Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
WorldSlayerPIKA
Forum Pirate
Maneater_Mildred
TehInfamousAmos
ViralEnsign_
Shkar
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
12 posters

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment - Page 3 Empty Re: The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 10, 2012 8:19 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Okay - Dough, I will train your troops in basic combat skills - setup parries etc; May you enlist me for this job whilst Tolvo is away?? Because I feel that I may have the skills for the job - also perhaps I will be neutral on this side of the war - I will help to Noble Knights on my Gladiator? and then on the other day I will invade all day as a Lifehunter? Does that seem fair to you guys?

Thatd be cool. I'll talk to my guys about it. The war will most likely be an all day thing so you'll have plenty of time to switch between the sides..

@Forum The knights got 1 point for co-op killing Nito, killing an invader and 2 points for killing a gravelord. The gravesworn got 1 point for killing a SoV or invader and 2 points for killing a knight.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment - Page 3 Empty Re: The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment

Post by DoughGuy Fri May 11, 2012 8:32 am

So due to Isaac getting another game be ready for a lore surprise! (Also Wyrm you wont like it but Im sorry its necessary)
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 12:26 am

Not the lore surprise, that'll be coming when I make the official thread 2 weeks from the event start.
    "In preparation for the upcoming war the knights moved their forces into Anor Londo, occupying several large buildings for their living quarters and making good use of the large spaces to run training drills. It was here after a few days that the knights had a great surprise. A small group of humans dressed in the armour of the sentinel giants they had seen guarding the palace of Gwynevere were encountered by a patrol. Showing themselves willing to join Oscar they were brought before him in private. The next day Oscar came before us with the tale they had told him. And what a tale it was ..."

Excerpt from Farel Gharllen's "The war to retake Lordran - Part II"
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 7:04 am

I've spoken to the POLG leader and he looks like he'll join. Which side depends on his alliance with the lifehunters. I also spoke to the Kino order leader and he's going to get in contact with his guys and try to get as many as he can in on it.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat May 12, 2012 9:14 am

I want all of the Gravesworn in on this.... Should I be repping Nito and his boys or go as my Dragon?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 9:26 am

Depends on the number of gravesworn you get but I'd prefer to wait a little longer till Avrik comes back. If he comes back straight away theres not enough impact. Wait until he can be the secret dude pulling some strings behiind the scenes then bring him back.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 11:00 am

You know the hardest part of this will actually be writing the lore if the knights win. I mean they cant kill pris after one battle but unlike the ToG theres not anything else to do in the Painted world.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat May 12, 2012 11:36 am

Perhaps a greater threat causes the two to band together.....
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat May 12, 2012 2:53 pm

this is my first attempt at making a lore post so please go easy on me silly
    please comment

Spoiler:

i will start making this toon after the FC event. it will certainly be ready in time for the event.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat May 12, 2012 9:37 pm

"I will not lie men, we are cut off. There is no escape for us or our Queen should we fail. The knights will kill our Lady, burn our homes, and butcher our familys unless we stop them. Reinforcements, should we be so lucky, would have to march through the enemy camp to get here. We are alone in this battle. That is the unpleasant reality with which we are faced. If you wish to leave, I will not stop you, but I go nowhere. I stand to offer the same salvation my queen offered me. I stand to protect my home, and yours. I stand against these knights, these ignorant misguided cowards who dare claim noblity to send them back to their pitiful gods, who dare not intrude upon our land. To send them back with hearts full of sorrow, and tales of true noblity, the noblity of the brave souls who stood against them and defended their homes, of the strength of the outcasts, shunned from society and of their own bitter defeat. There is no escape, but I say we haven't the need. I say, we make them rue the day they dared set foot on our land and send them back where they came from!"

Speach given just before the battle by Regiment Commander Hihime as the invasion began
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 12, 2012 9:47 pm

"My troops, I'm not going to lie to you, our situation today is very grim. The knights have never failed a campaign, and they look like dorks. The truth is, most of you are probably going to die. And the survivors will envy the dead. But we have to win this. We have to win this so that someday, our children can enjoy the taste of chocolate again. Everything is at stake here. Literally everything. If we lose, the whole universe just blinks out like a light bulb. And now I realize that most of you don't know what a light bulb is. Well, take it from me, it's bad. But if we have to go down, let's go down fighting, like heroes, so that as the darkness closes in, we can think to ourselves, at least we had fun.

Are you afraid to die? I know I am. I can feel those cold shivers of fear like someone is pumping ice cream into my shirt. But I know... that history is watching us. It was watching us when we changed into our uniforms. It was probably taking pictures. And history, my troops, is written by the victors. If we win this, we can write our own history. A history in which the First Flame was created by an evil slug with a tinderbox. We can make everyone study that history, even though it isn't true, and if they don't answer the right way on our tests... they'll fail the class. Isn't that worth dying for? No, don't answer that. Some things are better left unknown.

None of us know why we're here. None of us know why we're fighting. We just woke up in these uniforms in this mysterious world, knowing only that there was no way to get our names and memories back except victory. The soldiers in that other army out there... they're just like us. They don't want to die. They're fighting to protect each other, the only friends they have left. They're fighting because they know they have families who'll miss them, even if they can't remember now. They may even be fighting to save the world. But we have a better reason to fight than they do. We fight because we like it. We fight to amuse eldritch monstrosities from beyond Space and Time. We fight because we're Chaos. Soon the final battle will begin, so let me say now, because I won't get a chance later, that it was an honor to be your commander, however briefly. Thank you, thank you all. And remember, your goal isn't just to cut down the enemy, it's to make them afraid."

Speech given by Irixm "Howling mad" Plagius, soldier of the Painted Queen.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 9:57 pm

You know SHkar, as I was reading I was like "What is this guy talking about". Then I saw "howling mad" and I was like "This man is a genius!"
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 12, 2012 9:59 pm

DoughGuy wrote:You know SHkar, as I was reading I was like "What is this guy talking about". Then I saw "howling mad" and I was like "This man is a genius!"

Sadly, I can't claim to have wrote it. I adapted it from a story I read once.

That being said, I could easily be considered "howling mad" and I am a great speech writer (not trying to brag, I really am one of the best in my entire area (I was asked to speak at a military memorial)), so I probably COULD have written something like that, but I figured just re-posting this here was easier lol
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 10:06 pm

"Men I come before you today to prepare you. You have all heard the tale of the sentinels and heard the foes they descriibed. You may also have seen Ser Isaac and his Sunlit Knights emerge from the painted world yesterday. We now have the proof we need. *Holds up the severed head of a crossbreed* The painted world is home to all the monstrosities the sentinels described and more. Outcasts and exiles, unfit for life in this world, banished to away, they live serving this painted queen. These horrors cannot be allowed to exist any longer. They are a blight upon this world, they are the reason the true gods were forced to flee their holy city. They are heretics and traitors one and all. When we march upon their world you will face horrid beasts like you have nevre seen. But you MUST stand STRONG if you want to return alive! You cannot falter, you cannot fail, because if you do all this is for nothing. We are the crusaders who will bring order and honouyr back to Lordran! The beasts are trapped in their world, surrounded. But nothing fights more ferociously than a cornered beast. We must be strong but we must be careful. In 3 weeks we march forth onto their world, be ready for that my men."

Oscar II's speech to his men after Isaac's return from his mission

Isaac abd the sentinel's stories will be posted in the official thread.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 12, 2012 10:09 pm

"Bollocks to that."

Lifehunter Plagius' response to Oscar II's speech, overheard by the reckless maniac.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 10:16 pm

How did you overhear it exactly?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 12, 2012 10:20 pm

DoughGuy wrote:How did you overhear it exactly?

Easy, I was dangling from the rafters. "Howling mad", remember?

Also, I was the one who spiked your water supplies with salt and beef bouillon.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Smart plan but one of my guys saw that. We got a new supply.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 12, 2012 10:29 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Smart plan but one of my guys saw that. We got a new supply.

That "guy of yours" was actually me. In disguise.

Also, I managed to get you to "volunteer" for jury duty. Enjoy!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Remember how your crazy? Yeah none of that happened to my knights. Though I did wonder why I saw Wyrm on the jury.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 12, 2012 10:46 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Remember how your crazy? Yeah none of that happened to my knights. Though I did wonder why I saw Wyrm on the jury.

Damn, I must have written down the wrong address! I wonder where that box of dung pies ended up...

Oh well, back to the drawing board.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun May 13, 2012 12:03 am

Lol he's Siefer reborn!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun May 13, 2012 12:07 am

Shkar you're a dork.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun May 13, 2012 12:16 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Shkar you're a dork.

Ha ha!

I wish!

(+1 to the first to guess the reference)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun May 13, 2012 12:21 am

Jat from one of the View askewniverse movies?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:19 am