Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
FruitPunchNinja
Doelker
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
aceluby
befowler
RaSoul
Imarreteet23
DoughGuy
Dubscythe
13 posters

So I tried co-op for the first time today.

Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

So I tried co-op for the first time today. Empty So I tried co-op for the first time today.

Post by Dubscythe Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:06 am

I don't know why, but it's insanely fun. I've defeated the Bell Gargoyle's at least 6 times today, and I'm camped in front of Moonlight Butterfly waiting to be summoned.

Glourious Co-operation!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

So I tried co-op for the first time today. Empty Re: So I tried co-op for the first time today.

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:16 am

The thing i find fun about co-op is that there is no danger to me. if I die I dont lose anything. Its such a nice change.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

So I tried co-op for the first time today. Empty Re: So I tried co-op for the first time today.

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:21 am

The greatest part of jolly co-op is when you help the host through the whole level, and afterwards he sends a message like "Thank you!" or somthing alomg those lines. It's the best feeling in all of Dark Souls for me.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:42 am

Moonlight Butterfly was getting no bites, so now I'm camped in front of Capra Demon.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:44 am

I love when you co-op in the ToG and the host doesnt know about the white slab and they fall in love with you when you show it to them. Most of my co-op in the ToG goes this way.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:53 am

By the way Dub, since you are new to co-op, you should check this out if you haven't already seen it.
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/message/view/Home/46636324
    It's an in depth guide to being summoned. All of the credit goes to Reaperfan.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:10 am

Imarreteet23 wrote:By the way Dub, since you are new to co-op, you should check this out if you haven't already seen it.

Thank you very much for showing me this, put a sign down at the beginning of The Depths, gonna help some people get to the Gaping Dragon.

Edit: Because I helped people a lot I find myself to be higher than the recommended level at each place when I arrive! XD
    RaSoul
    RaSoul
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RaSoul Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:26 am

Dubscythe I fully understand what you mean. I think co-op is a lot more fun than PVP, even though From optimized the pvp I still get huge huge lag spikes. I didnt want to admit it, but it has to be my internet connection...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:48 am

@Dub if you're getting overlevelled start buying up titanite and othre consumables. i'd recommend getting the at least to the merchant in Sen's so you can buy green titanite and large shards for +5 elemental and +10 weapons as well as +7 armour. This MASSIVELY increases your effectiveness, even more than levelling would, while keeping you in the right range. You can end up upgrading a whol;e bunch of different weapons so you can change your playstyle to anything you want. Also if you want to start co-oping in the higher level ranges check out my cov The Noble Knights (link in my sig). You might like it.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:54 am

There's actually a significantly expanded/updated co-op guide at:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Guide+to+Co-operative+Play

And I agree that getting a new host all the way through a tough area is one of the best feelings in the game. My record is getting a noob all the way through Anor Londo, including both gargoyles (I was summoned into the middle of his fight with the first one), the rafters, the archers, 3 separate DW invasions, and finally successfully beating S&O. He sent me a friend request like 1/3 of the way through, heh.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:31 am

If you have lots of souls from jolly co-op instead of using them for levels and getting out of range for consistent summons use them for things like the pyro glove, buying titanite, upgrading weapons and armor, and consumables.
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:42 am

Did you just recently get the game or something? Or did you just never feel the need to try helping anybody else..... I rarely help other people, but when I do, I tend to feel a burst of satisfaction when I get that "thanks" message from them.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:43 am

Hi Dub...
    Coop is the best experience in dark souls imo.
    Like most of the guys say, it feels great when you help somebody to go through the level and help him or her to grab the good loot.
    I have a toon sl 30 ( no bb glitch, it is a true low level toon still on NG. Actually sif handed my *** to me and lost 60 humanities and more than a million souls ) so anyway, with this low level toon I can be summoned to help with capra, gaping dragon and the gargoyles.
    I do warp to anor londo sometimes but is harder to be summonef on level 30.
    So I really hope you are having real fun doing some jolly co-op.
    Praise the Sun !!! Praise the Sun
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:24 am

i too enjoy co op but just remember if your using equipment that most people would not have at that point in the game, it can kill the fun. I have been really trying to get white knights and sunbros at low levels to stop using elemental weapons or really powerful weapons early on. It kills the experience for newer players, they will always just remember how someone else beat that boss for them the first time by running up and killing it in a few hits.

if you like co op and are doing it in the areas before you unlock sens then i suggest not using anything more powerful then raw +5. if you want to have an elemental for invaders thats fine but i think its not needed.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:26 am

Id say +10 normal and +2-3 elemental are fine. +10 scaling wont really take off before Sens and +2/3 elemental is easy even for a new player. Apart from finding Vamos/the divine ember.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:57 am

+5 raw and +10normal are very close actually raw is a bit more powerful it equals to about a +12-13normal but like you said without scaling they are pretty weak. Im sorry but i disagree about elemental no matter how upgraded it is, your technically not supposed to have them at the early areas so the bosses are destroyed by them even base level fire weapons.

The majority of summons use maxxed out end game gear in the first few areas and i cant change that, but i think it ruins the game for a lot of new players. I just crystal out if the host summons someone with elemental weapons or has some themselves.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:06 pm

I never use raw so i pretend it doesnt exist. Id say its reasonable to have a divine weapon. I know on my first playthrough i found the moonlight butterfly pretty quick (didnt know going human gave you solaire to summon, I played offline, so I gave up on the gargoyles for a bit).
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:26 pm

yea i would say devine and magic weapons are ok because without scaling they really arent much better then a +5 raw. you can actually summon lautrec and solaire for the garg fight, you may know that now.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:02 pm

Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:Did you just recently get the game or something? Or did you just never feel the need to try helping anybody else..... I rarely help other people, but when I do, I tend to feel a burst of satisfaction when I get that "thanks" message from them.

I bought the game when it first came out and I played through it a few times without really participating in the online play.

I just recently picked it up again and decided to be a Sunbro.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:14 pm

So I tried co-op for the first time today. 639795459 There is no better thing to be! So I tried co-op for the first time today. 639795459
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Agreed, being a sunbro is awesome. I have had a few people add me on PSN after helping them and some thank yous too, it always makes you feel great knowing that you helped someone get through the level big grin.

@Fruitpunchninja: My usual load out is a chaos +2 claymore and a divine morningstar +10 for Anor Londo at sl70, would that be considered over leveled?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Imarreteet23 wrote:By the way Dub, since you are new to co-op, you should check this out if you haven't already seen it.

Responding to old posts ftw!

For humility's sake I should say that at this point only about half the credit goes to me happy
    It's true that I wrote up the first draft of the guide and alot of that original information is still there, but since then it's become a community project and several others have gone in and expanded on descriptions, added new segments, found out better level ranges, etc, and so I can't take complete credit for the information winking

That all being said though, the guide is free for anyone to edit, so if you find something unclear or discover better level ranges or just have a new idea pertaining to co-op that hasn't been addressed yet, know that each and every one of you is free to go in and add that yourself! Just try to keep the wording professional, I still consider it my "pet project" so I'd like it to at least read well. I've actually had to edit in rewordings from things that were just horribly phrased, like the "Cons" for Pinwheel someone had once written as something along the lines of "The boss is stupid easy, just run in and swing your sword at him alot." It now reads like it does today winking

Anyway, good luck and praise the sun fellow co-op players!

EDIT: I actually only just now clicked the actual link lol, you linked to the actually actual first draft lol. There has since been a freely editable Wiki page that Befowler linked to on the first page of this thread, so I won't link it again here because that would be redundant. Just know that everything I was talking about in this post pertains to the Wiki page and not the first draft in the old forums winking
    FallenAzraelx

Post by FallenAzraelx Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:28 pm

This topic makes me wish I could play online... I'd love to use my solo experience helping. Considering I can take on every boss by myself, I think I'd be a useful asset big grin
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:22 pm

@Fruitpunchninja: My usual load out is a chaos +2 claymore and a
    divine morningstar +10 for Anor Londo at sl70, would that be considered
    over leveled?

not really, once you reach anor londo i see no reason to complain about elemental weapons. My main issue is the people who use lightning +5 weapons in the areas before anor londo. I actually was getting summoned a lot in anor londo at sl20 the other day with my +5raw weapon and it was tons of fun, one host had starting gear and maybe a +10 normal or raw weapon. I just dont think bosses get enough extra health for each summon added, and if they all have elemental weapons the boss fights are a joke.

actually this one guy had me cracking up because me and the host had normal weapons and they had a +5 lightning and +10fire and they were being sloppy because they can 1shot everything, so the host stopped healing them and they died before even getting to the boss.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:34 am