Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Tolvo
DxV04
sinisterapathy
Serious_Much
Whknight
Rynoa
Imarreteet23
FruitPunchNinja
12 posters

Dragon's Dogma Demo Today!

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Dragon's Dogma Demo Today! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dragon's Dogma Demo Today!

Post by DxV04 Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I may have watched that.. Is he the guy who gets obsessed with the Mage levitating spell?

Only reason I'm being so sceptical is because well, remember when Dark souls was released? They said only hardcore gamers would play it and that difficulty would drive people off.. It was really overdone, and I reckon the same will be for this too.

Maybe it'll be a bit of a challenge, but if you've got a load of people fighting for you all the time, I don't forsee it ever being too bad or beyond just being conservative with your character and letting pawns do your killing..

I'm hoping I'm wrong, and that it's really somewhat of a tactical and management challenge coming in before you even get to the combat, yet very much decides it's outcome, though the controls of your pawns on the demo seem too basic to involve too much in battle strategy..

I'm hoping you need to utilise the team well to win, to me that will be integral to whether the game is good or great, I draw the line and set the bar there.

Day one rental for you?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:43 pm

DxV04 wrote:

Day one rental for you?

lol, day one is 6 days before exam, don't think so silly

Besides, I don't really buy new games anymore, only preowned, I'm gonna be a student soon, I can't waste money on full price games... :|

I'm waiting for you guys verdict really. You're pretty reliable judges when it comes to RPG games I reckon big grin
    laezyre
    Regular
    Regular

Post by laezyre Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:51 pm

The British sounding guy with the character Hooooboy or something does like to levitate a lot. He emphasized how hard things get at night time. He said at first glance the game looked bland, but quickly got pulled into the it and can't stop playing. I've heard that from a few other reviewers too. Here's hoping for a challenging game without too much button mashing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:47 pm