Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

New Class Idea

Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

New Class Idea Empty New Class Idea

Post by Sulfur Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Just brainstorming it up today, wouldn't it be sick if dark souls added a new class and playstyle in the next patch? I have an idea, It's always bugged me that the game doesn't feature ice magic, which is magic i always use when it's available, so i brainstormed up spells, armor, starting gear ETC. Even and NPC that trains you in the arts, if you want to take a journey into my brain, read the following:

Class: Cyromancer

Face: Cold Deep South

Stats:

VIT: 10

ATT: 12

END: 10

STR: 12

DEX: 5

INT: 15

RES: 12

FTH: 8

RHand Wep 1: Reinforced Club

RHand Wep 2: Cyromancy Frost 1

LHand Wep 1: Warrior's Round Shield

LHand Wep 2: Cyromancy Frost 2

Head: Fur Hemmed Leather Hood

Torso: Fur Hemmed Leather Coat

Legs: Fur Hemmed Leather Boots

Arms: Winter Gloves

The way the class would work is you would need to wield both gloves at the same time to do the magic, the class would add a new DEF for all armor to the game as well, frost, which if the meter fills up, the enemy will freeze in 1 spot for a certain amount of time, based on their frost resistance giving the caster a good chance to lay down a couple of hits (note, backstabs would be impossible in the frozen state). And the gloves would scale with intelligence, you wouldn't upgrade them like a pyromancy flame, you can get better gloves along the way.

Spells would include but not limited to... (I havent thought up all of them)

Ice Ball - Player builds up an Ice Ball in both hands and throws it, causes PHYS damage (Starting spell)

Large Ice Ball - Same as the Ice ball, but takes longer to cast and does heavier damage

Cold Mist - Works Like fire surge, player can walk when the spell is being cast causes Frost damage

Frosty Fog - Works like poison fog, if an enemy walks in the area of effect, they take freeze damage

Frozen Weapons - When the spell is cast, the players other 2 items (Left and Right hand) gain frost damage and do higher damage based on INT lasts as long as magic weapon (Im not sure the exact time)

Ice Spike - Imagine 1 gravelord sword coming out of the ground and hitting the target you are targeted on as opposed to going to random spots, thats what it would be like silly.

Frozen Legs - Effects caster, legs freeze up causing higher poise, but slower walk speed, and rolling is impossible, kind of a variant to iron flesh

Ice Spike Storm - Identical to the gravelord sword dance, but damage scales with INT.

Frosty Ice Spike Storm - The same thing as the Ice Spike Storm, but the pillars stay up longer and cause frost damage when touched

More spells will be added when i think some up

Last edited by Sulfur on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

New Class Idea Empty Re: New Class Idea

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:24 pm

do you mean cryo? as in the prefix meaning cold/ice? also people would abuse the freeze for backstabs.... unless being frozen made you immune to bs's... but in exchange made them weak to strike damage? (shatter them?)
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:29 pm

I hope From moniters these forums, because this is a pretty good idea...

But anyways, there would have to be a BS immunity as Sparkly said, or this would get abused. Also, I think the time frozen should be 5 seconds, because 10 is too long. Great idea though, I like it!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Imarreteet23 wrote:I hope From moniters these forums, because this is a pretty good idea...

But anyways, there would have to be a BS immunity as Sparkly said, or this would get abused. Also, I think the time frozen should be 5 seconds, because 10 is too long. Great idea though, I like it!

If they are, Acidic says hi! I'm a big fan.
    sen545331
    sen545331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sen545331 Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:35 pm

I think it shouldn't be frozen unless they have almost no resistance to it, otherwise it should be like a single target form of TWOP (ie, chilled in WoW, other games, etc, slowed movement) but only for a couple seconds (i mean, c'mon the whole game is about "fire" and such, we never get any indication of temperatures, but the kiln, if the name is any indication, would probably be very hot)
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sulfur Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:52 pm

My brain is always changing this class lol, yeah, 5 seconds seems more reasonable, or maybe the lower resistance to cold you have the longer you stay frozen.

And yes, Cyromancy means manipulating ice with the mind, when you can create it with the gloves, you can do whatever you want past there pretty much.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:59 pm

since it takes up a left and right hand slot... could there be a spell that creates ice weaponry (sword and shield) while wielding the gloves? you'd get 5 casts and it would activate fairly fast... hmm...
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sulfur Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:21 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:since it takes up a left and right hand slot... could there be a spell that creates ice weaponry (sword and shield) while wielding the gloves? you'd get 5 casts and it would activate fairly fast... hmm...

I'm gonna be honest, just before i read this message that came to mind, lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:37 pm