Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
JohnnyHarpoon
Darkwolf
Seenblack
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Kenko
ViralEnsign_
WyrmHero
Quarik
PlasticandRage
14 posters

Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing - Page 5 Empty Re: Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing

Post by skarekrow13 Sat May 12, 2012 1:14 am

I thought his comments were something angry like he's gonna "take care of"the issue. I'll have to look because I always felt like he went half insane from the noise and smell of Frampt and went to kill him. After seeing you can't by hitting his head he went below to fund the source

That's my impression at least.

I also felt Laurentius went down to find chaos pyro and couldn't see Quelana

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Sat May 12, 2012 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing - Page 5 Empty Re: Exploring a few things. Posting some theorizing

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 12, 2012 1:14 am

DoughGuy wrote:Ahh but Laurentius goes down for 2 reasons. Either you show him a chaos pyromancy or an ascended glove. What do the 2 people down their that do those things have in common? Illusions. Either he cant find the illusion wall hiding Quelaan (just because you broke it doesnt mean he did) or he cant see Quelana like you can (cause his pyro is not good enough). Either way he cant see what you sent him down to find. His disappointment coupled with his hate fro you sending him on a useless mission hollows him.

or, there's the point that just because you killed Quelaag doesn't mean that she's dead in his world. That's a hell of a fight for a low level character who does mostly fire damage.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat May 12, 2012 1:15 am

Huh. So, when a person hollows, they leave a body behind? I just thought the body you find are the true deaths of that character in their world as your world and their's intersect. Like, you get invaded by Kirk multiple times, and as you get invaded more and more times, your worlds become more and more intersected, until you get to a point where you find his body. Which makes sense, since you cant find his body unless you kill him each time. Same with the guy with the Grant.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 1:28 am

@Skare I think it was you that awhile ago asked about som tablet like thing above Snuggly. I checked awhile ago and checked just then I think its just a brick thats off colour.
    @Plastic I think laurentius is part of your world. You never summon him or invade him plus he's always around in the same spot.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 12, 2012 1:42 am

That's a good point. Though Solaire is both sometimes. I just enjoy the thought of Laurentius going down there and propositioning Quelaag for pyromancy. If the chosen undead explained he/she got it from a spider woman it's not like Laurentius would know the difference.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 12, 2012 2:43 am

I think the Crestfallen Warrior probably smelt all the dead bodies in New Londo and gave up hope that there was any remaining sanctuary in Lordran.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 2:45 am

Thats both funny and likely.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sat May 12, 2012 2:50 am

If only he had the courage to make it to the forest covenant. He could then chill at the grave of artorias, under the protection of Sif. Nice and cozy over there.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 12, 2012 3:00 am

Shkar wrote:I think the Crestfallen Warrior probably smelt all the dead bodies in New Londo and gave up hope that there was any remaining sanctuary in Lordran.

Before he says it smells he says it snores.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 12, 2012 3:04 am

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Shkar wrote:I think the Crestfallen Warrior probably smelt all the dead bodies in New Londo and gave up hope that there was any remaining sanctuary in Lordran.

Before he says it smells he says it snores.

My point was that he thought the smell and noise was wrecking the peace up above, and I doubt he would be too happy with the smell below either.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 12, 2012 3:20 am

I just initiated that dialog to try to come up with my own interpretation, as I never talk to him so most of my builds have him in their Firelink. Here's my two cents. First he says "we have a new problem, it's noisy, it snores, and its breath is horrible." then in his next dialog, after placing the lord vessel, he says "Oh that smell...and I was really beginning to like it here. Maybe it's time I do something about it." I think he's still talking about Frampt. I think he's entering New Londo in an attempt to commune with Kaathe and hopefully 'do something about it,' meaning do something about Frampt. Considering it could be argued that Kaathe and Frampt are enemies.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sat May 12, 2012 3:24 am

DoughGuy wrote:Greqat lightning spear
    "Miracle passed down to those bound by the Warrior of Sunlight covenant. Hurl giant lightning spear.
    The weapon of the God of War, who inherited the sunlight of Lord Gwyn, but had respect only for arms, and nothing else."

Great find. I still believe the fact that it's a 'the weapon of the God of War' kinda is the giveaway that Solaire is the fallen God of War (if nothing else...), but it's interesting that he only respected arms - explains why he can do much damage with a Sunlight Straight Sword big grin

Just my opinion, though.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 12, 2012 3:40 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I just initiated that dialog to try to come up with my own interpretation, as I never talk to him so most of my builds have him in their Firelink. Here's my two cents. First he says "we have a new problem, it's noisy, it snores, and its breath is horrible." then in his next dialog, after placing the lord vessel, he says "Oh that smell...and I was really beginning to like it here. Maybe it's time I do something about it." I think he's still talking about Frampt. I think he's entering New Londo in an attempt to commune with Kaathe and hopefully 'do something about it,' meaning do something about Frampt. Considering it could be argued that Kaathe and Frampt are enemies.

Problem is, no reference is made to Kaathe, so there is n reason to suspect he knows of Kaathe.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 12, 2012 3:48 am

No direct reference is made to New Londo either aside from that he shows up there. Nothing is stated directly as far as what he feels like he needs to be rid of, except for a distaste for Frampt
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 3:50 am

Shkar wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I just initiated that dialog to try to come up with my own interpretation, as I never talk to him so most of my builds have him in their Firelink. Here's my two cents. First he says "we have a new problem, it's noisy, it snores, and its breath is horrible." then in his next dialog, after placing the lord vessel, he says "Oh that smell...and I was really beginning to like it here. Maybe it's time I do something about it." I think he's still talking about Frampt. I think he's entering New Londo in an attempt to commune with Kaathe and hopefully 'do something about it,' meaning do something about Frampt. Considering it could be argued that Kaathe and Frampt are enemies.

Problem is, no reference is made to Kaathe, so there is n reason to suspect he knows of Kaathe.
    I agree with Shkar. There's no reason he would go looking for Kaathe let alone know about him. Also theres no reason to think that Kaathe could do anything about Frampt.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 12, 2012 3:50 am

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:Greqat lightning spear
    "Miracle passed down to those bound by the Warrior of Sunlight covenant. Hurl giant lightning spear.
    The weapon of the God of War, who inherited the sunlight of Lord Gwyn, but had respect only for arms, and nothing else."

Great find. I still believe the fact that it's a 'the weapon of the God of War' kinda is the giveaway that Solaire is the fallen God of War (if nothing else...), but it's interesting that he only respected arms - explains why he can do much damage with a Sunlight Straight Sword big grin

Just my opinion, though.

The descriptions on all of Solaire's equipment could be seen to back this up too. It all says it holds no special power, but that it all came from Solaire's intense training. Sounds like someone who cares only for arms to me. Also could explain why Solaire seems so confused a good amount of the time. Like now that he's human he's struggling with other things for the first time.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 12, 2012 3:56 am

DoughGuy wrote:
    Shkar wrote:

I agree with Shkar. There's no reason he would go looking for Kaathe let alone know about him. Also theres no reason to think that Kaathe could do anything about Frampt.

Well, I actually stand by my personal belief that the 10 primordial serpents in the dark lord ending are actually one massive hydra like creature. If that is in fact what they are, then perhaps Kaathe could do something about Frampt.

Then again, I can't see them doing much other then straight up arguing/debating.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 12, 2012 3:57 am

DoughGuy wrote:
    Shkar wrote:

Isn't part of Kaathe's whole deal to try to correct mistakes he believes Frampt is committing? I feel like enough vague statements are made by the Crestfallen Warrior that it's silly to call one argument without basis any more than another. Aside for a distaste for Frampt and a desire for te bells to ring
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat May 12, 2012 3:57 am

Shkar wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:
    Shkar wrote:

Well, I actually stand by my personal belief that the 10 primordial serpents in the dark lord ending are actually one massive hydra like creature. If that is in fact what they are, then perhaps Kaathe could do something about Frampt.

Then again, I can't see them doing much other then straight up arguing/debating.

That's pretty interesting. Haven't heard that theory before.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat May 12, 2012 4:01 am

This thread is zippin! I personally think the Serpents are... separate entities, but all a part of each other? Can't really explain what I mean.

For the GoW bit, I think it's Solaire. There's so much evidence for it, but the niggling little details like the Lightning Spear and Andre being what he is make me doubt it.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 4:01 am

yes but how would Kaathe do anything to Frampt? They are eiither a) two serpents that are the same in body or b) 2 heads of the one beast. Either way Kaathe only has a 50/50 chance of winning. Also while ther are 1 heads the fact that Frampt hangs upside down in the kiln makes me believe they are separate entities.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 12, 2012 4:02 am

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Isn't part of Kaathe's whole deal to try to correct mistakes he believes Frampt is committing? I feel like enough vague statements are made by the Crestfallen Warrior that it's silly to call one argument without basis any more than another. Aside for a distaste for Frampt and a desire for te bells to ring

Make no mistake, we're not saying the theory is bad, we are just saying that we feel there isn't sufficient evidence to support it. As the player, we have the benefit of the in-game narration and such, yet we see no reference to Kaathe except for "The beast of the abyss" and the Dark Lord ending.

PlasticandRage wrote:

That's pretty interesting. Haven't heard that theory before.

I've posted it once or twice on the forums, but nobody has expressed any real interest in my insane ramblings happy
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat May 12, 2012 4:04 am

They could be not only parts, but the same snake. In both endings, the Serpents win, so why not play both sides?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat May 12, 2012 4:04 am

DoughGuy wrote:yes but how would Kaathe do anything to Frampt? They are eiither a) two serpents that are the same in body or b) 2 heads of the one beast. Either way Kaathe only has a 50/50 chance of winning. Also while ther are 1 heads the fact that Frampt hangs upside down in the kiln makes me believe they are separate entities.

Hey, I never said he would have a good chance of doing anything about him. Any fighting between them would have to be done through proxies. happy

Also, as we see by fighting the hydras, those necks can seriously arc, and the serpents are VERY long. I just don't see how there could be 10 of those things all competing for food and such (assuming they need to actually eat, of course).
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 4:06 am

They do live in the featureless abyss.
    Also my post wasnt directed at you. Three other people posted while I was so it got a little pushed back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:55 am