Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Serious_Much
Zechk
Bioraptor
Federally
Azran
SlakeMoth
JoeBroski09
Dubscythe
Jorund
RANT
Maneater_Mildred
callipygias
DoughGuy
Quarik
jjshowal
19 posters

Favorite moment in the game?

jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Favorite moment in the game? Empty Favorite moment in the game?

Post by jjshowal Wed May 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Whether it be a badass boss battle in the single player campaign, or you just dominated a 3v1 smackdown in the kiln, what has been your favorite moment in Dark Souls. I know we have all put hundreds of hours into the game by know, so it might be hard to think of just one!

For me, it is a toss up. I'm an old school gamer who adores a good boss fight and boss design. Since it was so early on in the game on my first playthrough, the first time I laid eyes on the Gaping Dragon I was stunned. I was literally fighting a giant dragon/vagina with teeth for labia. The fight itself was somewhat underwhelming, but the amount of wicked creativity that went into designing the vagina beast was awe-inspiring.

The second instance, which I'm sure is a popular one among PvEers, was the first time I beat O + S, by myself I might add. I of course thought it was wise to take out the Smough first, you know the big fat guy swinging a hammer might as well get rid of him first right? Little did I know how much easier the fight was to take out Ornstein first.

Curious to hear your thoughts!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Favorite moment in the game? Empty Re: Favorite moment in the game?

Post by Quarik Wed May 16, 2012 10:46 pm

When I began to get good at the game. I'm no vageta (he's a PvE badass), but I feel competent now, and I can win the majority of PvP fights I get into.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 16, 2012 11:03 pm

Beating the Capra demon first try, with all but 3 toons.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed May 16, 2012 11:51 pm

Quarik wrote:When I began to get good at the game. I'm no vageta (he's a PvE/P badass), but I feel competent now, and I can win the majority of PvP fights I get into.
    Fixed that.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu May 17, 2012 12:33 am

Target destroyed. cheers
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 17, 2012 12:47 am

first time i fought iron golem, specially when he toppled over i just thought that detail was pretty awesome.
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Thu May 17, 2012 1:07 am

Speaking of the Iron Golem, when he did his little "back leap" deal, he fell straight off the cliff, insta-winning me the fight. I enjoyed that.

Also have to second the gaping dragon sentiment.

Another one of my favorites is when I saw the giant rat in the sewers, pulled out the zweihander, and OHK'd it on my first playthrough with a plunge.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu May 17, 2012 1:11 am

When I first set foot in Anor Londo.

Environmentally it's a stark contrast to the game up until then. Instead of the dreary, dark and worn down settings leading up to that point it's a sunlit masterpiece. The buildings and walkways are in pristine condition, compared to the mossy and worn down Undead Burg/Parish. It's also a bit of a jump difficulty-wise, but these things have made Anor Londo very memorable for me.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 17, 2012 1:47 am

When I first killed Gwyn. I didn't parry, or anything else. I tanked it with my perfect tanking build. Ya, I used Giant's armor, Mask of the Father, FaP ring, Havel's Ring, Demon's Greataxe+15, and Power Within, but I killed him the only way I know how. Tanking. Felt GREAT. Now after killing him with my no-shield character (I summoned Solaire and let my pyromancies flow), I'm going to play my first character ever. He looks more awesome than I remember. Halberd, Elite Knight armor, Knight-Starting shield. Hmmmm. Messed up stats, though haha!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu May 17, 2012 2:24 am

callipygias wrote:
    Quarik wrote:When I began to get good at the game. I'm no vageta (he's a PvE/P badass), but I feel competent now, and I can win the majority of PvP fights I get into.
    Fixed that.

I'd never seen him do any PvP, so I couldn't say anything. I can definitely vouch for his PvE badassery though.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu May 17, 2012 4:43 am

Killing the Hellkite on the bridge three times using the Dragonslayer Greatbow.

My other favourite moment is yet to come, I hope. It will be when and if I get the Platinum Trophy.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Thu May 17, 2012 5:03 am

SlakeMoth wrote:My other favourite moment is yet to come, I hope. It will be when and if I get the Platinum Trophy.

Good luck with that. I just decided not to get the Plat, and get over 50% of achievements (which I did), since I'm not getting an ugly egg-head just for some pyromancy. silly

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 17, 2012 6:49 am

One memorable moment was the first time the Taurus Demon dropped down in front of me on that bridge. Was just a couple hours in and had been constantly dying, then that giant scary looking monster just jumps down in front of me and the music starts, I shat my pants right there.

Other memorable moments were Sif and the Moonlight Butterfly. Neither was particularly difficult but everything about those fights was just amazing, boss design, level layout and music all came together to create an amazing experience.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Thu May 17, 2012 8:55 am

Seeing Anor Londo for the first time,I was in awe of the beauty of the level design.

And of course when I acquired the Lord Vessel at SL12 happy
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Thu May 17, 2012 10:48 am

That moment where you see Anor Londo for the first time for me. As in the bit in the cutscene itself where the camera suddenly zooms up and time slows for a second. I actually said 'ohhh' out loud I was so stunned.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 17, 2012 10:51 am

I loved when I first beat the gargoyles. Being new to souls and fighting those guys was unbelievably difficult, frustrating and the number of deaths I can't even count. It took me 15 hours on my first playthrough to get past them, shockingly I had more difficulty with them than O&S, who I died a lot to, but killed more easily, guess I'd gotten a better hang on the controls by the time I'd been able to get through Blighttown and Sen's Fortress with my sanity.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 17, 2012 11:07 am

Serious_Much wrote:I loved when I first beat the gargoyles. Being new to souls and fighting those guys was unbelievably difficult, frustrating and the number of deaths I can't even count. It took me 15 hours on my first playthrough to get past them, shockingly I had more difficulty with them than O&S, who I died a lot to, but killed more easily, guess I'd gotten a better hang on the controls by the time I'd been able to get through Blighttown and Sen's Fortress with my sanity.
    Surprisingly, I was new to the Souls Series when I got the game at release, and I didn't have trouble with the Gargoyles. (No Solaire Summon) I had trouble with Quelaag. QQ
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 17, 2012 11:09 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:I loved when I first beat the gargoyles. Being new to souls and fighting those guys was unbelievably difficult, frustrating and the number of deaths I can't even count. It took me 15 hours on my first playthrough to get past them, shockingly I had more difficulty with them than O&S, who I died a lot to, but killed more easily, guess I'd gotten a better hang on the controls by the time I'd been able to get through Blighttown and Sen's Fortress with my sanity.
    Surprisingly, I was new to the Souls Series when I got the game at release, and I didn't have trouble with the Gargoyles. (No Solaire Summon) I had trouble with Quelaag. QQ

you're lucky, though the way I beat gargoyles was changing my wanderer to have some magic on the side to help me, so I could just range them without fear of damage, worked well big grin

though for me, quelaag was really easy. I got a lucky drop of BK shield in the parish (I used 2H R2 of drake sword to kill him lol) and so i could just block and attack without fear.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 17, 2012 11:15 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

you're lucky, though the way I beat gargoyles was changing my wanderer to have some magic on the side to help me, so I could just range them without fear of damage, worked well big grin

though for me, quelaag was really easy. I got a lucky drop of BK shield in the parish (I used 2H R2 of drake sword to kill him lol) and so i could just block and attack without fear.
    I think my "tank build" was what helped me with the gargoyles. Plus, I found a really easy way to beat them as a melee class. As soon as it activates, run across the bridge to the tower. Pretty much wedge yourself onto the side of the tower (there's a pathway). The first gargoyle will have a hard time hitting you, and when the second gargoyle comes in, he's behind the other gargoyle, and can't get close enough since you're in a corner. Voila. Gargoyles one at a time. That could compete for my favorite moment. I tried that my third time, and I was so happy XD. My friend then used it to beat the gargoyles.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu May 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Every time I tried that Gargoyle strategy I got roasted by their fire breath.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 17, 2012 3:46 pm

It wouldn't reach me o.O You gottah get farther back if the fire is getting too close. You gottah make sure the first gargoyle is the closest one. He can't breath fire.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu May 17, 2012 3:53 pm

To be fair, I lost my sanity years ago. So goign to Dark Souls was relatively easy.

Once ya lose meaning of sanity, insanity becomes your new thought of everything. Plus, you get see things differently than others. It ain't that bad. I get an extra coke every day now, with some whiskey as well as some velvet cupcakes. Mmm. Bloody Damn Sweet.

lol
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu May 17, 2012 3:54 pm

I don't know if you're being serious or not...
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu May 17, 2012 3:56 pm

I am serious... except for the velvet cupcakes. I ran out... gotta make more some time in the future.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu May 17, 2012 4:18 pm

LOL my first playthrough I beat the crap out of the gargoyles on my first try with a +5 zwei hander after I stumbled into their den on accident my heart was beating so fast on that fight at that point I didnt know how to summon or do anything.

I also beat the capra demon on the first try by the grace of someone who left a message for the dive attack above the stairs to which I instantley understood since that was how I finally beat the tarus demon whom I died at 8 times.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:21 pm