Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+41
Animaester
Lexum the Dragonslayer
Extertionist
JoeBroski09
Wade_Wilson
PlasticandRage
Tokidd
ASpaceGuy
Rynoa
Artorias
skillbilly
Kerberos-013
User
his1n-
ARSP
White Mamba
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Buggy Virus
Carphil
ChizFreak
Joel_Boof
Federally
Maneater_Mildred
Argetlam350
Quarik
SATLOS
cloudyeki
djgq42
Serious_Much
skarekrow13
GkMrBane
Spurgun
Noob-of-Artorias
RANT
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
TehInfamousAmos
Rynn
Uparkaam
WyrmHero
Akatik
McTrikster
45 posters

Favorite weapon.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Favorite weapon. - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite weapon.

Post by Rynn Thu May 03, 2012 6:14 pm

skillbilly wrote:Large Club

Reasons:
    - Rare - not obtained readily (rare drop only), nor used by many players.
    - Massive damage - Its hard to find a weapon that causes more damage than a +15 Large Club (A-scale for strength) on character with at least 40 strength buffed with cmw, dmb, or sb. Add the hornet ring for bacstab and riposte one-hit kills on most players (over 2000 damage usually). Demon's Greataxe might be the only weapon that does more damage, but the large club has much lower requirements.
    - Low requirements- it is the featherweight of the great hammers (11.0). This allows you to use better armor: more poise and defense. Also has the lowest strength requirement of the great hammers to use one-handed (26). You need 46 strength to one-hand the Demon's Greataxe that has a 22.0 weight.
    - Added bonuses: nice moveset (rolling 2-haded r1 is popular for great hammer users), but better moveset than other great hammer counterparts (eg. one-handed R2). Even though it doesn't come into play, it has poison effect.

Note: very slow at times for pvp, but in the hands of an opportune pvp player, slow weapons can wreck in pvp.
    Absolutely! Large Club is the easy maintinance DGA, and in most cases, you won't notice a major performance difference from sticking with the Large Club rather then a DGA. I'd totally reccomend it's use for anyone that wants to use a strength weapon, without wasting too much energy on getting their endurance up.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Thu May 03, 2012 6:17 pm

Mmmh, Iaito, Black knight greataxe, lifehunt scythe happy
    I'm using a Chaos Zwei + 5 right now but I prefer faster weapons
    skillbilly
    skillbilly

Post by skillbilly Thu May 03, 2012 6:21 pm

Rynn wrote:

Reasons:
    - Massive damage - Its hard to find a weapon that causes more damage than a +15 Large Club (A-scale for strength) on character with at least 40 strength buffed with cmw, dmb, or sb. Add the hornet ring for bacstab and riposte one-hit kills on most players (over 2000 damage usually). Demon's Greataxe might be the only weapon that does more damage, but the large club has much lower requirements.
    - Low requirements- it is the featherweight of the great hammers (11.0). This allows you to use better armor: more poise and defense. Also has the lowest strength requirement of the great hammers to use one-handed (26). You need 46 strength to one-hand the Demon's Greataxe that has a 22.0 weight.
    - Added bonuses: nice moveset (rolling 2-haded r1 is popular for great hammer users), but better moveset than other great hammer counterparts (eg. one-handed R2). Even though it doesn't come into play, it has poison effect.

Note: very slow at times for pvp, but in the hands of an opportune pvp player, slow weapons can wreck in pvp.
    Absolutely! Large Club is the easy maintinance DGA, and in most cases, you won't notice a major performance difference from sticking with the Large Club rather then a DGA. I'd totally reccomend it's use for anyone that wants to use a strength weapon, without wasting too much energy on getting their endurance up.

Or, if you do want more endurance, using the large club instead of the DGA for a strength build allows you to carry more armor and secondary weapons.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Yeah, DGA is only for those that really want to maximize damage per hit (like me).
    ASpaceGuy
    ASpaceGuy

Post by ASpaceGuy Fri May 04, 2012 5:03 am

My faves would probably be the Barbed Straight Sword, Server, Crescent Axe, Butcher knife, and Golem Axe. The Bonewheel shield is great and although not really a weapon, I love the thorn armor to! big grin
    Tokidd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tokidd Sat May 05, 2012 1:18 pm

I only play PvE right now, and I have not finished the game, but I like fast weapons that can be used in fast, deadly combos.

My +5 Quelaag Fury Sword does 430 base attack damage at 0 humanity. At 10 humanity, it does over 500. The QFS is almost as long as a Greatsword, so the range is excellent, and there are few foes that cannot be felled with a single 4-hit combo (bosses excluded). It has the power and range of a Greatsword combined with the speed of a curved sword. I don't see why it's so unpopular.

My +5 lightning Uchigatana is also great for pure physical damage and speed. A successful riposte does well over 1000 damage.

I also have a +15 Flamberge, which is the only large sword I normally use. Excellent bleed points, and a sick 4-hit combo that flays just about any enemy.

My +14 Composite Bow also does excellent ranged damage.

These choices are different than most that I've seen here, but they work great for me.

TOkidd
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Reasons:

I literally was just having this argument with a dragons tooth user. I love the large club. Great moveset and better scaling than most of the bigger strike weapons.
    skillbilly
    skillbilly

Post by skillbilly Sat May 05, 2012 2:37 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:

Reasons:

I literally was just having this argument with a dragons tooth user. I love the large club. Great moveset and better scaling than most of the bigger strike weapons.

Agreed. There would be a debate if you could buff the dragon tooth.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 2:42 pm

The exclusive dragon scale upgrade path kinda kills that one for me. My strike build uses a +15 large club with buffs and I just can't see how the DT could measure up to that at all. Even Smough's Hammer doesn't really. I made this build originally as an O&S cosplay with someone else, so I've been carrying a maxed S'sH and I'm finding myself consistently switching back to the club. It's weight/speed/damage/movesets speak for themselves. Even the poison damage, which I'm aware isn't all that effective considering I've always killed things before hitting them with it enough for it to be viable, but when you hit someone and they see a status effect bar appear it becomes an intimidation thing IMO

Literally the only thing about it that I find disappointing is how much less impressive it looks than the Great Club.
    skillbilly
    skillbilly

Post by skillbilly Sat May 05, 2012 2:50 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:The exclusive dragon scale upgrade path kinda kills that one for me. My strike build uses a +15 large club with buffs and I just can't see how the DT could measure up to that at all. Even Smough's Hammer doesn't really. I made this build originally as an O&S cosplay with someone else, so I've been carrying a maxed S'sH and I'm finding myself consistently switching back to the club. It's weight/speed/damage/movesets speak for themselves. Even the poison damage, which I'm aware isn't all that effective considering I've always killed things before hitting them with it enough for it to be viable, but when you hit someone and they see a status effect bar appear it becomes an intimidation thing IMO

Literally the only thing about it that I find disappointing is how much less impressive it looks than the Great Club.

Great perspective on the poison effect. I like the idea of it being a factor even if it doesn't fully affect the opponent. I'd give you a + rating, but I still can't rate messages. Anybody know what you have to do to rate messages?

Also, the modest appearance of the large club improves drastically once you buff it. I prefer sunlight blade. After buffing, I like to call it my thunderstick, and I'm sure a 500 ft bomb off of Justin Verlander isn't out of the question.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 2:57 pm

What is it that's preventing you? You just hit the little + or - to the top right of a post.

I know when I'm fighting someone with a status effect weapon it always hurts my concentration a bit when I see the bar come up. Even if it's not entirely on a conscious level. I consider that addition on any weapon to be a positive one.

I'm not saying it's appearance in itself is disappointing, I just find the size of the Great Club, and the fact that it looks like a giant tree limb, to be more aesthetically pleasing. Just my opinion. It just looks more like a weapon you could use to bash someones brains in. As far as function goes though I think the Large Club just slaughters it.

I guess that's DkS though isn't it? If you didn't have to make some kind of trade-off it wouldn't be a souls game.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Sat May 05, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
    skillbilly
    skillbilly

Post by skillbilly Sat May 05, 2012 3:00 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:What is it that's preventing you? You just hit the little + or - to the top right of a post.

I know when I'm fighting someone with a status effect weapon it always hurts my concentration a bit when I see the bar come up. Even if it's not entirely on a conscious level. I consider that addition on any weapon to be a positive one.

Perhaps I am missing something, but I can't find a + or - anywhere. I read that you have to make a certain number of posts before you can rate.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 3:02 pm

That could be it. I wasn't aware of that. In my last post it would appear immediately to the right of the word "the," in the sentence "my concentration a bit when I see the." It's a + over a slash over a -. It very well may not appear for you though. I didn't know that.
    skillbilly
    skillbilly

Post by skillbilly Sat May 05, 2012 3:10 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:That could be it. I wasn't aware of that. In my last post it would appear immediately to the right of the word "the," in the sentence "my concentration a bit when I see the." It's a + over a slash over a -. It very well may not appear for you though. I didn't know that.

Thanks for the specifics. Now I know exactly where to look, but I still don't have the +/-.

Hopefully, I will soon.

and hopefully, our posts don't create too many more Large Club users. I'd hate for opponents to use it even half as much as the BKGA.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat May 05, 2012 3:47 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:What is it that's preventing you? You just hit the little + or - to the top right of a post.

I'm not saying it's appearance in itself is disappointing, I just find the size of the Great Club, and the fact that it looks like a giant tree limb, to be more aesthetically pleasing. Just my opinion. It just looks more like a weapon you could use to bash someones brains in. As far as function goes though I think the Large Club just slaughters it.

I guess that's DkS though isn't it? If you didn't have to make some kind of trade-off it wouldn't be a souls game.

yep, people always freak out when they see that bar filling up, i just ignore poison, toxin is bad which is why i always hae blooming blossoms in my inventory. i use the glarge club more than the great club becasue it has a better set of moves, my str/faith build uses it with slb and my faith/str build uses it with dmb but i use rotten resin just for fun. its one of my favourite weapons along with the DGM, DGH, MSGS and GRANT.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 3:57 pm

If you use rotten resin on it does it stack with the weapons natural poisoning ability? I never thought of doing that. I think you're right about regular poisoning too. I've recently discovered the value of bleed. So much deadlier IMO
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat May 05, 2012 4:10 pm

According to the wiki adding poison resin to the large club doubles poison buildup.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Definitely going to have to try that. It's a shame there are no resins that increase bleed damage.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat May 05, 2012 4:14 pm

priscillas scythe+bleed resins = one hit bleed
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 4:21 pm

What's a good lifehunt armor combo to help you from bleeding yourself? I can't seem to manage one that makes it viable. Obviously I've tried pairing it with the blood shield but that doesn't seem to be enough
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat May 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Bleed resin? I don't think there is one.

Plastic- Gold hemmed, black iron, bloodshield, and most importantly the Bloodbite Ring.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 05, 2012 4:27 pm

Wow. How did I not think to equip the bloodbite ring? That's probably even more obvious than the blood shield.

No, there isn't one. He was responding to my post: "too bad there isn't a bleed resin"
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat May 05, 2012 4:30 pm

the PG set has amazing resistances, you could try it too
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat May 05, 2012 4:45 pm

My favourite weapon is now officially the Uchigatana. I'm currently rocking a dual katana build in which I keep a +5 chaos uchigatana in my left hand and +5 lightning in my right (its a level 60 build so no room for magic).
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat May 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Actually lets change mine to Murakumo - I have just been using it in the forest and I am having so much fun with it - even when I lose!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:04 am