Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
WorldSlayerPIKA
Forum Pirate
Maneater_Mildred
TehInfamousAmos
ViralEnsign_
Shkar
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
12 posters

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment - Page 5 Empty Re: The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Basically you pick a side. If you're on the knights you spend the day co-oping with people to help them kill priscilla and fighting invaders. If you join the lifehunters you spend the day invading and killing people.
    Just a small announcement on the train today I realised my laptop battery was dead, I forgot my ipod and I brought the wrong booklet for maths so I started writing up some short character bios that I will put in the main thread. They wont be final and if you arent happy with how your toon in represented Ill happily change it. I will only be doing the leaders and their second in commands though.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment - Page 5 Empty Re: The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue May 15, 2012 1:59 am

DoughGuy wrote:Basically you pick a side. If you're on the knights you spend the day co-oping with people to help them kill priscilla and fighting invaders. If you join the lifehunters you spend the day invading and killing people.
    Just a small announcement on the train today I realised my laptop battery was dead, I forgot my ipod and I brought the wrong booklet for maths so I started writing up some short character bios that I will put in the main thread. They wont be final and if you arent happy with how your toon in represented Ill happily change it. I will only be doing the leaders and their second in commands though.

The reason we didnt meet up in the TotG was because you were constantly co oping this is something we need to rectify as the whole point of the war is for us to fight not fight other people.

ALSO JOIN THE GRAVESWORN HERETIC! or the Lifehunters but........
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 2:31 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:Basically you pick a side. If you're on the knights you spend the day co-oping with people to help them kill priscilla and fighting invaders. If you join the lifehunters you spend the day invading and killing people.

The reason we didnt meet up in the TotG was because you were constantly co oping this is something we need to rectify as the whole point of the war is for us to fight not fight other people.

ALSO JOIN THE GRAVESWORN HERETIC! or the Lifehunters but........
    Actually you can be infected while co-oping. Twice Ive come back from a co-op to find the disasters are gone message pop up. It was the low number mroe than anything.

ALSO DONT LET ME CATCH YOU TALKING TO THOSE HERETIC SCUM!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue May 15, 2012 3:01 am

You just called him scum. Now you see what kind of fiend Dough really is
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 3:04 am

No I called you scum Viral. Im nice to people who could join me.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue May 15, 2012 3:37 am

Thats lol see I jokingly associated the heretic in your sentence with the heretic who asked oyu a question thus implying you called him scum so he wouldnt join you. Ah sceheming is such hard work.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 3:40 am

And so underappreciated.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue May 15, 2012 3:58 am

Ah the pain of being evil....
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 4:01 am

Come to the good side! We have it easier over here.
    Inb4 joke about that making us soft and weak.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue May 15, 2012 6:07 am

Lol smooth.

I would but then who would be left for you to fight?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 6:16 am

Wait until i kil Avrik again, then switch? lol!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue May 15, 2012 6:46 am

Lol I have a knight. Thorolund Saint in mind for the Noble Knights after we crush them....
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 6:48 am

So many people like the paladin set for their knights lol. What do you mean by Saint?
    Also if your waiting till you crush the knights you'll be in for a long wait.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue May 15, 2012 6:55 am

Saint like Urbain from DeS.

Wear the Cleric Knight set except the head piece which is replaced with chainmail.

Essentially a caster only except for his large Hammer which he uses to smith the unrighteous
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 7:01 am

lol I've just announced I wont be allowing exceptions to the armour rules soon. So chainmail would be a no go.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue May 15, 2012 7:39 am

Then I just wouldnt wear the helm.... Would that be okay?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 7:47 am

yeah that should be fine.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue May 15, 2012 7:50 am

MWAHAHAHhAHA now to make a nice hammerman build.... Dammit I mean.

"In the name of all that is god and holy I solemnly vow to create a mighty warrior of the gods who will vanquish evil with his blessed hammer of justice!"

old habits die hard.... then just rise from the dead..... or not....
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 8:27 am

I know your catchphrase, all togethe now "Stop ... Hammertime!"
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 15, 2012 4:22 pm

Look now I'll start the melody on the organ.

"There was a loud bang, accompanied by shaking ground. Startled knights surged to their feet searching for the source to see a flaming tent and several charred bodies land among a group of tents, setting them alight. A second later the sound of clashing steel reverberated through the ancient hall as the woman captured earlier came into view, her strangly curved sword shining with the orange light of the fire she threw from her hand. At the same instant, a lone man, dressesd for war and wearing an oddly shaped golden crown, lept from the painting and killed several men with a swing of his enormous sword. The pair quickly fought their way towards each other through the dozen or so meters that separated them, then stood back to back. Their mouths moves but what they said was lost in the din of the alarmed camp, but the woman nodded and circled behind the man, hands glowing. The man threw himself at the advancing soilders, the large swings momentarily preventing them from being overwhelmed. Without warning, he dove backwards and pillars of flame erupted from the ground killing anyone near and momentarily blinding those who looked upon them. When the fire and smoke cleared, both figures were gone, having taken advantage of the fire to enter the painting. The knights dared not pursue, they were not yet prepared for their assault on those who dwelled within and a disorganised charge would see them routed. They would have their chance at vengeance when they were ready."

Tale of the rescue and escape of Commander Hihime from the perspective of an un-named knight
    Exerpt from The History of Ariamis
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue May 15, 2012 4:48 pm

oh ho nice one!

Today nothing to special, another one of those annoying knights dropped by. He asked me to forge him a flaming sword the likes of which nobody had ever seen before. Idiot! The sword he presented me with was pitiful. So I tells I do that not blade so crude could ever be handled by the likes of me and that he was wasting my time. So the guy tries to ask me about my helmet. You have to be firm with these fools and I sent him away without so much as a word.

..... Lords above and below! I think I just saw a ghost. Well I don't know if you'd call him a ghost. If it was who I thought it was thenhe must have gone through something horrible. He looked half finished, and then not even that. And the way he stared at me with those hollow eyes. If I had an opinion on whats going to happen....well I don't even want to think about it."

Diary of Vamos the Smith, as carved onto the walls of his smithy.

"It was chaos, a hellscape that lay just beyond the veil that separated the real Anor Londo from the Painted World. Six men had gone through, one of them a monster in human form, to rescue the Commander Hihime from the Noble Knights camped in the Great Hall beyond. Pillars of flame cast a malignant glow, the screams of the wounded and dying a vile cacophany which flowed into one another creating a macabre dirge, and the flash of steel drawn fro scabbards as the knights struggled to react. While all of this was going on a shadow seemed to detach itself from the rafters above. I'm sure if anyone had seen it they would have asssumed it to be a trick of the half light, I know I did. It was more that that. Its very presence radiated malice and the stink of death, it walked upright, human form, cowled, drawn into the folds of its ragged clothes. As it approached the viel I could see two sickle blades, blood coating the thin steel curves of the blades, which flashed with Occult energies. The being went straight for the veil, never stopping as dozens of Lifehunters reached for thier weapons. The Hand of Priscilla gestured weakly for them to put away their swords,a s if he didn't really care, eyes alive with curiousity. As the shade approached the hand it fell to a knee, hooded face staring up at him, from within the cowl something started to pulse a malign green....."

Excerpt from Hammen the Scale's Journal, A Record of my Studies into Ariamis.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 15, 2012 5:55 pm

"I had just entered Anor Londo, having completed my training in the great swamp and eager to return to my home and family, when I saw them from utop the stairs. Soilders in uniform, patroling near the lift that leads to Ariamis. The lift was in the wrong place as well, it is left down to discourage intruders, yet as i saw it, it formed a bridge between the entrance of Anor Londo and the main city. I didn't recognise the uniforms and my husband would never change something so important without notifying me. So either the messanger was waylaid or no message was sent. Neither option was a good omen. I drew my weapon and marched straight to the sentry and demanded an explination for his presence. He responded by telling me the area was under quarantine by a Sir Oscar, and that I was to leave immediately. I killed him and his ally in short order and crept down to the main building. I was astonished to see a large camp had been erected in hall. It was clearly an Invasion force, and there were to many to take alone. A plan formed in my mind, I returned and stripped a bodie, then threw them both off of the bridge and hid under the stairs at the bottom of the lift. After donning the armor as a disguise I sounded the alarm. As the additional sentries ran past, I slipped into their camp and walked as casually as possible towards the painting. I had just reached it when one of the sentries grabbed my shoulder. The clever bastard guessed it was a diversion and was waiting for me. I spun around and summoned a large blast of fire with my hand directly on his face and made a break for the painting. The stupid man grabbed my ankle, and I was pinned down and bound before I could get back up again. They proceded to drag me to their leader and I'm currently stuck in a makeshift prison tent. I pray that my husbands spies recognise me and think to organise my escape quickly. And that the soldiers here are wary enough to keep their hands to themselves."

Journal entry of Hihime.

Damn you viral, being all better than me.

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Tue May 15, 2012 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 7:16 pm

Aaah! Lore overload!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 10:03 pm

I'm not sure I like where those stories went. Time for some revenge. Also as Viral pointed out only about a fifth of my men would be knights, the rest are general soldiers. Please be clear about which is which. Most likely the casualties in the story were ordinary soldiers, not knights.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue May 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Your group is called the Noble Knights. Knights is simply how an outsider would refer to you as a whole, rank asside. Similarly, Lifehunter is a rank but Lifehunter is how we're refered to by outsiders.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:20 am