watched. He appeared to be green so I just had fun until he took out a bleed weapon then I had to get serious. Still don't know why the camper committed suicide instead of fighting to the death.

The forest never ceases to amaze me that is why I will be member of the anti-ganking squad til I can't lift my blade anymore.

For the glory and honor of Alvina!!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon May 28, 2012 1:34 am

Broke I also love using poison. Even though the damage is insignificant people tend to panic when poisoned. Whether its running away to try and cure it and falling off a cliff or charging you wildly because they think they have to get you before it kills them, just makes people act crazy.

Side note. I hope you invade me one day, I'm a forest host not hunter, I think it will be good times!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon May 28, 2012 1:36 am

Oi no need for the ironic echo! lol.

I'm VERY guilty of playing with my targets. Parrying and shrugging, staggering and shrugging etc etc.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon May 28, 2012 2:54 am

I actually killed someone with poison after inflicting it with a crystal pike the other day.

Broke- Looking back on those fights I left myself way open with those fireballs, but that was my "Kill it With Fire" loadout, and I had all of my buffs focused on Pyro damage. I also move much less than I thought. In the forest I attempt to tank everything and stunlock with the Mura, and it makes me mostly immune to TWoP even in open spaces, but I definitely was giving them too many chances to hit me.

So I dealt 1k damage to a guy in full Giant's with a Crystal Pike today. Turns out that RTSR + PW + SLB + Crystal Path + Pike = Death at the end of a 9-foot long red hilt.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon May 28, 2012 2:59 am

Quarik based on the video it seems Broke hung you out to dry. His play style is great for 1v1 and 1v2 but his constantly backing away blocking allows his half of a 2v2 to disengage and tag team you.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon May 28, 2012 3:05 am

Perhaps. I wasn't paying much attention to what he did when we played, I was just focusing on killing everything that got near me (and failing).
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon May 28, 2012 3:58 am

Federally wrote:Quarik based on the video it seems Broke hung you out to dry. His play style is great for 1v1 and 1v2 but his constantly backing away blocking allows his half of a 2v2 to disengage and tag team you.

Yeah - Quarik was ready to jump right into the thick of things. And yeah it does look like I hung him out to dry :oops: . In that first bout Quarik was already fighting both of the campers before I could get to the circle of death to at least pull one of the opponents. We must divide and conquer to increase our odds of victory.

@Quarik - when we invade again we have to stick closer to one another then break at the last minute. In the 2nd fight I did catch the attention of the dragonoid since it appeared he was coming towards me which enabled you to stun-lock him for the kill (very good job by the way). I usually try to determine the intentions of the enemy before fully engaging. Let them show their hand then we play our trump cards. But on a future note this old man will try to keep up with you next time. lol!

Always striving to get better at this game.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon May 28, 2012 4:06 am

Man, there are a few gankers that are REALLY good at the game today. I attribute a fair bit of it to lag, but one guy dualed Washing Poles and destroyed me over and over with them. I won against him in a gank before we 1v1'd though. A hunter and I invade at the same time in the same place, and the gankers are very close to us. I run back, apply PW and SLB, and bum rush them. Host spams WoG, I roll bs him for 700 damage on the first swing alone. Needless to say, he was very much dead.

Broke- Don't worry about it. We have very different playstyles, I guess blending them will take a bit of work.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon May 28, 2012 5:06 am

Quarik wrote:Man, there are a few gankers that are REALLY good at the game today. I attribute a fair bit of it to lag, but one guy dualed Washing Poles and destroyed me over and over with them. I won against him in a gank before we 1v1'd though. A hunter and I invade at the same time in the same place, and the gankers are very close to us. I run back, apply PW and SLB, and bum rush them. Host spams WoG, I roll bs him for 700 damage on the first swing alone. Needless to say, he was very much dead.

Broke- Don't worry about it. We have very different playstyles, I guess blending them will take a bit of work.

No problem bro - I have watched both bouts several times and I think I have a good understanding of your fighting style. I am flexible when necessary so I will know how to compliment your style when we invade together in the future - something I am looking forward to.

Dual washing poles huh - very interesting set-up. I have not fought many campers who dual wielded weapons so I would love to go up against that guy. Did not get to do any invading today due to school work but I will be putting some time in tomorrow so hopefully I will run into him.

The fight is joined people and we will give as good as we get.

P.S. Will be posting a few more vids shortly so let the good times roll - yeah baby yeah cheers

For the glory of Alvina!!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon May 28, 2012 5:26 am

I'll work on slowing down next time we invade together.

Out of curiosity, what's your poise? I roll with 76 to make sure that nothing can instantly stagger me, but you appear to have a fair bit less. Also, I can't confirm but I think the pike has longer range when 1H (saw you being slightly out of range of the host in the first vid).
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon May 28, 2012 5:34 am

This is Natalia - whilst hunting yesterday to switch up my style I dual wielded Moonlight Butterfly Horns or an Enchanted Iaito +5 and an Iaito +15 which I would buff. I won actually quite a few bouts with the Dual Iaitos and most of them with the MLBH's I even parried a few WP people, I also fought a dude with dual WP's, he was one of the few I parried that day xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:51 am