Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
sinisterapathy
Quarik
PlasticandRage
befowler
berkut
ViralEnsign_
KomradDakka
11 posters

Day Z: KomradDakkas Journal

berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Day Z: KomradDakkas Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Day Z: KomradDakkas Journal

Post by berkut Tue May 22, 2012 11:32 pm

Dunno about the community being better, probably is, but I have seen some pretty immature things playing DayZ.

Met up with a buddy and a stranger he met, fled Elektro and warmed ourselves by a campfire. Off in another town now. Character is still alive big grin, started in Solnichny, walked up to Olsha, back down to Krasnostav, then across to the Pobeda Dam. Then I was on my way to Gvozdno, when I got warped back to Drakon after entering a new server. Then I went to Elektro and now in Pusta by accident big grin.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:11 pm

No activity here for a while, so I will post a new story.

Kristov (me) was looting a military camp he had found just outside the town of Balota. Suddenly, he heard the screams of hungry zombies ring throughout the area. Looking around, he finds another survivor fending off the horde. He beats back the crazed monstrosities and manages to bandage himself. However, he has lost so much blood that the is fainting consistently. Kristov vows to help this survivor (calling him J). They search the camp for medicine, the hordes outside growling angrily, but unable to get in. However, the medical tents contained no spoils, and the two glumly decided they would have to head to the dangerous Chernorgorsk to find supplies to help J.

Just then, they hear a crackle on the radio, K (a person that Kristov has worked with before) calls them on the radio, he is in the nearby airstrip and decides to meet the two. K leaps the sandbags of the military camp, and the three, after a quick search of the camp once more, make for the gates, eager to escape before watchful bandits fall on their position. When they open the final gate, a man stands before them, this survivor does not respond to their calls, but is attacked by zombies. Fighting out of the camp, the four of them manage to fend off the zombies. Identifying himself as F, he decides to join the others to Chernorogorsk.

After a while traveling along the shore. They suddenly all lose conciousness, Kristov's vision swirling before going dark (my cheap way of explaining a server based crash).

When Kristov comes back around, he hears a voice tell him to drop his gun. He complies quickly, screaming that it is him. K looks at him with surprise, and the two try to figure out what to do next. Suddenly J comes back around as well, and the three wait a few moments for F to reappear (he has disappeared). Suddenly a man comes up behind them and leaps belly first onto the sand. After the initial shock, this survivor, named X, says that he is meeting a team in Chernorgorsk. Wary, the other 3 agree to let him tag along.

As they move through Chernorgorsk, their trust in X begins to grow, the 4 of them work as a team, looting the market and the church. As they make their way to the town hall, they become separated, and are attacked by zombies. Fighting together, Kristov and K manage to survive the assault.

Getting on their radios, they learn that X and J are also alive. Kristov and K decide to continue to the Town Hall. They use the roof drains to climb a top the mighty brick building. While looting it above, K notices a person a top the Town Hall's main clock. Advancing and surrounding him, Kristov and K demand a response from the survivor, or they will move in for the kill. To their surprise, the survivor identifies himself as F. They quickly meet up with X and J again, and head for the hospital.

Moving as a group of 5, they make their way north through the industrial factories of Chernorgorsk, where Kristov and K loss the others while scouting the area via a roof top. Feeling like he needs a break, Kristov tells K to go on without him, and Kristov takes a nap in a nearby shed (needed to leave).

Waking up an hour later, Kristov begins to move towards the hospital. Overhearing people on his radio, he listens to a friend of K (which is K silly ). To Kristov's dismay, he learns that the team successfully made it to the hospital. However, while X was giving J a blood transfusion, F pulled out his winchester and senselessly slaughtered X, J, and K!

Disheartened, Kristov continues to the hospital, there he finds poor J's crumpled body, and another dead man holding a winchester. Could it have been F? It could have been, there were the bodies of zombies around, perhaps they had killed the murderer. On the other hand, F could have left his winchester on the body of another, and taken K's AK-47 instead.

Kristov thinks to himself that, perhaps if he did not leave, he could have saved them from F, but they he also realizes that it is very likely that he is alive solely because he got lost and decided to take a nap. He coldly shivers as he thinks at how cruel this world is......

To be continued
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Guess there is no more interest in this?
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Im still into it, but i havent been able to play much as of late, Too many excellent games on the horizon and i want to play them all!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:42 pm

I enjoy reading them, but I probably won't ever buy it. I'm a tad broke ATM.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:51 pm

No Quarik, you can do it, its only 30 dollars >.<, I know what you mean though, I just bought the new video card I needed to repair the burnt out one that died about two months ago. Got a 7850 for $282 canadian, feels like a whole in my wallet silly, though I have no idea if that is expensive or not for that card, was cheaper than some, plus I can get $20 dollars back if I mail and rebate it
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:30 pm

BTW another buddy of mine "Shineylemon" has bought the game, we might play this weekend if we can all find time
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Sweet, I am working on installing ARMA II on my PC now. Biggest issue I forsee having with it is transferring my profile across.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:12 pm

shouldnt be too much of a hassle, just take all the files and folders from your steamapps directory and transfer it over via a flash drive or other transfer method

unless theres a slight chance that personal data is saved via steam cloud?
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Not sure, guess I will find out winking.

Also, a word to note, I can't do voice chat, don't have a mic, I may be more of a liability than an asset silly.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:21 am

Hmm... with the promise of people to play with I might actually get it. Good communities, however small, are so rare.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:19 pm

Got the game to work and somehow my character is the same, though I was warped to Kamenka, all is good on my end happy. Don't want to die though, I have a coyote backpack and an m1014 sad.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Anyone going to play this sometime this weekend? Currently outside of Zelenogorsk, near green mountain.

'sob' someone hacked the server and killed everyone sad sad sad, all my hard work ended by a hacker.......
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:35 pm

Killed by lag >.<, was waiting for something to be picked up for around a minute when someone came around the corner and shot me. Had 14 sets of revolver ammo too....
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:18 am

4th post in a row! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Time for another story, will do this one in multiple posts (to keep it to bite sized chunks so you can stop reading after you have read a post or two rather than having to remember where you were in the giant wall of text.

Verdovski made it, he reached his destination. The sand in his hair, the water soaking through his pant legs, exhaustion causing his eyes to close, the wears of a apocalyptic world could not keep the smile off of Verdovski's face. Before him stood the majestic town of Elektrozavodsk. It was here that he would find his fortunes, his survival. He began to move forward, when he noticed something on the beach before him. A survivor, murdered, looted, and left to rot where he fell. The sight brought Verkdovski back to reality; Elektrozavodsk might be his salvation, but it could just as easily be his end. He shivered, though he could not tell if it was caused by a cold wind or the gruesome sight before him. He steeled himself and moved into the now empty city.

To be continued...
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:36 pm

How has gameplay changed for you since the skins were removed? I hate to be the negative one, but i think it has made DayZ make a turn for the worst, Ive noticed lots of kill on sight and otherwise "deathmatch" playstyles.

Im still eager to see how this all fleshes out.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:10 pm

Definitely more team death match in style, much less to my tastes then before, but many aspects of the game are still quite fun.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:58 pm

well, i guess it -kinda- makes sense... in a way, you can really only trust your friends.

but it would be rather unfortunate for people with no one to play with, unless lone wolfing is your thing.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Things were going good for Verdovski, he had managed to find a map in a small apartment building, and he had managed to evade all of the zombies shambling through the town. He came across a small cafe. Looking at it, he sees not the out husk that it currently is, but the cute little shop that it was.

He reminisces back to a day when he took a girl he liked out for lunch back when he was but a young teenager. He wonders to himself what happened to this girl, to her family, her friends. A tear rolls down his cheek, a silent mourning to the days long gone by. Verdovksi gathers his composure, and presses onwards.

Cursing his ill turned luck, he finds but scraps left over in the offices and supermarket left found in Elektrozavodsk's ruins. Clearly, the place isn't quite so empty as he thought it was. He notices the powerplant, its height reaching up into the sky within the northern valley.

Creeping within, he finds the corpse of another man. He looks into the mans eyes, the look of surprise forever set on his face. Settling in to do the unpleasant task, Verdovski busies himself with looting the poor soul of his belongings. Finishing with his business, he looks up at the stairs leading to the top of the plants tower. He wonders if something valuable may have been at its top, something this man had been trying to reach.

Verdovski cautiously climbs the stairs, suspense gripping his heart at whether he would find a treasure worthy of the sacrifice the deceased below had made, or if he would find the barrel of the gun of a cold-hearted killer, ready to take Verdovski's life. Neither such thing happens, Verdovski reaches the top floor of the tower to look at a barren room, devoid of life and objects alike.

Prepping for the trip down, he hears something, like a whizzing, a plick perhaps. His mind whirs: 'What could it be? Was it perhaps...? But how could that be? I'm too far above anyone to see me. The windows also aren't angled right for me to be shot unless....'.

Verdovski twists his body to maneuver for the stairs. He hears more, whizzing noises that had the same effect on his conscious as a lion roaring......fear. He half runs, half falls down the flight of stairs, cursing to himself at his stupidity at entering the highest point in a building in a valley SURROUNDED by hills. His pace quickens, his heart skips a beat, he hears another swoosh through the air and.........

To be continued...
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:09 am

Feeling pretty dirty, killed and helped kill a large number of people today sad.

1) At Balota Airstrip (danger zone). Another player I play with is on the way. As I approach from the woods behind the strip, I see a survivor sidestep out and start going for the back of the hangars. I can't remember if I texted him to say friendly or not, I think so though. I followed him down as he went between the hangars. As he did, I peaked to check where he was, and he saw me and started coming back. In fear, I jumped back around the corner and proned, he came around within a meter of me and turned in my direction with a winnie. I fired my makarov into him multiple times and he hit me as well. He jumped around the corner, and I got up and plugged him again, bringing him down sad.

2) I did not loot the corpse because I talked to the guy who it was (or so we thought!). I went to the control tower and saw a dead guy laying at the doors. I peaked around (in third person) and saw a guy under the stairs, his akm pointed under the stairs. I texted him, and he accused me of hacking due to him not being able to see me (I must be able to see through walls) we argued about 3rd person, then he moved towards the door, causing me to flee. As I waited, he went up the tower, and someone blew the snot out of him. I was the one who he thought did it sad.

3) The guy who killed #2 was in the tower too (likely used ladder) and drew a bunch of zombies. I watched them go (few up ladder, then some up stairs). I decided to let him kill the ones at the ladder, then when he turned his attention to the stairs ones, I would climb the ladder and finish him. However, a late ladder zombie foiled that, so I hid along the control tower wall. As I did, the guy came down the stairs and started looting the corpse of the dead guy at the door (I can see why many find 3rd person cheap). I leaned out and makaroved his likely hostile face into oblivion. Also, it turned out that the first guy I killed was not who I thought it was, and that the guy I killed never responded. I proceeded to loot them all, netting me camo clothing, an m1911 with 7 clips, matches, knife, hatchet, binocs, watch, and compass (as well as a knife and match for the other guy (which he didn't get :/) and an AKS-74 with a kobra sight and 4 clips for it silly.

4) After a long and brutal night and day trek to and from cherno with my vision extremely blurry. We ended up in night in the cherno fire station. Someone else came in, and I convinced my team member not to blow him away (which ended up okay, since the guy was very friendly). However, it was very dark, and the others claimed someone else was in the station with us. last I checked my friend was up the tower, so I asked for the new member to stand. he did, I also asked the stranger to id, he didn't. I then proceeded to blow the brains out of this stranger who could be a huge threat. I just killed my team mate, who had come down the stairs apparently. No one knows what happened to the stranger. What's worse, as he was on his way back in Cherno, the server crashed, causing him to lose his prize m14 marksman rifle with 4x scope (check it out on the wiki). sad

5ish) Team mate came around a corner of a med tent in cherno (after the above incident) and saw a survivor point black, he fired, and the guy alt f4'd (or logged or something). Nothing happened really.

6) We moved from there to Stary (new team mate was lost due to the server loss). While there, my buddy blew down someone who spawned in front of him, not much you can do there, its a freak scenario where the spawner is as likely to blow you away for being at him.

7) While looting the stary tents, my team mate claims he was attacked by a sniper (heard the shots, turned out not to be a sniper). We waited, the guy fired more into zombies and my team member popped smoke, we fled back into the woods. There we scoured for the guy and found him in the woods. My buddy single fired his akm and hit the guy a few times, drawing zombies to the enemy. He fled into the barn and took them out. Then he tried to flee, where my team member took him out. I looted his corpse, and found an alice pack (I was using czech) with 6 blood bags, around 6 meat and other food and water. He was also using the same gun as me, so I took his ammo. While unfortunate, he did attack us first (allegedly).

8) & 9) We went from stary to the NW airfield. We heard gunshots and found corpses, but nothing too big in that way. However, when crawling from the single barracks, we saw a dead guy at the top of the nearby meta frame tower, likely a deceased sniper. While looking at it, another survivor ran up and started climbing the tower. My team mate wanted to shoot him, but I suggested we don't (I am a dork, I know). As we debated, I saw another survivor running up, which diverted our attention. The new threat looped around, but then moved towards the tower (he didn't see I don't think). Then the guy at the tower top turned around and saw us, and hit my team mate with a round from a cz. My team mate, holding a dmr with no ammo (he just ditched his akm) pulled out his revolver and fired at the guy in the tower. The guy below began firing a gun at my team mate. While prone I used my AKS-74 in single fire to take out the ground threat, and my team mate miraculously clocked the sniper with his revolver after getting sniped. We then fought the zed assailants, and he fixed my broken legs and I gave him a transfusion, we came out okay.

Current load outs of our current lives:

Me: M1911 with around 5 clips, and UZI with 3 clips, and an AKS 74 kobra with around 7 clips

Team mate: Revolver with x clips, CZ with y clips, and a M4A1 with a HWS holographic sight and an m203 underslung grenade launcher with z ammo.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:12 am

I think this mod is the reason CO as been in steams top 10 best sellers for like the past months or better...its at top spot right now. I keep hoping they will have sale for it...but the way its already selling why would they?
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:07 pm

I so wish I could get this but my computer cant handle it. sad Day Z: KomradDakkas Journal - Page 5 1330857165

Them damn computer makers coming out with new expensive tech every day :suspect:
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Me and my Buddies have been packing around as a squad, ususally 4-5 people. after a day or two of scavving, our crew now has an outfit of 2 ATVs

8)
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:08 pm

Me and the guy in the last post have a truck in a server and had found two atvs together that we were repairing, but the server hasn't been working sad
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Me and the guy above got kicked in the balls yesterday.

When we stopped playing, we logged off in a set of trees North of Vybor.

When I get ready to play again, my team mate tells me that he met the most dangerous enemy in Arma 2......THE DOOR! He had gone back to the barracks at the NW airfield and had a door clip him, breaking both his legs and almost killing him. Furthermore, he can't get out of the small bunk room he is in because he can't stand up to exit, and he keeps fainting silly. He also has no morphine to fix himself.

So in the darkest of nights, I trudge back to the NW airfield to do what I can. I manage to sneak in, evade all zombies and find him laying on the floor (after fumbling in the darkness of the barracks for a while). I painkiller, morphine, and transfuse blood to him. He is back in tip top shape. I crouch in the bunk room he was in (first one to the only exit) and he goes further into the barracks.

We are chilling for a few seconds when my screen lights up and all I hear is the racket that is gunfire. I call out to my team mate. He is almost dead in the last room of the barracks, someone was in there with him, either by hiding in there or logging into there. Thing is, the guy logged out before my team mate could fire at him :|. Me and my team mate discuss what to do when I suddenly hear more gunfire, my team mate dies sad. The guy logged back in and finished the job; he likely logged out to prevent retaliation then logged in to finish my team mate off while he wasn't looking.

I settle in to take out the guy when we walks by my bunk room, he has to I thought, considering that its on the way to the only exit. But then my team mate states that the guy would be looting his corpse and made me think: 'this guy may log out once he is done.....'. I decide to take him on before he can do that. I began crouch walking to the last room, being sure to check the others in case he moved. I know he hears my footsteps on the floor, so I prepare to face my end. I round the corner to the last bunk room and I see him, not because of a silhouette though, but because he is awash in light as he fires his akm into my chest barely a metre away. I curse and go back around the corner, having lost almost half my health (was at full). I decide that my cover is blown, so I pop a flare to ensure that I see him. I then lean out, and pump some ak ammo of my own into his face....he didn't see it coming (or he was trying to log silly). He bowls over, and rush into the room to bandage myself and fight the horde of zombies coming my way.

When done, I look down to check the bodies, but to my dismay, the only body there is by team mates. The bandits was gone, denying me any reward for the victory, I suspect he tried to alt f4 when he fell. Thankfully, I had a bandit killed tick in my debug monitor, telling me he was too late, he was dead. I checked my team mates body and realized that the guy took almost all the loot that I listed in the other post. All that was left was the revolver, a couple 'clips' for it, the binocs, and some menial stuff. The guy had somehow managed to take both the m4a1 HWS m203 and the cz 550, while holding his own gun. The guy even somehow managed to take the ALICE pack :|.

My body basically lost all his goods, there was no point in him returning, so I snuck out back to the Vybor forest and logged out....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content